PNY GeForce 6800 Ultra for $350 at CompUSA!!!

Sorry, not 'till the Ultras show up. Then it will die a much-deserved death.

Anyone talked to Mesquite lately? Hell I'll give them a call. Where in this god-forsaken thread is the number?

I called the CompUSA that I got the pre-pay from, this is what they told me:

They are not responsible for ordering any Ultras. Corporate makes decisions regarding distribution of products, and as of today, their store did not have any on order, which means the corporate office either has not issued the order to send them to any stores, or just their store.

Notice on the web site how it says delivery only?

Any chance they are consciously trying to get around fulfilling our orders by simply not sending any to stores, as was reported awhile back? The stores claim they have no control over ordering, and corporate sets the Ultras as "Online Only".

We're one step closer, so to speak. We know CompUSA has some.

DermicSavage said:
why is this thread still alive?

didnt the $350 deal end months ago?

This thread will not die. Might as well keep posting. Hey, in 6-8 months it might even come true.

Went to CompUSA, gave me the run-around for a half hour, GT in stock but they will not honor the 30% off with it.

I hate that place...

ysaric said:
I called the CompUSA that I got the pre-pay from, this is what they told me:

They are not responsible for ordering any Ultras. Corporate makes decisions regarding distribution of products, and as of today, their store did not have any on order, which means the corporate office either has not issued the order to send them to any stores, or just their store.

Notice on the web site how it says delivery only?

Any chance they are consciously trying to get around fulfilling our orders by simply not sending any to stores, as was reported awhile back? The stores claim they have no control over ordering, and corporate sets the Ultras as "Online Only".

We're one step closer, so to speak. We know CompUSA has some.

www.compusabusiness.com

If the Ultra says "Delivery Only" that means , we wont be carrying them.
Go to your Compusa and walk up to the "Corperate Pickup" and ask them about the Ultras. They will order it for you. Since that you already pre-payed it, it wont cost you anything.

Thats how my Compusa goes.... =/

I'm actually getting mine through my brother-in-law. I'm going to have him try the Corporate Pickup, but if that doesn't work he's also going to try to get the GT instead.

It's time to start figuring that CompUSA really is going to weasel out of this one. I put an e-mail inquiry in Friday and haven't heard back about getting an Ultra shipped to the store my brother-in-law ordered from, and I don't figure I'm going to.

obyj34 said:
Went to CompUSA, gave me the run-around for a half hour, GT in stock but they will not honor the 30% off with it.

I hate that place...

it seems like they would be better off giving you a GT. Did you speak to a (real) manager?

CSx-2011 said:
it seems like they would be better off giving you a GT. Did you speak to a (real) manager?
No, the real manager wasn't there, I'm trying to contact him via phone.

I spoke with a nice manager at the CompUSA that I prePayed for my Ultra. They explained that Corporate Sales can have anything shipped to the store for local pick-up that is listed as internet only. When I spoke with them a couple of days ago they told me that they would put in a store transfer order to get the card to me. The Manager that I spoke with was darn near as excited as me to get the card in stock so that he could take a look at it when it comes in. He said that the order had been put in on Wednesday and that, hopefully, I would have the card sometime the first of this week.

He told me that he had also put in a call to someone at Corporate that would have some pull in getting the card to his store. I forget the name of the person that he said that he spoke with bu I can share the name if it has any impact upon me getting the card. (Name is on a peice of paper at the office).

Really - now is almost like day 1 (or 5 as it may be) of when they have to start making a decision to fill the prepays or not. Any waiting up until today has been a direct result of them not having the card in stock.

Good luck to us all.

Guess I should have gotten in on the GT instead. After the last series of messages here about corporate possibly being able to order the Ultra, I had my brother-in-law go in to check it out. Got the following response:

"Went at lunch today....guy didn't remember me. I called his manager over,
long story short, can't order it online for less than 500, quote was only
good for 30 days, sale was only for in-store units only (pretty much to sell
off their in-house stock). Wouldn't give me the GT, but said I could get it
online for 399 and get Doom for free...I wanted to tell him to go suck a
f!@#. Plus the manager said, you don't have a receipt, you didn't prepay.
And I looked over at the guy and said, "I explicitly asked you if I needed
to prepay and get a receipt and you said no, then I called you back and
asked again and you said this (quote) would cover me." And he looks at me
and says, "Sorry."

I was like, "What a waste, and I walked out." They don't know jack in there
and they are nothing more than a bunch of used car salesmen, but worse. If
I had more time, I would have really given them some business, but what are
you going to do. The quote had expired, the guy whose name was on the quote
wasn't the guy that had helped me, and the guy who helped me had no clue who
I was.....

The worst part of the whole thing was that instead of helping me, they
automatically tried to sell me another card......and they had zero idea,
manager included about the different cards....he was like, we don't have
this Ultra, but we have the Standard one for just 350. I was like, do you
know the difference between that card and this card? I was like, my phone
has a video card better than the one you are trying to sell me.

Whatever, sorry man, it was a huge waste."

