PNY 8800GT 512MB PCI-E $149.99 @ BB 6/8/08

Bellz

Limp Gawd
...and I bought the Visiontek HD3870 last week. Why didn't I wait 1 more week?

PNY 8800GT Linkage.
This is a single-slot card. :D

Product Features

* Powered by the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT graphics processing unit (GPU)
* 512MB GDDR3 memory
* PCI Express x16 interface

* Dual RAMDACs at 400MHz each
* 2nd-generation PureVideo HD technology powers smooth DVD playback with accurate color
* 112 stream processors and an impressive 256-bit frame buffer for amplified graphics processing power
* NVIDIA SLI technology allows 2 graphics cards to run simultaneously (second card not included)
* DirectX 10- and OpenGL 2.0-compatible GPU and powerful unified architecture for enhanced gameplay
* 2 dual-link DVI-I connectors; HDTV output
* PCI 2.0 bus architecture
* Windows Vista compatible
* Includes 2 DVI-to-VGA adapters, HDTV cable, S-video cable and supplemental power adapter

Newegg Link $194.99

must...... resist...... a couple more weeks.. :)

I even have a $10 off coupon from reward points I need to use. ugh

what time does BB open on Sundays? heh

sweet glad I didn't get the 3870 I was gonna get.It is time now to go and get the 8800gt.I had a feeling about this happening to.

...and I bought the Visiontek HD3870 last week. Why didn't I wait 1 more week?

If it makes you feel any better, I had a Sapphire 3870 and got rid of it to get a 8800gts 512. I know the 8800gt and gts are faster, but when you factor in the extra noise and heat, I wish I had my 3870 back. It wasn't the lateest or greatest out there, But I really liked that card.

Grabbed one at the Manchester, NH bestbuy. No tax :) there were 8 left at 10:15am.

If it makes you feel any better, I had a Sapphire 3870 and got rid of it to get a 8800gts 512. I know the 8800gt and gts are faster, but when you factor in the extra noise and heat, I wish I had my 3870 back. It wasn't the lateest or greatest out there, But I really liked that card.

Dude you just got the wrong 8800 with the crap cooling solution. I can't even hear the MSI 8800GT with the Zalman HS/Fan and It runs low to mid 60's at full load.

does everyone consider pny a good company?also how is the warranty?
My local store has em and I think I will grab one.
I almost ordered an xfx 9600gt today for $139 plus $8 shipping sure glad I didn't

My local store has em and I think I will grab one.
I almost ordered an xfx 9600gt today for $139 plus $8 shipping sure glad I didn't

I've had several PNY video cards over the years and they've all been solid performers with no problems. I have my old PNY 7900gs for sale now in the forsale section with a zalman cooler installed. :D

As far as warranty goes, their Website says:
Warranty and Service
Three years (plus an additional 2 years upon completion of a registration form on PNY's website)

Generally the cards and company are fine. Some people had issues with PNY's warranty terms a while ago (arbitrary length determined by PNY's decision of the card's lifetime), but it has since been changed to be a lot more clear.

There was a time a couple of years ago when they had many damaged cards from improper packaging. I bought one of the 6800 cards at CompUSA and could hear surface mount components rattling around in the package. I took it back without even opening it. The problem wasn't common before or after that.

Opinions on stepping up from a gts320? Worth it? I game at 1680x1050.

just got back from BB and they had quite a few. Not bad for $300 for 8800gt in sli. think I am going to wait since I already bought 2 gts'

Also just picked one up. I can already notice the difference from my 7800GTX. Great buy.

I just got mine today as well. Too bad it has to sit in it's box until I get a new psu which will be at the end of next week.
I couldn't pass it up.They had the 9600gt for $179 so this was a no brainer

what? I thought all the reviews had the 3870 running hotter than the 8800gts 512mb.

what? I thought all the reviews had the 3870 running hotter than the 8800gts 512mb.

