PNY GeForce 6800 Ultra for $350 at CompUSA!!!

Here is a link to the PNY 6800 Ultra on the site. CompUSA is having a 30% off of their PNY cards from 6/27-7/3. This card is scheduled to come in on the 1st. Unfortunately it looks like this may be in store only. I have heard that you can call the store and have them hold it for you.

If this is true, and i wanted one, I would be there before the store opened and followed the store manager around all day until i had one in my sweaty and anticiapated hands!!

already posted in the hot deals section, and word is from a different forum that it aint gunna happen

I work at circuitcity, and i was looking at the price of the video cards, and most are down to cost anyways, meaning we make no money when we sell them, it is very hard to stay competitve with online retailers such as the egg :(

DermicSavage said:
already posted in the hot deals section, and word is from a different forum that it aint gunna happen
Especially since at this point the 6800 is as likely to show up on the market as the Phantom. ;)

I say to just wait another 3-6 mounths for the new versions of the graphics card come out and then wait for a nice fat price drop :) My Radeon9700 Pro still runs great, and there isnt many games that push the cards power. I mean my card runs ut2k4 without a problem and im using a radeon 9700 pro. I don't see any point in putting out the 500 bucks just for a card I won't truely benifit from for another 6 mounths for a game that pushes it's performance to the max. Other then just saying I GOT A GEFORCE 6800 WOOOOOO!!! hey it would give me something to brag about :D but i dont see any real need to upgrade just yet

j0k3r said:
Especially since at this point the 6800 is as likely to show up on the market as the Phantom. ;)

The 6800's are already on the market. The 6800nu are more plentiful then the X800Pro's and X800XT PE's put togethor i bet. And there are quite a few people running around here with PNY 6800 ultra's installed on their machines :).

There should be some major 6800 shipments this week. The 6800GT ships this week and the 6800 ultras are suppost to ship this week on the sites that have them on back order.

what do you mean $350? I went to the link and it says 499..

edit: nevermind, didn't see the 30% discount part

When I worked at CompUSA, there was NO HOLDING PRODUCT, especially sale items... It was first come first serve only, and usually the good deals were gone within the first 15mins we were open.
People line up outside the Indianapolis store an hour before open just to get the bargains.

yeah im debating whether or not to show up sunday morning now when they open but i might have too and if i get it get home quickly and cancel my x800 pro order heh

nova[11] said:
yeah im debating whether or not to show up sunday morning now when they open but i might have too and if i get it get home quickly and cancel my x800 pro order heh
I am just going to keep my Best Buy BFG 6800 Ultra preorder.

Scott

HEY PEEPS I work at compusa,

if it says we will be getting them on thursday or wutever, then we probably will. I put the ad signs up this night for the PNY, it looks like it supports ALL PNY VIDEO CARDS, even the 6800, soo dont worry.

ps. i wouldnt be surprised if they came in late casue of the add, lol. cross your fingers

advanced101101 said:
I work at circuitcity, and i was looking at the price of the video cards, and most are down to cost anyways, meaning we make no money when we sell them, it is very hard to stay competitve with online retailers such as the egg :(

You work at Circuit City too huh? Ya they've been slashing the prices of the 9800s like mad, they're down to 220 now from 300.

I don't know what you all are talking about......I GOT IT!!!!!!! I was the first one there an hour before the store opened, and it wasn't in stock, but they appplied it anyways! They say the ship date is 7/1 and it will arrive 7/3. I finally get a good deal. 350 bucks for an ultra is great! I was thinking about buying more than one to sell off, but decided against it.

WOOOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!

LeadMetal1402 said:
I don't know what you all are talking about......I GOT IT!!!!!!! I was the first one there an hour before the store opened, and it wasn't in stock, but they appplied it anyways! They say the ship date is 7/1 and it will arrive 7/3. I finally get a good deal. 350 bucks for an ultra is great! I was thinking about buying more than one to sell off, but decided against it.

WOOOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!

i hate you.

Just wanted to share with people, i also managed to get this deal.. just be persistant, and your chances are good. :)

Proof.jpg

LazerWire said:
When I worked at CompUSA, there was NO HOLDING PRODUCT, especially sale items... It was first come first serve only, and usually the good deals were gone within the first 15mins we were open.
People line up outside the Indianapolis store an hour before open just to get the bargains.

