PNY GeForce GTX 770 2GB OC $290 after MIR

I like the black and yellow color scheme, but I'd prefer EVGA brand. PNY's 1 year warranty sucks.

I like the black and yellow color scheme, but I'd prefer EVGA brand. PNY's 1 year warranty sucks.
stupid newegg and their shitty descriptions. it has a lifetime warranty if you register the card.

Warranty
1 year (will be extended for the lifetime of the original purchaser upon completion of a registration form on PNY's website)

stupid newegg and their shitty descriptions. it has a lifetime warranty if you register the card.

Warranty
1 year (will be extended for the lifetime of the original purchaser upon completion of a registration form on PNY's website)
Oh, that's much better then. :) Is that kind of like XFX with their lifetime warranty? :confused:

Some say that if a card lasts a year, it'll last forever. I disagree due to personal experience. I had an EVGA video card that died after 4-5 years. It had a lifetime warranty and I eventually got the free upgrade to a 2 generations newer card (6800 GT to 8800 GT). :cool: Hence, I'm a huge fan of lifetime warr.

Warranty

The lifetime only covers the lifetime they manufacture the card.

PNY just got done screwing me with their whole lifetime bs because I forgot to register the card back when I got, because on the box nowhere did it say to do that. I kept the box and all stuff together.

Never again.

PNY just got done screwing me with their whole lifetime bs because I forgot to register the card back when I got, because on the box nowhere did it say to do that. I kept the box and all stuff together.

Never again.
even if they stop making the card they will give you a comparable card. and as much as that sucks, it was technically your fault for not registering the card. all the xlr8 pny cards I have seen most certainly say it has to be registered for lifetime warranty.

even if they stop making the card they will give you a comparable card. and as much as that sucks, it was technically your fault for not registering the card. all the xlr8 pny cards I have seen most certainly say it has to be registered for lifetime warranty.

My XLR8 470 doesn't say it anywhere that I could find.

PNY has said before that if they do not make the card, they will not upgrade you. You may be able to whine and get them to, but their warranty says no, or at-least did in the past. It could have changed since then.

Never again.

lol your mad because you didn't think to register your card...evga is the same way btw

lol your mad because you didn't think to register your card...evga is the same way btw

Mad? Not overly. Disappointed would be the more accurate word.

I am serious when I say nothing I have said register within 30 days. That is what bugs / bugged me about it.

I don't know about EVGA's policy now. But I know that when I had an issue with my 6800 GT, I contacted EVGA. I don't know if I ever registered it. But they took care of it for me and I eventually got the 8800 GT I mentioned in my prior post. :cool:

Back