PNY GeForce 6800 Ultra for $350 at CompUSA!!!

Bobby.. this is in New Mexico, ABQ... I am just going to come in and pick one up when they are in stock.Unfortunatly, i cant really say what your store will be willing to do; the best way to find out is to call..sorry.

Blackwind said:

Oh i remember those threads very well. What i said is i want you to show me exactly where you actually proved me wrong. That means you would have to of said something that you could actually prove and not an opinion. Something that for you is far and in between.

I MORE then backed up my point of view with links. Where are yours?

And WTF is up with this link?

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1026229722#post1026229722

I only posted a couple of times in that thread and i wasn't trying to argue anything lol.

I would love to order an ultra thats 30% off $499 like that but i really dont like PNY cards. Maybe some other site will feature a nice deal on an Gigabyte, XFX, eVGA, or something of that nature before i drop the hat and order a 6800GT this week.

If your talking 6800 Ultra or GT, there all reference cards, with the vendors sticker on it. A PNY, is a BFG, is a ...well you get the rest. Whats not to like?

burningrave101 said:
Oh i remember those threads very well. What i said is i want you to show me exactly where you actually proved me wrong. That means you would have to of said something that you could actually prove and not an opinion. Something that for you is far and in between.

I MORE then backed up my point of view with links. Where are yours?

Riiiight.

Back to the topic. Just got off the phone with an Op manager friend for CompUSA and he said everything was looking good as far as supply this PNY deal.

scott122 said:
If your talking 6800 Ultra or GT, there all reference cards, with the vendors sticker on it. A PNY, is a BFG, is a ...well you get the rest. Whats not to like?

A reference board is just designed off the same model but they are still manufactured by the individual board makers. A PNY card has an nVidia chip on it and its a reference design board but its manufactured by PNY.

Does anyone know what is going to be bundled with the PNY cards? I did some searching, and all I can find is that "while supplies last," the card will come with a drink cooler. Um... yay?

BTW, http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=501 says that the PNY 6800gt is coming with Far Cry. Hopefully the Ultra will, too? Bah. Now I'm just getting greedy.

Hmm... GT for $280 with Far Cry... that's helluva nice, too.

burningrave101 said:
A reference board is just designed off the same model but they are still manufactured by the individual board makers. A PNY card has an nVidia chip on it and its a reference design board but its manufactured by PNY.

Noo.. BFG, Gainward, XFX, PNY, etc.. all get thier cards from the same maker, that is why they are referance.. there is no point in you hating a brand, since they are all the same cards..

Divine_Madcat said:
Noo.. BFG, Gainward, XFX, PNY, etc.. all get thier cards from the same maker, that is why they are referance.. there is no point in you hating a brand, since they are all the same cards..

And who might that maker be?

Most all of the ATI cards are reference design and yet the cards perform slightly different between each other because of having different board manufacturers.

Reference design just means that XFX, Gigabyte, PNY, BFG, and so on, model the PCB and cooler to nVidia's reference design board. The board makers are still producing the PCB's themselves. If all the boards came from the same place, and we all know their using the same cores, then if you benchmarked three different brand 6800 ultra's they should all perform exactly the same and thats not the case.

According to sherkelman in this thread, NVidia is producing the first allotment of 6800s. I guess the guy is a rep for BFG so he should know what he's talking about.

I'd still rather have the BFG for the warranty, but if I can get the PNY for $350 then I'll take it.

Anyone know when CUSA is going to have the GT in stock? I would much rather get one at $250 then an Ultra at $350 for my secondary PC.

Scott

BobbyD said:
According to sherkelman in this thread, NVidia is producing the first allotment of 6800s. I guess the guy is a rep for BFG so he should know what he's talking about.

I'd still rather have the BFG for the warranty, but if I can get the PNY for $350 then I'll take it.

Well how many is the first allotment? And is this just on the ultra's or does this include the non ultras and GT's?

bobsaget said:
ahhh man, it is 499.99 now...
? It shows up as $499.99. When you buy it in-store, just give them a copy of the ad and they will ring it up at $350.

