PNY GeForce 6800 Ultra for $350 at CompUSA!!!

CSx-2011 said:
(You want to talk to the Business Sales Manager or Representative... (The black shirts have some powers)

Didn't want to say anything.....but since you did.....hehe people in the Black shirts are who you want to talk to........

Sniper_Merc said:
For me, I know I woulda been a bit more ticked off knowing that others were getting the deal and having to try and hit 2 or 3 other comp usa's to try and get it, it just didn't seem to be worth the hassle.

So I called around for about an hour on Monday, found out that Frys had 29 GT's sitting in the warehouse and hit the checkout button, $444 Tax, S/H (12 bucks for overnight DHL was sweet) and I got a card in my puter already.

This was all at one local store... So it wasn't too bad... just a tad annoying...

I can wait a week to get my ultra for $378... Far Cry is gonna look so good... HL2 is gonna look so good... DoomIII is gonna look so good...

CSx-2011 said:
This was all at one local store... So it wasn't too bad... just a tad annoying...

I can wait a week to get my ultra for $378... Far Cry is gonna look so good... HL2 is gonna look so good... DoomIII is gonna look so good...

Don't let your breath go out yet...

If you read my msg, they are trying to cancel the orders that's been already paid.

Justinkoko said:
Don't let your breath go out yet...

If you read my msg, they are trying to cancel the orders that's been already paid.

Thats on the Ultra's.....which I've only been trying to point out in the last few entries in this thread.....

YES. There is a reason not to sell the PNY 6800U in stores.
It's tagged A07....meaning? CompUSA will "never" get it.

6800GT's are tagged A01. They are on order and shipping. They expect another shipment soon...

ok so realistically, i plan on going to compUSA tommorrow around 9am. do i even have a chance of walking out with a $350 Ultra(before tax) ? or they not going to be in stock and ill have to settle for a GT or somthing. what have i got to loose i guess ill try anyway heh. 150 bucks can go a long ways.

That extra 150 for me = ~170 with tax.......

I got the offer yesterday and am hoping that they don't call me to cancel. I called them today (not telling them that I had prepayed for the card) and asked them if they expected to get them in tomorrow. I was told that there were 3 presells in their store and they were hoping that they would be in, but did not know when.

BTW: I was the second presell....

Blackwind said:
Thats on the Ultra's.....which I've only been trying to point out in the last few entries in this thread.....

YES. There is a reason not to sell the PNY 6800U in stores.
It's tagged A07....meaning? CompUSA will "never" get it.

6800GT's are tagged A01. They are on order and shipping. They expect another shipment soon...

Yea but the funny thing is that I just called CompUSA and the sales rep told me Ultra should be in stock within 2 weeks. :confused:

Won't seel the ultras "we can't guarantee we'll ever get them in, so I can't sell one to you". The gt's they can presell w/o the 30% discount, only.

Blah

I am in California...

But they told me the same crap after checking the other computer... they have crappy terminals with some info, and some with warehouse info and stuff...

They said, "we have none and will never be getting them in"

Maybe that is what the computer said... but they will get them in.

Be polite and dont let up... you will get your card. Hell, send a complaint in via the website. You can specify the store and all the details.

You want to PrePay for a Video Card. (They can do this at business sales)

You want a 6800 Ultra, GT, or vanilla... (PNY has the availability listed as "Pre Order" for all three)

The PRINTED Advertisement says "30% off ALL PNY video cards" (After Savings)

Who cares how long it takes, or how many "managers" you have to talk to. They printed it, they have to deal with it until it expires.

If they really wont budge and you are happy with a GT, go for it... $280 is awesome.

Be like Spock! Maintain your cool, stay calm and reasonable.
Nobody likes to deal with rude customers.

Anybody have any luck getting a 6800 GT in So. Cal. today? Tomorrow I'm hitting up Universal Studios for Revenge of the Mummy-The Ride (again) and the male parental won't be back from State Line til sometime tomorrow. Meaning, my only chance at a 6800 GT is Friday and Saturday at the KompUSSR in Woodland Hills.

They may genuinely run out of "pre orders"...

I would have been happy to accept a GT or 6800nu for such a low price.

Qwertyman, where is the hand gesture emoticon?