When I worked at Comp USA we did it all the time. The only thing was you had to come and get it that day. So none of this hold it until next Thursday garbage.

my compusa was oking it but then said no because they dont have access to the internet warehouse and do not know when they would get the cards...bastards

burningrave101 said:
The 6800's are already on the market. The 6800nu are more plentiful then the X800Pro's and X800XT PE's put togethor i bet. And there are quite a few people running around here with PNY 6800 ultra's installed on their machines :).

There should be some major 6800 shipments this week. The 6800GT ships this week and the 6800 ultras are suppost to ship this week on the sites that have them on back order.

burningrave101 this clearly proves you are clueless. The 6800 is no where near as plentiful as the ATI x800's out there.

Back to the point at hand...

Thats an awesome deal ! Gonna get one tomorrow :D

Blackwind said:
burningrave101 this clearly proves you are clueless. The 6800 is no where near as plentiful as the ATI x800's out there.

Oh is that right?

Do you have any way of proving that or are you just spouting off more of your BS?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-122-193&depa=0

Yup thats the Leadtek 6800nu IN STOCK at Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=property&DEPA=0

Yup thats 6 X800Pro's at Newegg with only ONE in stock and no X800XT PE's.

Newegg has had several 6800u in stock. And there have been quite a few sites with the 6800nu in stock all week.

I said the 6800nu's were probably more plentiful right now as easier to get ahold of then the X800Pro's and X800XT PE's because since their release a few days ago they have been in stock on several sites.

If you weren't such a hardcore ATI fanboy you wouldn't of seen the point in challenging such a meaningless comment. You can go back to your trolling now.

BG give it a rest bro. The X800Pros really ARE more plentiful than anything else out there. You can provide links all you want...I can simply walk to my local BB and get one [they had a few left 2 days ago]. Now the XTPE...that's vaporware. ;)

And if you call me an ATI fanboy you really will be clueless. :D

PS. If you want X800Pros, go check ebay, there's a crapload of them there. I was looking to get one myself if I could get it for around $250; well actually I was looking for a GT but there are none up on ebay so I figured I'd get the Pro for cheap and sell for higher and get a GT for my second comp when they hit ebay. As for my computer, BFG 6800U OC baby.

All i said was that the 6800nu's were MOST LIKELY more plentiful then the X800's because they have been in stock on a whole lot of sites since their release. I didn't mean there were more 6800nu's out there then the X800Pro's and X800XT PE's put togethor because the 6800nu just started hitting the shelves. I just meant it was probably easier to get ahold of then ither one of the X800's. The X800Pro's really havn't been. They've been out of stock the majority of the time on most sites. And the BFG 6800GT is IN STOCK on several sites today for order.

Vagrant Zero said:
BG give it a rest bro. The X800Pros really ARE more plentiful than anything else out there. You can provide links all you want...I can simply walk to my local BB and get one [they had a few left 2 days ago]. Now the XTPE...that's vaporware. ;)

And if you call me an ATI fanboy you really will be clueless. :D

PS. If you want X800Pros, go check ebay, there's a crapload of them there. I was looking to get one myself if I could get it for around $250; well actually I was looking for a GT but there are none up on ebay so I figured I'd get the Pro for cheap and sell for higher and get a GT for my second comp when they hit ebay. As for my computer, BFG 6800U OC baby.

I love it. He calls me a fanboy and I:

A) Own both ATI and nVidia
B) Just stated within this thread I was buying a 6800 Ultra on this deal.

What a tard.

burningrave101 said:
All i said was that the 6800nu's were MOST LIKELY more plentiful then the X800's because they have been in stock on a whole lot of sites since their release. I didn't mean there were more 6800nu's out there then the X800Pro's and X800XT PE's put togethor because the 6800nu just started hitting the shelves. I just meant it was probably easier to get ahold of then ither one of the X800's. The X800Pro's really havn't been. They've been out of stock the majority of the time on most sites. And the BFG 6800GT is IN STOCK on several sites today for order.

The x800 has been available for WEEKS. (about to be months) Why does Newegg not have a lot of them right now? because they sold out you big goof! Newegg just this past week added the Leadtek. Prior to that? they only had two 6800 offerings....both Chieftech. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to to see you are a lost cause and nvidiot.