Not in my experience. I had the Sapphire 3870 and went to the MSI 8800gts. It's only marginally louder (still not annoying my any means), but it runs about 5 degrees hotter then the 3870 I had - load and idle. The real kicker is the amount of hot air that's pushed out the rear of my case though. The 8800gts pushes about twice amount of the hot air out than the 3870 did. Makes for a nice "space heater". Now you could say I need better airflow, but I'm comparing "apples to apples" here - took the 3870 out and put the 8800gts in. All this being said, the 8800gts has worked perfectly for me and I do like it. My 3870 was just one of those peices of hardware I got "attached" to I guess. We've all been there.

Hmm... if I pick this up, it will be about $160 after tax. I can probably sell my 8800 gts 320mb for $80 after fees on ebay. $80 to go from my 320mb to this 8800gt, is it worth it?

Hmm... if I pick this up, it will be about $160 after tax. I can probably sell my 8800 gts 320mb for $80 after fees on ebay. $80 to go from my 320mb to this 8800gt, is it worth it?

Only if you're dissatisfied with the performance of what you already have. It's not that big of an upgrade, and is probably only noticeable at higher resolutions.

Does anyone know if PNY allows for overclocking or at least a HSF swap without voiding the warranty?

Already have the card but want to know if I can the above without voiding the warranty.

Does anyone know if PNY allows for overclocking or at least a HSF swap without voiding the warranty?

Already have the card but want to know if I can the above without voiding the warranty.
well you better register it if you want the extended warranty. also how the heck would they know if you overclocked it??

well you better register it if you want the extended warranty. also how the heck would they know if you overclocked it??

True. But what about replacing the HSF? Would that void the warranty as well?

True. But what about replacing the HSF? Would that void the warranty as well?

PNY's sole obligation under this warranty is to replace or, at its option, to repair, free of charge, all the product's defective parts. This warranty applies only on the condition that the product has been installed, maintained and operated under conditions of normal use and in accordance with the installation guide provided herewith. The provisions of this warranty shall not apply if, in PNY's sole judgment, the product has been subject to misuse or neglect, improper installation, damaged in an accident, or repaired or altered in any way that affects its performance or reliability.

http://www2.pny.com/support/media//...d3168948c5fc/PNY Graphic Card Warranty_v1.pdf

Oh wow.

I literally just got a 9600GT for my little brother's computer for $175 like 5 days ago... the 8800GT was listed at $300... >_<

Oh well, he can't tell the difference @ 1440 x 900...

Oh wow.

I literally just got a 9600GT for my little brother's computer for $175 like 5 days ago... the 8800GT was listed at $300... >_<

Oh well, he can't tell the difference @ 1440 x 900...

hahah, I did the exact same thing. I decided to go over and see if my BB had this deal though, and sure enough. Picked up the 8800GT for $147.48 after tax thanks to the coupon.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Yea, he was getting hard-locks in 3D games with his 7600GT and when I pulled it out and tested the onboard, we found 3 blown capacitors.

But we can't find the box or the receipt so I doubt we'll be able to get an exchange from EVGA... so we might try to fix it or sell it as partially broked.

Yea, he was getting hard-locks in 3D games with his 7600GT and when I pulled it out and tested the onboard, we found 3 blown capacitors.

But we can't find the box or the receipt so I doubt we'll be able to get an exchange from EVGA... so we might try to fix it or sell it as partially broked.
well if you registered the card than EVGA will have all your info.

And we didn't ;)

It was a quick upgrade to his Gateway so he could play WoW at decent framerates... he's only 11...

We'll definitely be registering the PNY 9600 GT though...

Picked mine up with the 10% coupon...such a difference over my 8500GT =P

150 - 10% + 5.25% tax = 142 out the door w/ no rebate.

I thought on the ATI 3870 deal BB had last week that they would not let you use the coupon on a sale item ?
Is this a diffeant coupon or is it the same coupon but a (YMMV) thing and you guys are just gettig Lucky ???

I'd love to get on this deal. Best Buy is 40 miles away, so thats like 12 dollars in gas :)

Well you'd only need to drive if you wanna use the coupon, but spending all that money on gas kinda negates it, you could order online though... even has free shipping :D

Im going to my local Best Buys after work to pick one of these up.

IF ANYONE WANTS ME TO GET ONE FOR YOU, PM me and we'll exchange phone numbers and talk. I obviously can only do a few but I have no problem getting one and shipping it out if you pay for it!

Back