I tried my CompUSA today here in Wichita, KS and was shot down. They gave me the same excuses of "only instore" and "can pre-buy, but not with the discount" I'm going to go back and try again tomorrow or thsi weekend. They might even get them in stock and I won't have to fight them for it.

just FYI, dug around on PNY's site and found what comes in the box...nothing spectacular, but it is the card that is important right? :D

Included in Box
NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6800 GT graphics card
Quick Installation Guide
CD which includes

* Detailed Installation Guide (PDF file)
* NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6 drivers
* Microsoft® DirectX® 9
* NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6 demos
* NVIDIA® NVDVD™ multimedia software
* NVIDIA® Wallpapers
* Verto wallpapers

DVI to VGA adapter
S-video cable
External Power Cable

I figured thats what it would come with... I am glad they included NVDVD software and the demos, etc.

My brother was insisting that it had to come with some big game bundle for that much money...

I just tried to call one of the stores in Charlotte and could only get thru to the national line? Anyone know how to actually talk to a person?
All I got was out of stock on 6800U and GT. That was probably read right off of the website.

Okay, today was the day, I stepped into Compusa in GA and the guy told me I was the second one to ask the question today. Anywhooo, I had no luck. I tried pre-paying it but it didnt work. The guy said something about A01 or something which Ignore and also the Manager. They said they will check it out with the main Compusa and if its possible for me to pre-pay it. Soooooo!!! Im hoping for a phone call today from them. :(

I WANT THE CARD AND I WANT IT NOW!!!! :mad:

i went to 2 compusa's in greensboro, all out of stock :(
ah well...maybe another miracle sale will come threw.

CompUSA in Mesquite, TX says that they came in, but they are supposedly 'sold out'. How convienent for them... Oh well, gonna try a different store later in the day.

-Dave

nycxandy said:
I went to both stores in Manhattan, NYC... neither had the 6800's in stock.

funny how compbuisness.com listed the 6800GT as coming soon yesterday, and they are already sold out.

so far the guy i spoke to was right, no gts or u will be available today, lets see how it is the rest of the day. this is for CSx-2011, my vulcan sign ,\\//

Skokie was no go (as I mentioned earlier).

The one just outside northbrook my boss went into and they woulnd't sell him one. He talked to a manager and the manager wouldn't sell him one either, discount or no.

Another friend hit the downtown one, and they wouldn't sell him one. He went to talk to someone else and they sold him 4 ultra's w/ discount, and an hour later they called him and he told me the "corporate sales cancelled the order".

Blah. CompUSA sux.

Wow, now I'm mad

My location told me that they arn't even honoring it. They got a memo or somthing that said not to honor it, and they couldn't, because they didn't have any in stock

I told them that the ad did not state that the cards had to be in stock, it just said "All PNY cards", and that they should honor that.

He told me there was "nothing he could do" and that the ad "didn't count," and that "we won't honor it"

I told him that since it was advertised as so, then if he didn't honor it, it was false advertisment, in violation of our constitution

he told me to "go to best buy" and hung up

haha, prick

Now by reading through all of the posts.... I think my hope of getting a 6800 with 30% is getting slimmer and slimmer :(

still no call from Compusa :(

They might have sold out all the slots they had for ultras in the first few days.

The GT says sold out, the 6800 says coming soon. 280 for a GT or 210 for a 6800np. :D

The 6800 is faster than a 9800XT that still costs $500 in store. (Recently got one for 300)

clutch- Do they have a busisness sales desk at that location ?

Well I stopped by my local compusa here in portland oregon on my way to work today. They don't have cards instock and they have a sign posted stating specifically they only honor the 30% off on cards in stock. When I asked at the desk they said they were taking prepays but not at the 30% off price. The guy that I talked to said that there had been a steady stream of atleast 4-5 people a day coming in to try and get the deal. My guess is they sent down an order to not put the 6800s on the shelf until the offer expires. Anyway good luck to the rest of you.

I called my CompUSA and you could tell she just used the web site's navigatin (she asked me for the item # if I knew it, then the name, then my zip code.)

Not in stock, she says. She couldn't tell me wether it sold out or if it hadn't arrived.

All of their other PNY items are extremely overpriced and aren't even worth it.

You guys know it does say ALL PNY CARDS not just cards in stock because I sure as hell didnt see a disclamier. If they tell you no get the managers name and call headquaters and tell them that it is false advertising.

Pipeliners Disclaimer: In no way do I care about the responses I get for making such a statement.

I just got a call from a local sales manager and was informed about the email that went out too. I got my prePay from a different store and I played dumb as to which store I got the PrePay through (told him that I was new to the area). He told me that they will most likely be calling me offering my money back.

