PNY GeForce 6800 Ultra for $350 at CompUSA!!!

This is BS... The compusa I bought it at says they dont have it... but a few miles away they do...

WTF...?

Sepal said:
no i think it was Texas was first and it spread outward from there in both directions at the same pace. . .

when i was pre-paying for my GT, i was ever so close to ordering the Ultra instead...
whomever gets their Ultra first, post a pic of it. I havent seen a single ultra pic yet.

I tried ordering Ultra but got shot down... A07 they said they can't do it, so I went after GT and glad that I did ;) It's a friggin speed demon, too hot and too sexy...

I prepayed at Schaumberg, IL.

They don't have any.

The guy I talked to had no idea when any would be arriving.

In short, whoever is answering the phone at Schaumberg, IL doesn't know anything about the 6800 Ultra status. What I think he was trying to tell me is that some greater Chicago CompUSA warehouse or central location would at some point get a shipment that would be split amongst the Chicagoland area stores and that when they got one, they would call me. He said they get stuff every day, so who knows.

Which means I know exactly 0 more than before I called them. It sounds like they are getting out, slowly but surely. How nerve-wracking. If I didn't have [H] to check, I'd be downright nutz.

I have continued to call the store that I got mine from here in Seattle (Ordered the Ultra) to no avail. They all look at the same computer screen that tells them that they have 0 on hand, 0 on order and 3 on back order. No idea when anything is coming in there either.

ysaric said:
Yah, but we're looking for a prepay pic :) That's when we know.

Pre-pay.

Educational.

Business order.

none are given special order process they all have to go through a PO.

Emeryville says they now have none in stock... I don't know if the guy looked up the regular 6800 that they have in stock and told me yes about the ultra... or if they sold out...

Concord says 7/22.

If they have any left, call the Mesquite Store at 972-686-8167 and ask to have one shipped to you. This is the store that ships the cards to the other stores. If not, they get them before other stores do. They had 6 left yesterday. I bought one over the phone, had them ship it to me direct, then my local Comp will exchange the unopened box for the TAP deal and my 5950 and I'll pay the difference and refund the rest. I would assume that this may work for any pre-order that they have for you under the discount. just return and re-buy now that they have one in stock. :D

grdh20 said:
If they have any left, call the Mesquite Store at 972-686-8167 and ask to have one shipped to you. This is the store that ships the cards to the other stores. If not, they get them before other stores do. They had 6 left yesterday. I bought one over the phone, had them ship it to me direct, then my local Comp will exchange the unopened box for the TAP deal and my 5950 and I'll pay the difference and refund the rest. I would assume that this may work for any pre-order that they have for you under the discount. just return and re-buy now that they have one in stock. :D

The Mesquite Store is the Internet shipping warehouse.

counting down... they better show up in a few hours...

anybody willing to host pictures for me?

It's very frustrating to hear that stores have them . . . but the store I ordered from doesn't have them.

Bastiches.

they will spread from the shipping port, to the local distribution hub, to the individual distribution down to each store....

they should start a new policy... fedex on every card... from the manufacturer to the end user...

CSx-2011 said:
they will spread from the shipping port, to the local distribution hub, to the individual distribution down to each store....

they should start a new policy... fedex on every card... from the manufacturer to the end user...

You can only pick up the item at where you've previously ordered?

CSx-2011 said:
..they should start a new policy... fedex on every card... from the manufacturer to the end user...

Bah, I'd gladly travel to the assembly line to get my new hot, burning videocard... hot off the press ;)

speaking of burning... some ceramique on the core will help... and the giant air conditioner...

CSx-2011 said:
counting down... they better show up in a few hours...

anybody willing to host pictures for me?

yet again...

yes sir 7/21, maybe the 20th... 7/21 they say... oh yeah.. 7/22 for sure...

i walk into a PcClub in SoCal :cool: and i pick up a A64_2800 (dam not D stepping :mad: )for 185 RETAIL (pricewatch says 173 plus shipping) and i look down at the bottom of the floor, where they keep holds etc... i see a pre-paid eVga 6800 Ultra that sold for 599.99 ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
I point to it and say, " gimmie gimmie! "
they say its a pre-paid special order...
i said, Ya i know more about this then the maker :D

so if that place is able to get them and mark them up a solid 100 bucks, then Comp should be trickling in anytime soon now ...

oh and bigUp shout to Marley, you know who you are. snag'd a x800pe as soon as it was seen... Ziggy we love ya :)

The strange thing is that on PCClub's website for that $599 eVGA Ultra list the core and ram speeds at the extreme edition, something like 450/700. But is it really just a regular Ultra that's overpriced? They also seem to get in the GT, but they charge $450, while at the same time it's instock at evga.com for $399 (last I checked).

