PNY GeForce 6800 Ultra for $350 at CompUSA!!!

I just sent an email to everystore in my area. Prays for a nice manager and hopes for the best.

Has anyone saved their e-mail/letter? Post it up here if you do. Might give other peps here some ammo they didn't think about.

Jerry1978 said:
i think COMPUSA has listed the cards as out of stock and they're going to do that until after 7/3 so that you can't use the 30%. good luck guys... i'm gonna try elsewhere.

I went ahead and ordered a GT from Frys/Outpost yesterday, wasn't going to spend half the day running around to comp usa's all over the place tryin to get that deal, it would have been nice but not worth the hassle.

My card should be here today :D

my compusa's didnt even bother to put in an order for either the GT or the Ultra and they are sold out on the website...

YES, IM FUCKED AGAIN!

Does anyone know CompUSA's polivy of shipping the item?

In my case, the closest stores are about an hour away.

Also, I'll be trying this on saturday when I go to NJ (about 1 and 1/2 hours away).

If they get it in stock, can they ship it to me?

Success, Marlton NJ CompUSA. Just walked in, asked the customer service rep, and paid. I'd scan the receipt, but it doesn't say the product name, only my "special order number." $280 + $16.80 NJ tax. Oh, and it has no bundled games :-(.

Shipping policy = you go to the store and pick it up. lol.

Man, some of you guys are just assholes. Bitching at some manager because he won't sell you a card he doesn't even know when is going to come in just because some other store halfway across the country would is plain rude. I called a couple different places up. They said they can't sell it until they know its coming in. This is perfectly reasonable. To get all up in arms about it is ridiculous. Especially since this is most likely an exploit of an unpredicted situation since they didn't think the cards would be on shelves this week.

I am going to call before the end of this week to see if they know cards are coming and will presell one. If they do, great. If they won't, oh well.

obs said:
Man, some of you guys are just assholes. Bitching at some manager because he won't sell you a card he doesn't even know when is going to come in just because some other store halfway across the country would is plain rude. I called a couple different places up. They said they can't sell it until they know its coming in. This is perfectly reasonable. To get all up in arms about it is ridiculous. Especially since this is most likely an exploit of an unpredicted situation since they didn't think the cards would be on shelves this week.

I am going to call before the end of this week to see if they know cards are coming and will presell one. If they do, great. If they won't, oh well.

I agree. This is a great deal and I'm temped to cancel my BB order and wait to see if this deal will work for me. Does CompUSA even carry the 6800 GT? That's what I have on order at BB.

[BB] Rick James said:
I agree. This is a great deal and I'm temped to cancel my BB order and wait to see if this deal will work for me. Does CompUSA even carry the 6800 GT? That's what I have on order at BB.
They carry the PNY 6800 GT, yes.

Scott

To get all up in arms about it is ridiculous. Especially since this is most likely an exploit of an unpredicted situation since they didn't think the cards would be on shelves this week.
i completely disagree, not solely just to disagree but because when a company takes a risk in advertising ... in an attempt to lure customers into the store , should gawd am well have thier sheet in order. CompUsa is either straight up losing money on this deal in hopes people buy other goods ... or they have a subsidizing deal with Comp in order to cover part of the discounts etc. Everything you claim to have a problem with is a direct result of CompUsa's corporate policy. I dont wanna hear what you have to think, you obviously work in a retail environment and are uber sympathetic to "managers" ...
put a cork in it.

obs said:

I agree to a point. Behaving like an ass warrants a manager refusing to sell you something. :D Courtesy is a two way street,

Partial success -> location undisclosed (Still gotta talk to a manager, but they said that pre-buying would be fine). Magager said he'd try to do the deal, but I gotta wait to talk in person. Will report back this afternoon.

So, what exactly is the status of the July 1st 6800 Ultra? Is it still going to be in the store on the 1st and we are just having trouble prepaying, or is it really not going to show up for another few weeks like the warehouse manager seemed to think? On the phone Saturday, they said they would for sure have them on the 1st. On the phone today at lunch they had no idea when stores would get them because the computer had it listed as SOLD OUT.