Oh well..... I will, if it is cancelled, just wait until the BFG cards come in and pick up one of their Ultras.

Davmx said:
Okay, today was the day, I stepped into Compusa in GA and the guy told me I was the second one to ask the question today. Anywhooo, I had no luck. I tried pre-paying it but it didnt work. The guy said something about A01 or something which Ignore and also the Manager. They said they will check it out with the main Compusa and if its possible for me to pre-pay it. Soooooo!!! Im hoping for a phone call today from them. :(

I WANT THE CARD AND I WANT IT NOW!!!! :mad:
hehe you went to the one I went to. I was the first guy. The one near the Gwinett Place Mall right? They asked me for my phone number and I told them to call me at 4PM. It is getting close to 4PM now. I told them that some of their people said they would have it today. They almost let me prebuy the GT, but they told me they wanted to research it and then call me so...whatever. I bought another MX510 and left. I bet money that CompUSA corporate prolly did ship the cards and they are sitting in the back storerooms of all the CompUSA in the country. The people unloading the truck were prolly instucted to leave the boxes unopened until after the 30% off sale ends. That is a dirty rotten trick if you ask me. Their own people told me that the cards were going to be available July 1st. Oh well.

I called them and they told me they could not honor the sale price, but they I could prebuy the GT for full price. I was going to argue with them, but I just said screw it. I did however ask when they expect to get the actual cards in stock. The guy on the phone said that he thinks they will be instock immediately after the sale ends. CompUSA has lost me as a customer. I just pre-ordered a BFG 6800 Ultra OC from GameVE.com. I am very angry now that CompUSA would do something like this. I really hope someone can prove that they were false advertising and also prove that the stores DID infact have the cards, but just kept them off the shelves to avoid the loss.

I showed up at the Comp USA in Altamonte, FL at 9:00am today.

I went to the business section and told the guy that I wanted to order either the 6800 Ultra or the GT model. he (like many others) said that the Ultra couldnt be ordered because of blah, blah, blah and even more blahs.... but he did say that he could order the GT for me so I told him to order me 3 cards.

everything was going smoothly until I mentioned the 30% thing and thats when everything came to a screaching hault. at first, the clown thought that the $399 pricetag already included the 30% off ( :rolleyes: ) but I told him no it didnt. so he then said that he'd have to check with a manager.

he comes back a few minutes later and said:

"I'm sorry sir but........................."

I said: "look, dont even bother. I've heard the same bullshit speach many times over....."

he said: "well sir, my manager said that he just cant do the 30% off because....."

I said: "okay well, heaven forbid that Comp USA honors what it advertises as in its freakin' written in black letters on the back page of YOUR WEEKLY AD: 30% ALL PNY CARDS!"

he then said: "well sir, I'm sorry but................"

I said: "save your breath man, I dont wanna hear ya'lls petty excuses. they got old a long time ago......"

case closed, no 6800 ordered. oh well, I wouldve considered that trip a complete waste of time but I did manage to get a SB5100 cable modem at Circuit City for something like $25 after rebates and PMing so I was still in a pretty good mood.

trudude said:
I was going to argue with them, but I just said screw it.

thats exactly how I felt this morning.

normally I love to put up a good fight but I've actually gotten used to all the bullsh*t from stores like Best Buy and Comp USA so I didnt even bother...

both CompUsa and PNY are F'n retards, period. Shitty companies with absolute dumbass's working for them both. Heck wasnt it a while back that PNY went bankrupt and RMA's REQUIRED the sales reciept or you were out of luck ? and
I pre-paid last Sunday from the Dodger game, and guess what? im SOL , money was never taken from my account. I called PNY direct to see why CompUsa didnt receive dick yet ... the arogant phone rep said that the Ultra would never be available at CompUsa , only by internet order could it be obtained. And the GT was the only PNY that CompUsa would be getting. Oh really ? He also had no idea when the cards would be availabe at CompUsa. I said there is an advertisement saying 30% off all PNY video Cards at CompUsa and that i would like to obtain it and when it would be shipped at least ... he didnt know anything about anything, as i said an absolute dumbass not knowing what their own company is doing.

whats that saying again ... oh ya only 10% of PROFESSIONALS actually know wtf they are talking about . SO the percent of non-professionals actually knowing what they are talking about is prolly less then 1 %.

F- em both :)

Back