Actually there is only 23 X800 pro's on Ebay right now, that is far from a 'crapload'. Also they are going for about retail, not '$250'. Plus you need to consider that the X800's have been out for about a month now, and the 6800's are only a few weeks out on the market.

Blackwind said:
I love it. He calls me a fanboy and I:

A) Own both ATI and nVidia
B) Just stated within this thread I was buying a 6800 Ultra on this deal.

What a tard.

Big deal. I've owned both ATI and nVidia cards also and i've built more then a handful of gaming rigs to sell using both ATI and nVidia video cards. I even thought about buying an X800XT PE two weeks ago until i started reading more info on the 6800u. Just because you have nVidia cards doesn't dismiss your arrogant and bias comments in this thread and the others you have partake in over the last few days. Maybe you should look up the definition of fanboy. It has nothing to do with what you own.

The x800 has been available for WEEKS. (about to be months) Why does Newegg not have a lot of them right now? because they sold out you big goof! Newegg just this past week added the Leadtek. Prior to that? they only had two 6800 offerings....both Chieftech. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to to see you are a lost cause and nvidiot.

I dont think i ever talked about which was available the longest. Or how many had been produced altogethor. I was talking about IN STOCK RIGHT NOW. And RIGHT NOW a 6800nu is probably as easy or easier to get ahold of then an X800. Or at least it was the other day when they released. And thats the only thing i was referring to in that post.

And Newegg had an XFX 6800 ultra also.

It doesn't take a scientist to see you dont know what your talking about and just wanting to argue ither. You BIG GOOF lmao... :rolleyes:

burningrave101 said:
Big deal. I've owned both ATI and nVidia cards also and i've built more then a handful of gaming rigs to sell using both ATI and nVidia video cards. I even thought about buying an X800XT PE two weeks ago until i started reading more info on the 6800u. Just because you have nVidia cards doesn't dismiss your arrogant and bias comments in this thread and the others you have partake in over the last few days. Maybe you should look up the definition of fanboy. It has nothing to do with what you own.

There has been nothing "arrogant and biased" about them. You sir...simply can't admit you don't have a clue.....

Blackwind said:
There has been nothing "arrogant and biased" about them. You sir...simply can't admit you don't have a clue.....

A clue about what? The fact that your flaimbait and dont know what your talking about?

I have tried to keep the conversations i partake in on a mature enough level that i'm just talking about tech and argueing my opinion. You Sir, have done nothing but make personal comments about me just because you dont like what i have to say and you have yet to prove anything i've said wrong.

I'm just going to drop it though because i dont see the need to argue any further with someone of your maturity level.

burningrave101 said:
A clue about what? The fact that your flaimbait and dont know what your talking about?

I have tried to keep the conversations i partake in on a mature enough level that i'm just talking about tech and argueing my opinion. You Sir, have done nothing but make personal comments about me just because you dont like what i have to say and you have yet to prove anything i've said wrong.

LOL.

You have proven wrong I dont know HOW many times this week alone! To include this very thread!

Blackwind said:
LOL.

You have proven wrong I dont know HOW many times this week alone! To include this very thread!

If thats true you should have no problem putting up a link showing where you've PROVEN anything i've said wrong.

burningrave101 said:
If thats true you should have no problem putting up a link showing where you've PROVEN anything i've said wrong.

Oh please....do your own leg work mental midget.

Blackwind said:
Oh please....do your own leg work mental midget.

Yea thats what i thought :D.

Keep up the personal attacks though. I'm sure the moderators will find it all to be a good read.

Wow, this thread got off topic.

Divine_Madcat, what city was the Compusa that you got that order? Are they going to ship it to you or do you have to pick it up in store? The closest Compusa to me is about 70 miles. I'm wondering if I could call and preorder it and have them ship it to me. I already tried the 1800-COMPUSA number but they said they couldn't preorder because they didn't have the item in their computer.

The_Dominion said:
Actually there is only 23 X800 pro's on Ebay right now, that is far from a 'crapload'. Also they are going for about retail, not '$250'.

I said I WANTED to get one for about $250, I never said they actually were going for that price. And 23 IS a crapload, especially considering Ebay only lists for the week. They've been on ebay for about a month now.

Plus you need to consider that the X800's have been out for about a month now, and the 6800's are only a few weeks out on the market.

Case in point.

Back