Pny gtx 1060 Best Buy at msrp

People are so surprised when cards have a MSRP and prices jump all over the place. This has happened in almost every single launch I can remember in the last 20 years, if they were nice performing parts.

just looked at the H review. Pretty cheap and it looks a lot like a 980s and 980s are twice as much almost

GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

directly from PNY also seems to be instock. At 249.99. Its not a bad card at that price. I paid 228 at bestbuy because I had reward points worth almost 50 and I get 10% dollars back in reward points. So almost 200 after getting money back.

Still I think at 249.99 its a good buy.

GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

directly from PNY also seems to be instock. At 249.99. Its not a bad card at that price. I paid 228 at bestbuy because I had reward points worth almost 50 and I get 10% dollars back in reward points. So almost 200 after getting money back.

Still I think at 249.99 its a good buy.

$16.95 for shipping plus tax :(

btw visa checkout takes $10 off of 100 right now. american express has $20 $25? off of $200 (or was it $250?) as well.

"you know it's rough times when you get excited about paying retail..."

LOL @ this

Gentlemen thank you for the comedy in this thread I have been sitting at my desk in tears the last couple of minutes from laughing!!! Tempted to pick up a 1060 for my knock around machine to give it some decent gaming capabilities.

USPS movers 10% off coupon may work on these as well, you are allowed to use it once per year.

Called my store and they said none of the stores have any 1060s yet, they are online items only right now.

PNY describes lifetime, and I am paraphrasing as I don't intend to look up the actual verbage, as the useful life of the card. As soon as NVidia EOL this card, or another way to put it...
As soon as the GTX 1160 comes out, your PNY lifetime warranty is over.
This isn't an EVGA or old style BFG warranty. Or even XFX has a better "lifetime" warranty.
PNY Lifetime Warranty
Hmmm... I guess better way to put it is when they run out of the card you bought, warranty is over.

Last edited:
PNY describes lifetime, and I am paraphrasing as I don't intend to look up the actual verbage, as the useful life of the card. As soon as NVidia EOL this card, or another way to put it...
As soon as the GTX 1160 comes out, your PNY lifetime warranty is over.
This isn't an EVGA or old style BFG warranty. Or even XFX has a better "lifetime" warranty.
PNY Lifetime Warranty
Hmmm... I guess better way to put it is when they run out of the card you bought, warranty is over.

This is what I got too when I read a few complaints about people and PNY Lifetime Warranty.

Their card no longer in production = no more warranty.

Strange. When my pny 680 gtx died a year or two ago they replaced it with a 970.

If you look at the claims, pny won't replace the 680 with a 680 after eol, but they will replace with a card of similar performance. So just because you have a 680 a lot of people were pissed they weren't getting 980s etc...etc...

So take the complaints with a grain of salt. Pny stands by their products in my experience.

Fyi- best buy covers the mfr warranty on graphics cards. So if you buy it there, lifetime means lifetime.

I had a 460 die on me and took it to best buy with the receipt after 2 years. They gave me a 660 off the shelf.

Strange. When my pny 680 gtx died a year or two ago they replaced it with a 970.

If you look at the claims, pny won't replace the 680 with a 680 after eol, but they will replace with a card of similar performance. So just because you have a 680 a lot of people were pissed they weren't getting 980s etc...etc...

So take the complaints with a grain of salt. Pny stands by their products in my experience.

Had a buddy who owned a GTX 680 from PNY and after it died for whatever reason, they denied him a replacement and said the card was out of production therefore nothing could be done about it. When asked if he could get a GTX 770 for replacement they pretty much said no as well. Bad luck for him?

Folks who are interested in buying a PNY product should take all feedback with a grain of salt, it's different for everyone. I personally don't think people would make a thread on the internet to complain about a company denying them a replacement on a "lifetime warranty" part. Something to think about I guess.

Last edited:
Fyi- best buy covers the mfr warranty on graphics cards. So if you buy it there, lifetime means lifetime.

I had a 460 die on me and took it to best buy with the receipt after 2 years. They gave me a 660 off the shelf.

Does this work with any gpu brand or has to be with PNY only? I tried to rma electronics before, but paying for shipping and missing work to go post office is not worth it to me. If best buy handles rma or warranty, im willing to buy from them if they handle warranty.

PNY Lifetime warranties:

For 1 year + lifetime upon registration:

https://www.pny.com/File Library/Su... Graphics/GeForce-Graphics-Cards-Warranty.pdf

NY Technologies, Inc. ("PNY") expressly warrants the product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year (extended for lifetime of the original purchaser upon completion of a registration form on PNY’s website) from the date of sales receipt as sold to the original purchaser ("purchaser"), subject to all the terms and conditions hereunder.

PNY products at Best Buy have a lifetime warranty. Some of them have the warranty covered by BB. Others, it's PNY. That said some of their prior "lifetime" warranties only applied to the shelf life of the product. So this is certainly a valid question.

Does this work with any gpu brand or has to be with PNY only? I tried to rma electronics before, but paying for shipping and missing work to go post office is not worth it to me. If best buy handles rma or warranty, im willing to buy from them if they handle warranty.
They don't bother with the RMA. It's Best Buy covering it. Some things they do it through the manufacturer, like TVs, Appliances and cameras. But not gpus. YMMV, of course, this being retail.
But I did it twice, once at two different stores in two different states.

I don't believe this thing about warranty is dead when next model comes out. Just seems like everyone making their assumptions. It doesn't say anywhere it ends when the product lifecycle ends. It says extended to the lifetime of original purchaser. So take it for what it is when you have people here saying they got their 680 replaced for 970 that should say something in itself.

Does anyone know how the PNY 1060 compares to the MSI and ASUS?

About the same. Due to the way that Pascal boost works, all of these cards perform near identically. You get more variety from silicon lottery than you do from any brand.

The EVGA SC is the best value, IMO. It has the 2nd highest out of box clocks of any card (only the $330 ASUS ROG Strix is higher), it's $10 over MSRP, and it comes in a smaller, single-fan design.

About the same. Due to the way that Pascal boost works, all of these cards perform near identically. You get more variety from silicon lottery than you do from any brand.

The EVGA SC is the best value, IMO. It has the 2nd highest out of box clocks of any card (only the $330 ASUS ROG Strix is higher), it's $10 over MSRP, and it comes in a smaller, single-fan design.

I concur. I've got mine for $242 with paypal promo. It's amazing it's so small.

One of my 560ti's started producing artifacts and they shrugged off the warranty claim. I went back and forth a few times and just decided to never do business with them again.

One of my 560ti's started producing artifacts and they shrugged off the warranty claim. I went back and forth a few times and just decided to never do business with them again.

Oh okay. But it happens I guess sometimes, don't know what happened but we can all enjoy what works for us lol. Cheers.

Last edited:
Back