PNY 6800 Ultra for $350 from CompUSA (YMMV) from 6/27 to 7/3

DermicSavage

[H]ard|Gawd
origional link: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=18&threadid=330155

OK, COMPUSA is carrying Verto GeForce 6800 Ultra Video Card, 8x AGP, 256MB GDDR3
Manufacturer: PNY
Mfg Part #: VCG6800UAWP
Product Number: 313398
Price: $499.99

they will have it starting 7/1

they have a 30% off all PNY cards from 6/27 to 7/3

I called to reserve one today and was told teh sale does not go into effect until 6/27 but that the 30% off is good for this card

$500 - 30% = $350

i sense compusa is going to try and make this deal "never happen"(if it even starts)
but anyways, i figured i may as well post it anyway

Well, if it does happen, my new 9800SE->9800Pro may have to retire very early. Thanks for the deal.

Very awesome deal. If this does go down, it will be chaos. :eek:

Would it be wise to upgrade from a 5900U?

im sure it isnt going to happen

posted on a different forum, a guy who worked at comp usa asked his manager about it, and the manager replied that in the next ad, they are going to put in a note the exempts the 6800's from the 30% off deal

I'm not holding much hope for the discount, but the cards being available in the stores
on July 1 sound very interesting to me. (I just hope that I could buy one before I go to
the 500 person monsterfrag.com lan)

hmmm very interesting, will any of these new nvidia cards fit in a Shuttle SB75S? is the newer 250 watt PSU enough to power it?
I might shoot over there early to try and get me a card, If anyone is going to get in on this deal its going to be the early birds, where can I get the paper that says the PNY cards are supposed to be 30% off? Just in the news paper?

If I'm gonna drop $300+ dollars on some card I just gotta know :p

my father snatched a 5900 ultra with one of these very same sales back in oct/nov and it was a 400+ card so i dont see why this sale will be different weeeee :) a 6800U for GT money :)

I don't know what you all are talking about......I GOT IT!!!!!!! I was the first one there an hour before the store opened, and it wasn't in stock, but they appplied it anyways! They say the ship date is 7/1 and it will arrive 7/3. I finally get a good deal. 350 bucks for an ultra is great! I was thinking about buying more than one to sell off, but decided against it.

WOOOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!

well thats it I'm gonna make the trip and try my luck. If it doesn't fit inside my shuttle I'll have a card to sell for quite a deal or trade it for an x800 Pro and a tiny amount of cash.

Is this supposed to be an in store only deal? The website doesn't have an option for pre-ordering, and it's still listed as $499. I just called 1-800-COMPUSA to see if I could pre-order one through that, but they said they didn't have that model listed. I'm going to call the closest CompUSA around here and see if they can do anything.

Just go to the store. Don't talk to the lowly lemmings there: ASK TO SEE A MANAGER! The deal is real...only bad part is sales tax

So are you guys getting the deal on the Ultra or the GT?

Even with the 30% I cant justify the $350 for ultra but I'll see if I cant get the GT. Do you guys think that since they dont have any instock they will have to honor this deal all week?

Spiff1333 said:
Even with the 30% I cant justify the $350 for ultra but I'll see if I cant get the GT.

What would the final price of the GT be after the 30% off?

-SEAL

SEALTeamSix said:
What would the final price of the GT be after the 30% off?

-SEAL

$304 with tax, and thats actually more then I thought it would be so I'll have to think about (aka go look at more benchmarks)

I went into a store and had a lowly peon talk to a manager and he said there is no way to do a pre-order. In their computers he had no list for a shipping date or anything. There was also no way to pre-pay.
So if you got this deal, what did you ask for from the manager? and what does your receipt say?

We looked on the site and for the ultra and GT it only says "Coming Soon" and not even preorder so I'm thinking they changed it so that people couldn't get 30% off on the new cards. I ended up getting a 256 meg thumb drive because I needed one so my trip wasn't a total waste.

I went to my local store, and they also told me that its in thier computer, but there is no number for it and they dindt have a expected release date for it either. so they coudlnt preorder it. How did you get this card preordered?