Sepal said:
i completely disagree, not solely just to disagree but because when a company takes a risk in advertising ... in an attempt to lure customers into the store , should gawd am well have thier sheet in order. CompUsa is either straight up losing money on this deal in hopes people buy other goods ... or they have a subsidizing deal with Comp in order to cover part of the discounts etc. Everything you claim to have a problem with is a direct result of CompUsa's corporate policy. I dont wanna hear what you have to think, you obviously work in a retail environment and are uber sympathetic to "managers" ...
put a cork in it.
If you READ the corporate policy you will see that this is ONLY applicable to items IN STOCK. They don't even technically have to presell items that are coming in. Also, no where in their ad do they advertise the Geforce 6800 series. Sorry, but if you wanna go by the book, you will lose.

Some CompUSA managers have been trying to do people a favor by preselling cards that are coming in. To bitch and whine, calling out "class action!" because a company won't sell you a product they don't even know when/if they are getting is being an asshole. Especially when they aren't obligated to do so. Do you seriously believe that thousands of managers need to be responsible for what every other one says? Get real.

As far as being sympathetic. I worked at best buy over 6 years ago for less than 2 years. Not even close to management level either. When you don't get something you aren't supposed to get in the first place you aren't being screwed.

^^^^

1) Most of us are asking politely.

2a) This card will definately be coming in. Otherwise, it would not have been listed on their website as "Coming Soon" (on Sunday) or "Sold Out" (now).

2b) Most of us are willing to pre-pay. Even if the card does not come in for some reason, CompUSA can give us a refund on our pre-purchase.

4) In most of these cases, the probelm arises when you want to use the current %30 off sale.

Try ordering without mentioning the sale. When I did, they said they could give it to me for $373 since it wasn't in stock yet, and that they would ship it to me in 1-2 weeks, whenever it gets in.

When I mentioned the sale, they sated that they don't even have an ETA, and that they may not even be welling the item and that they won't let me pruchase it at any price.

I think they figured out the size of this deal on the east coast and sent word to the west coast sometime before or after they closed on Sunday.

The wording is " 30% OFF ALL PNY Graphics cards (after savings)

Now they are trying to get out of the advertisement by making it hard to order/ misinforming the consumer.

I went to the store and it showed they only made ~$20 on a 6800 Ultra at regular price ($499). If this is true they would be losing $130 per card.

Here is the deal. I went to the local CompUSA and spoke with the Manager and he said the sale is for cards that are currently on the floor. Pre-orders that are not in stock won't work. I explained that others were getting hte deal with their pre-orders and he said they were not supposed to be doing that; nor did he know how they were doing that since you can't even pre-order the card right now.

I just ordered a BFG 6800 GT OC from http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage.php3?sid=565sz87jm0748kh&id=1002558&track=searchViewed. The rep on the phone said they just got a shipment in today. I got mine for $385.00. I should have it tomorrow.

CSx-2011 said:
I think they figured out the size of this deal on the east coast and sent word to the west coast sometime before or after they closed on Sunday.

The wording is " 30% OFF ALL PNY Graphics cards (after savings)

Now they are trying to get out of the advertisement by making it hard to order/ misinforming the consumer.
You do get 30% of all PNY cards in the store. Read the fine print.

well i went to unnamed store, and i was nice and all because i just am nice, but they said they couldn't honor the offer because the card must be available. if the cards do become available before the offer is unvalid then it works, other then that i won't get it. i don't have the money for this anyway, probably better off. at least i tried.

Do not try to "Pre order"

Do not "TRY to Pre Pay"

DO "Pre Pay"

Just got back from CompUSA... Ultra for $378.86 after tax

If you want a GT, go Pre Pay for a GT and get it for 280... Pre Pay $350 for an ultra.

Go in, talk to a customer service sales manager (The business sales rep is even better)... If they say it cant be done, go to the next person up the ladder, and so on.

Be polite and and to the point. "I want to pre pay for a 6800 XXXX card. Then point out that the Ad says "30% off ALL pny video cards"

Enjoy the sub cost sale price.

Qwertyman said:
well i went to unnamed store, and i was nice and all because i just am nice, but they said they couldn't honor the offer because the card must be available. if the cards do become available before the offer is unvalid then it works, other then that i won't get it. i don't have the money for this anyway, probably better off. at least i tried.

Try again... the wording says all... you will win.

obs said:
You do get 30% of all PNY cards in the store. Read the fine print.

There is no fine print. All it says is after savings, which could indicate an instant savings or a mail-in rebate (in this case, it's an instant savings).

Nowhere on the Ad does it say "Not Avaiable on Pre-orders".

Just got mine!!!

I called every CompUSA in the Seattle area and the only one that said that they would do it was the Tukwilla location. 380.79 and I am second in line.

