PNY CS2030 nVME m.2 ssd ... anyone see this yet?

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
was about to drive 60 miles into atlanta to go to my closes microcenter to pickup a m.2 drive for my 12c 24t file / print server today but thought before i drove that far to check my local bestbuy and came upon this ( PNY - 240GB Internal PCI Express 3.0 x4 (NVMe) Solid State Drive for Laptops - Black ) this drive might actually be faster then my sammy 950 pro m.2 drive!! So I bought it, but dont get off work for another 48hrs soI cant go home and test it out. Looks like its a solid find and should do well but my onlyquestion is this: My sammy 950pro has a proprietary nvme windows driver, this doesnt.... do I just use the windows nvme driver??

That looks like an amazing SSD. It would be a 1000 times useful for you to help review this product. I searched google for this drive, and you're one of the top results. That's how little information s out about the drive. I mean, come on PNY you have a drive that is one of the fastest out there! Yet no press release, no advertising, not even on amazon or newegg yet. I also searched their site, and no nvme drivers. So give it a whirl with the windows drivers and see how it performs. Would love to hear back on this

Im home, ill post up some benchie pics in a few... please keep in mind this nVME ssd is in a X99 system configured with a asrock X99 Killer X 3.1 motherboard using a Xeon E5 2658 V3 ES CPU @ 2.3GHz x12 cores, 32gb ram @ 2133MHz quad channel using a Bclk of 101.5MHz. Most OCing this board will allow with given Xeon CPU :yawn:. Ill edit this post in a few

Last edited:
keep in mind this nVME ssd is in a X99 system configured with a asrock X99 Killer X 3.1 motherboard using a Xeon E5 2658 V3 ES CPU @ 2.3GHz x12 cores, 32gb ram @ 2133MHz quad channel using a Bclk of 101.5MHz.

untitled.png

Back