I might stop by the store in modesto tomorrow just to see what they have.

shockwave85 said:
Only suckers pay more than retail.
I don't know. CompUSA's screw up aside - would you have been willing to pay a premium of 20% on a product to have it 2 months ahead of everyone else? Now obviously we had no idea that it would take forever to get these cards out. I was at PC Club 3 days after the paper launch asking them when they would get some more in as they were showing up in their internal system at the time - which is how that employee bought one. That baing said - I might have paid that outrageous amount to get one back then.

PC Club has had those prices for 2-3 months now and they had some of the absolute first Ultras available on the market (that I had heard about). On nvnews (or some similar site) there was an employee that bought his a long time ago and posted pictures on the web.

Also - if you could have purchased it back then you could have sold it for a tub of money on ebay ;)

God damn...

It doesn't matter if it takes a month to get here...

I just want a definite arrival date!

Damn you CompUSSR! :(

seriously... they dont know shit if you can even get them to pick up the phone...

for 350 though.. i can wait...

You've had better luck with tech area employees? I guess that makes sense, it's more likely that one of them is up to date on hardware, but can they find out more than anyone else in the store?

sup stranger :p

ya - one needs to keep their pimp hand strong :D

cusa- "compusa, how can i be of better service to you today? "
cust- "hi i need to check on a pre-pay'd special order, can you check to see if it came in?"
cusa-"oh you dont have anything in for repair, i need to transfer you to the person who can help you.hold on sir while i see if i can find them"
cust- "knock yourself out"
*jeopardy music*
cusa-"hello this is xxxxxx, you say you pre-paid for something? Yes. Ok do you have an idem number or a sales receipt number ?"
cust-"sure its blah blah and then a little more blah for good measure"
cusa-" ... ok its here, bring your copy receipt or we cannot release it. "
cust-" ok " *leaves work early to p/u *

I know how it feels to wait for this item, i got mine three weeks ago. What i can say to ease your angst, is that it will arrive ... not sooner or later but that it will arrive period.
I never thought it would be validated/sold by Comp without some sort of weasel-way-out clause that would prevent sale. But it did and i have the card, so you guys will get yours too and thats all that matters to me. God speed to all you heads.

fed Ex just delivered my 6800U PNY form the Mesquite store call in order today. I'm going straight to the local Comp and do the TAP thing with my 5950 and the 6800U.

I think the fucks at my compusa pulled a fast one... they put it on some special order code so they wouldnt lose profit margin numbers for the day...

I don't even think it got ordered....

I'm pretty sure that's what happened to me too. The sheet they actually used is a price quote sheet but they took my driver's license and credit card info to charge the card when it arrives. There is an order # on it, but no one seems to know what that means as they always try to look up by the product code.

So what it looks like to me is that if and when they get one, they'll charge the card and call me, but if they didn't actually order one and CompUSA isn't currently planning to sell them in retail channels, it may actually never come.

I actually wrote to CompUSA through their web site this weekend, but whatever response I get will likely not be useful if I get one at all. I'm thinking about calling the CompUSA I prepaid the card through and raising some hell at this point, because it's not looking good.

I am sure it will show up... it just depends on where you live.. and when they acctually ordered it for you...

Some in Mesquite Texas... that is a good sign...

I just called mine and was met with some strange news. When I ordered mine there was one on backorder (an employee) and then mine. I called them a few days later and was told that the number was at 4. Now I called them and the number is back at 1???

Maybe some came in and they are now gone to other people that paid full price?
Maybe some people asked for a refund?
I know that I still do not have my card???

Any ideas?

WOW!!!!

Damn!!!!!

I am on the phone with them right now and they are telling me that it is not ever going to come in and they will give me a refund!!!

Any ideas?

=====================================

Just got off the phone and he told me that I did not HAVE to come in to get a refund but that I should. He told me that he will keep an eye out for it and let me know when they come in.

Blackwind - any idea as to the next shipment date?

Back