They explained the key (from their point of view) was their business sales desk. They would do a pre-payment for the item there, but that the stores that are around here that do not have a business sales desk were the ones shooting me down.

Hope this helps.

There will be a flurry of benchies in a week or two... with a sweet deals to sweeten em up even more.

Anybody have an idea what this thing should bench in 3dmark01 on a 2.4GHz Athlon XP?

I get around 19000 with my 9800xt.

but you just said "Also, no where in their ad do they advertise the Geforce 6800 series"...
doesnt that fall under the PNY claim ? geesh

My CompUSA on 5th Ave. and 37th St. (Manhattan #551) doesn't allow reserves/prepays in the store. A manager told me that when they get some in stock, I can reserve it online and pick it up at the store. If they get the card this week, I'll still be able to use the 30% off deal. I just have to wait and see.

Ok Dallasites..... :D

I got 4 cards....and they disappeared on me....hehe. Gave two 6800u to my little brothers. They put up one hell of an argument why THEY would see far better use out of them then I. I Gave one 6800GT to my best friend in Austin. He is here on vacation for the 4th of July weekend. So that left me with one 6800GT.

What about my other machine? Hmmm what to do what to do.....I didn't want to make my op manager friend jump through hoops again to get me another. He was a champ for getting me the 4. Soooo I went to the CUSA in Plano and acted like a complete unsavvy buyer.....and walked out with a prepay 6800GT receipt. :D

I'm telling yuh....the key is

BE NICE. BE INSISTANT. BE A GOOD CUSTOMER.

Jawadali said:
^^^^

2a) This card will definately be coming in. Otherwise, it would not have been listed on their website as "Coming Soon" (on Sunday) or "Sold Out" (now).

yeah right, keep on believing that cuz they've been saying the same thing about the X800 Pros for OVER a month now and they still havent gotten jack-sh*t in their stores.

I know this because I've been checking their site just about every day and I've been calling like every other day and they still have no idea when they're coming in.

I called my local CompUSA, well I say local, but I was actually connected to India. This is were I questioned them about the card, they said it was sold out, so they couldn't tell me if my local CompUSA would get it. I kindly explained, really it was kind(I even chuckled), that the card could not have been sold out, if they were never selling it. Well they hung up on me, twice. Finally I found another way to check, by calling and going through the 'check the status of the rebate' then 'speak to a local representitive'. What I found out from here was that, it would be an online only thing, because there was such a high demand for the card. I really thought this sounded like BS, but it gave me the answer I needed, they will not get the 6800u in the store. She even said, if I wanted I could pre-pay, but she said it could just tie my money up for weeks until they can actually order the card. So I then asked about the GT, and what she said, she couldn't even find an order for them from the place that ships out to all the CompUSAs. So they have no idea if they will even have them. Who knows how much of this was real, but she was at least nice to me on the phone, and I have the option to prepay, but I think I will just wait on my X800 pro from Outpost.com. GL to everyone getting their cards.

ozziegn said:
yeah right, keep on believing that cuz they've been saying the same thing about the X800 Pros for OVER a month now and they still havent gotten jack-sh*t in their stores.

I know this because I've been checking their site just about every day and I've been calling like every other day and they still have no idea when they're coming in.

This isn't an X800 pro. I was specifiacally talking about the PNY cards. Even if it takes a month, they will definately come in. All major PC retailers carry PNY products AFAIK.

It is compusa, they will come through with the cards... We may have to wait a couple weeks (hopefully less, possible much more)

Jawadali said:
This isn't an X800 pro. I was specifiacally talking about the PNY cards. Even if it takes a month, they will definately come in. All major PC retailers carry PNY products AFAIK.

I know what you were talking about.

I was just using the x800 Pro as an example. what Comp USA says and what they do are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT things.

Circuit City's price match plan states that the product MUST be in stock at the compeitiors location, you can talk to the CEO and hell say the same ;)

Well I dunno about you guys, but I am gonna be at CompUSA when they open the doors on July 1st. I talked to two CompUSA associates in the Pricing and Availability department and they told me that there will be PNY 6800 Ultras at two of the locations closest to me and that they will honor the 30% off. They both told me exactly the same thing. I really want to tell you guys where they will be, but I am worried that they will run out of stock of them. I will update you guys when I get back home Thursday afternoon. I will tell you all where I got it as well as take pictures of the card and scan photos of the receipt.

Back