PNY GeForce GTX 670 Graphic Card

Nvidia101

[H]ard|Gawd
am just wondering if anyone had any experience with PNY? and can tell me if its good because I can get the card brand new for $300 shipped.

Last edited:
I'd recommend getting the one without a stock blower fan, look for a double or triple fan aftermarket version if you're sensitive to fan noise at all.

ah this ones with the stock 1 fan only. not really that sensitive to noise. is it that loud? louder then the old fat xbox 360? does this happen with all stock fan cards?

Last edited:
From what I've read and experienced its not loud but its more of an annoying rattling sound. It happens on 670s that have the smaller PCB. If the 670 you get has the 680 pcb (longer pcb, reference 670 is shorter) then it should be fine. They cheaped out on the 670 cooler for the reference design. It doesn't make it run hot but I found it annoying. I got a killer deal on the accelero mono plus as a replacement and its AWESOME now, runs much cooler and I can't hear it at all even while gaming.

You can tell if its a reference 670 or not by looking at the back of the card if the pcb is short and you see a plastic shroud near the end of the card then it's a reference card. If the pcb stretches the length of the card then it's using a 680 pcb and most likely 680 cooler so it shouldn't have the noise.

Personally i do not like that brand... In the past i bought some cards of that brand and all of every card of that brand comes with any defect.. Bad hdmi/bad vga out/ bad vram modules/ louder/ hotter all had some problems.. Its just like "point of view" brand... Always for a reason had defects..

ah this ones with the stock 1 fan only. not really that sensitive to noise. is it that loud? louder then the old fat xbox 360? does this happen with all stock fan cards?

Which other 670's do they have in stock? And yes the rattle noise the vanilla 670's (reference short pcb's) make is annoying.

yeah its the same.. but at 289$ you can find this:

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Overvolta...UTF8&qid=1368211970&sr=8-2&keywords=gtx+660ti

or this:

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-...UTF8&qid=1368211970&sr=8-5&keywords=gtx+660ti

that are the much better versions of the 660 ti.. and perform even better than reference GTX 670.. and have the long 680 PCB..

in a personal opinion mine 660 ti FTW signature 2 its factory oc'd to 1254mhz on single mode and 1200mhz on SLI both cards.. also perform extremely cold...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
thats still a really bad deal.. i can get a brand new pny 670 for $300 shipped even though its stock.

thats still a really bad deal.. i can get a brand new pny 670 for $300 shipped even though its stock.

The reference 670 really isn't bad on noise... if you aren't particularly sensitive to noise, it won't bother you one bit. :)

try to find those card that I mentioned at microcenter if you have some near... you can find much better prices.. but think in something... a quality manufacturer sell a high clocked 670 with non reference cooler much more silent and better with more support for OC by example this MSI GTX 670 Power Edition OC (1100mhz Core clock.. thats a big boost over the 915mhz reference 670..) for 390$ (http://www.amazon.com/MSI-DisplayPo...e=UTF8&qid=1368223105&sr=8-6&keywords=GTX+670) and you can find cheaper at microcenters.. what could you think for a 300$ reference card that could make you later spend money on return, RMAs, etc.. buy safe bud.. not always buy cheap its better if you aren't buying a quality product that in the future could make some headaches.. don't take me wrong.. its fine a GTX 670 for 300$. awesome prices but in a quality brand..

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back