PNY GTX 480 in stock at newegg

BobyTT

Gawd
PNY GTX 480 in stock

Capture-17.png

Its gone, I personally have 2 eVGA in pre-order at amazon. But if newegg did allowed 2 to be purchased i was going to get them...

@ Dragon I am not sure that would wotk

I have never been able to find how much power these things are supposed to take.

if you really need SLI already, then make two separate purchase. the extra $9 shipping is only pennies compared the cost of this card in SLI

I NEED SLI 480s like John Goodman needs a bucket of fried chicken. I WANT SLI 480s like John Goodman wants a bucket of fried chicken.

Just as well they're OOS. I'm happy waiting for the EVGAs.

I am sure there will soon be a Shell Shocker deal with the card + pocket nuclear power plant or air conditioning unit tossed in for free... :D

The MSRP for these is $499 right? If so that means the Egg isn't price raping ya like they did for the 58x0 cards.

lol that was fast, does this mean today is the day they received there shipments?

I guess so , i just spoke with CS and mine is shippign today , i paid for rush and overnight shipping.

Let the RMAs begin!

All joking aside, looks like the GTX480s are going into stock on other sites as well.

It's a FAIL, their hot, too much pow... what? Their in stock? Where OMG in for 13!

I am just surprised anyone would buy PNY. Their warranty expires after the next gen comes out. XFX and EVGA last as long as the companies exist.

It's a FAIL, their hot, too much pow... what? Their in stock? Where OMG in for 13!

So? I dont give a shit. Ill replace them when next model is out. So whats the biggie? Why so much hate?

I don't hate them.
I'm poking at all the folks who bitched, and are now lining up to buy one (or already have). Sarcasm aimed at the hypocrites.

One nice thing is that they're not gouging prices to well above MSRP like what is happening with the 5970.

Its gone, I personally have 2 eVGA in pre-order at amazon. But if newegg did allowed 2 to be purchased i was going to get them...

@ Dragon I am not sure that would wotk
Might want to look at the Amazon 5850 preorder thread. :eek:

Anyone think its worth snagging some of these for ebay when they're back in stock?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I dont understand why people are willing to pay $500 for a card that's barely faster than a $400 5870

I got this.

I don't understand why people are willing to pay $400 (5870) for a card that's barely faster than a $280 5850.

I dont understand why people are willing to pay $500 for a card that's barely faster than a $400 5870

Because in certain games the 480 kicks the SHIT out of the 5870, not all but where there is a difference the 5870 loses badly:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-470-480-review/25
http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-470-480-review/19

Now I know this isn't the norm but still the 480 or 5870 are pretty close most of the time and then you see shit like this and then the 480 scales better so I'll be getting three, will start out with two and then when I get the Asus Rampage III I plan to go to three if I've burned down the house (knock on wood!).

Back