Scott

sonyman said:
? It shows up as $499.99. When you buy it in-store, just give them a copy of the ad and they will ring it up at $350.

Scott

really, how the hell does that work?

bobsaget said:
really, how the hell does that work?
1. You take the ad that came with your Sunday paper/get the ad from the store/print a copy off the web to the store.

2. Speak to a customer service rep. and ask for them to hold a 6800 Ultra for you, and say that you would like to pay now. Show them the ad.

3. Reach into pocket and remove wallet. Take out credit card.

4. Sign receipt.

5. Leave the store knowing you just got one heck of a deal.

Scott

sonyman said:
1. You take the ad that came with your Sunday paper/get the ad from the store/print a copy off the web to the store.

2. Speak to a customer service rep. and ask for them to hold a 6800 Ultra for you, and say that you would like to pay now. Show them the ad.

4. Sign receipt.

Scott

lol :p

that works if your compusa is getting them, mine decided they were not going to use the internet warehouse or get any Gt or Ultras in, because they suck!

oh lol thanks...

I am still confused on why it would say 499.99 on that link but on ly 350 in the sunday ad. :confused:

nova[11] said:
that works if your compusa is getting them, mine decided they were not going to use the internet warehouse or get any Gt or Ultras in, because they suck!
Hopefully mine will, as I plan on going in early tomorrow to get one for my secondary pc.

Scott

bobsaget said:
oh lol thanks...

I am still confused on why it would say 499.99 on that link but on ly 350 in the sunday ad. :confused:
Because it's in-store only! Take a de-confuse pill!

Scott

What do you guys think about the GT for $280?

I think that's a real deal, considering you *may* be able to overclock it to Ultra speeds, and it only requires a one-slot quiet cooling solution (I don't mind bigger cooling, though. I use no PCI slots :)).

I'm going to try for the GT tomorrow.

Hey, the $70 difference from the ultra can go towards some more hardware.

BTW, didn't they charge you tax?

Jawadali said:
What do you guys think about the GT for $280?

I think that's a real deal, considering you *may* be able to overclock it to Ultra speeds, and it only requires a one-slot quiet cooling solution (I don't mind bigger cooling, though. I use no PCI slots :)).

I'm going to try for the GT tomorrow.

Hey, the $70 difference from the ultra can go towards some more hardware.

BTW, didn't they charge you tax?
If I can get the GT instead of the Ultra, I will. I just don't know if they will do it, if their arrival date on the GT is outside the sale.

Scott

Good Idea.

I'll probably try to reserve/pre-order/buy at least one. Hey, we can always return it, right?

Does anyone know if they ship for free?

the only reson I can go tomorrow is because I'm going to philly. The nearest CompUSA to my house is like 50 minutes away.

Jawadali said:
the only reson I can go tomorrow is because I'm going to philly. The nearest CompUSA to my house is like 50 minutes away.

Same here. Its like 1.5 hours away to the local Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, OfficeMax, OfficeDepot stores. I have to get all my specials online.

sonyman said:

4. Sign receipt.

Scott

Exactly what i did... :cool:

gawd.. im going there this morning...

ill report back and let you know how it went.

Bastards! My CUSA wouldn't do it as they don't have the card in stock nor do they have an ETA. I guess I will go there early 7/1 and buy one. It is supposed to be in-store on 7/1, right?

Scott

Jason711 said:
gawd.. im going there this morning...

ill report back and let you know how it went.

fucking assholes are making wait till the 1st. that is total bullshit how you can preorder one video card and not another. i even spoke with a guy on the 800# and he didnt know why they did that either! ... WTF!

how are some of you guys able to pull this shit off?

CompUSA doesn't have standards across all stores.....a lot of decisions like that are made by the individual store manager, op manager etc.They may also have gotten direction to try their best not to include these in the sale. I'll double check with my buddy.....All I know is he is going to hold 4 for me...... :D

Back