So I get neither a GT nor an Ultra for the 30% price. I probably would never have gotten either anyway, as I don't know for sure that their store ever got either card. Like my B-I-L said, what a waste. Now I'm out looking for another deal.

bogus... see if they would sell you a GT at 30% off if you bought a 2 year tap along with it. Come back in two years, upgrade cards and buy another tap plan.

I have a special order receipt with payment. Left a message for the sales rep that sold it to me, haven't heard back yet.

I still cannot believe that some of you are still hoping to get your cards with the 30% thing...

geez people, after all this time wouldnt you have thought that it isnt gonna happen?

but then again, it might....

Comp USA will come through with your 30% off deal right about the time that the 6800s are on the verge of extinction. :p

J/K :)

but seriously, you should suck it up and just buy the damn cards and start having your fun.

and if you buy the GTs this week, then you'll also get a free copy of Doom 3 which is obviously worth $50+ right there.

Have you not read any of this thread? Most people who ordered the GT 30% off got theirs. It is most of us who, since the GT deal was going through, tried to wait for the Ultras that CompUSA sold the *same way* that are getting screwed.

ysaric said:
Have you not read any of this thread? Most people who ordered the GT 30% off got theirs. It is most of us who, since the GT deal was going through, tried to wait for the Ultras that CompUSA sold the *same way* that are getting screwed.

of course I have I just cant remember which one of my several posts I've put into this 38+ thread...

in any sense, I guess if people dont mind playing the Comp USA game then more power to them.

Since this is already at the top, I won't feel bad saying QUIT BUMPING THIS THREAD, IDIOTS! :rolleyes:

I called the business sales rep again today... he said he would check into the 75 that are on order in mesquite, TX

Fry's has the BFG Ultra all over the country now... hopefully just a matter of time.

My guesstimate of late July/early August was grossly incorrect. Late August/early sept? in time for HL2...

Called them, talked to the GM, they said I'd have to wait, and that they would not honor the 30% off on the GT, so I opted to wait.

Did you check if they would give you a GT at 30% off.... if you bought a two year tap plan with it?

About the same cost as the Ultra after tax...

CSx-2011 said:
Did you check if they would give you a GT at 30% off.... if you bought a two year tap plan with it?

About the same cost as the Ultra after tax...

Good idea but I doubt they'll let me, they really have no intrest in helping me at all.

Buying the Tap plan is helping their numbers... recouping some of what was lost in the 30% off all cards sale. If you talk to them again nicely,,, mention the 2 YEAR tap plan, and downgrading to GT.

If it doesn't work, we get Ultra's for $350 eventually.

I didn't. I did get the GT + D3 deal for $399 (+ Tax and shipping) (which I ordered yesterday and they shipped same-day), but they flat-out refused on the 30% deal.

Last post of mine to this thread, now that I'm officially out of the deal.

I must admit that I am checking out of the deal as well.

I confirmed a couple of things while at the store this morning:
1: Cost of GT to the store is 320
2: Cost of the Ultra is 480!!!

Price gouging is going on somewhere along the line and the store is taking the hit.

I was told that they tried to do a store to store transfer but cannot do it outside their region.

I spoke sweetly to the girl behind the counter and asked if there was anything they could do, if I were to decide to cancel my prepay for the Ultra. She asked me to wait, spoke with the stoire Mgr, returned with a 320 offer for the GT. I asked her if that came with the free copy of Doom 3 and she replied yes.

So - I got out of the deal with a GT for 320 and a free copy of Doom 3 for my efforts.

I hope that some of you are as lucky!

ysaric said:
I didn't. I did get the GT + D3 deal for $399 (+ Tax and shipping) (which I ordered yesterday and they shipped same-day), but they flat-out refused on the 30% deal.

Last post of mine to this thread, now that I'm officially out of the deal.

The deal was over on July 3rd....

Nomad said:
I must admit that I am checking out of the deal as well.

I confirmed a couple of things while at the store this morning:
1: Cost of GT to the store is 320
2: Cost of the Ultra is 480!!!

Price gouging is going on somewhere along the line and the store is taking the hit.

I was told that they tried to do a store to store transfer but cannot do it outside their region.

I spoke sweetly to the girl behind the counter and asked if there was anything they could do, if I were to decide to cancel my prepay for the Ultra. She asked me to wait, spoke with the stoire Mgr, returned with a 320 offer for the GT. I asked her if that came with the free copy of Doom 3 and she replied yes.

So - I got out of the deal with a GT for 320 and a free copy of Doom 3 for my efforts.

I hope that some of you are as lucky!

That works too!!!

I can't believe the life of this thread!
Principle is one thing but jeez by the time you get your cards they'll be old school

I ordered it a month and a half ago... If I want I will get a GT sooner.. thats not old by any means..

... It's not dead yet!!!!

CompUSA website had a small update today, you can order Ultras (this time it doesn't say we've sold out) but it says not cshipping for 2-4 weeks. Hopefully soon.... hopefully soon....

Back