I see on thier site they still allow the x800xt to be preordered, mabye compusa removed the ability to preorder the 6800u cause they wondlt want it to be 30% off

From what I've been hearing from people is that they can't pre-order the ULTRA only the GT and regular 6800.

My birthday is coming up on July 6th, and I'm gonna have my parents buy me up a GT for $280, sell my 9800 Pro for $125~$150 to a friend, and give them the cash. Usually I end up with a $150 in cash, but I'd much rather have this.

Shorty said:
My birthday is coming up on July 6th, and I'm gonna have my parents buy me up a GT for $280, sell my 9800 Pro for $125~$150 to a friend, and give them the cash. Usually I end up with a $150 in cash, but I'd much rather have this.

cool dude my birthday is on july 6th also. Happy early birthday!

Looks like I got somewhere to be on thursday. So they are letting people pre-order the GT? Oh man, this is nuts... I started to raltionalize the GT because the price is so good, but now im leaning ultra... maybe the second power connector will help me clock. I might have to come in late to work on thursday, of all the compusa's in my area surely one will sell it. I'm just not confident the stores will get the cards in. Compusa could just realize there mistake and not put them out as well.

HAH. CompUSSR shows the Ultra and GT as "Sold Out." I wonder if anyone actually bought one or if USSR simply marked them as sold out for precautionary purposes.

On Anandtech, I've seen people posting their receipts for buying the GT for $280. Now, I hope to god my friend takes my 9800 Pro off my hands for $130 and I can get in on this deal.

Hey Wich0, happy birthday to you too!

The deal was never online, and they never had any in stock in the first place.

Since it says Sold Out online, does that mean the local stores won't have them on July 1st, or that they won't do the deal anymore???

Usually they allow you to get a raincheck. Walk into your local store and ask for a preorder or raincheck.

Well, I just went to my local CompUSA in Dallas, TX and was able to get 30% off either the GT or the Ultra. I chose to get the GT. They said it should be there in a week or so. I can't wait!!!!

nkeney said:
Well, I just went to my local CompUSA in Dallas, TX and was able to get 30% off either the GT or the Ultra. I chose to get the GT. They said it should be there in a week or so. I can't wait!!!!
What did you say and do to get them to do it!! Why can no one answer this question :eek:

I tired to do the same thing (im here in San jose california) but the store managers say that since they don't have any records for future shipments due in on this card, they can't do a pre-order/raincheck..

I just called my local store, and they said they're getting them 7/1. They WILL NOT (my store, anyways) do a preorder/raincheck with that price. They will, however, honor the deal, should they come in before theend of the ad (7/3)... so I know where im going 7/1 :)

The 2 Compuseless' here in Hawaii said they don't have this card on order and they won't be getting it. I have been reading some of the posts in this thread and it causes me to question what the dude at comp told me.. Is there still a chance they will get it and I can go down and purchase it?

Well, being in Hawaii, I doubt they'd even get them on that date.

However, its worth a try. My compusa is 60 miles away, heh, but ill be driving there... these things are selling well on ebay ;)

All I mentioned was I wanted to take advantage of the 30% off deal for PNY cards and that I didn't see any PNY Geforce 6800 GTs or Ultras on the selves. They said they were out of stock, so I ask is it possible for me to go ahead an order one. They said yes and told me to go to the business counter and pre-order one. They allowed me to do it to the Ultra or the GT. The guy I was working with didn't seem to have any problems at all. I think it all depends on who you work with. Maybe some stores don't know that they are not allow to pre-order it or maybe some stores don't know that they are allowed to. I don't know, but the guy didn't give me any problem what so ever.

people, just give it up cuz this deal aint gonna happen.

Comp USA is obviously on to this and $100 says that the PNY 6800 GT or Ultra isnt gonna be found in any of their stores. at least not until their 30% off sale is over.

oh, come now. I've worked retail before. As was said, it all depends who you work with. A majority of the employees will have no idea, nor wil lthey care. If they get the cards in the first, you can bet they'll be out.

These people are RETAIL people, lol, come on. If you find a card on the 1st->3rd, go up, get 30% off, and be happy ;)

Back