PNY 6800 Cards $199

WeldZilla

Limp Gawd
Only for a few hours at CompUSA tommorrow morning. The day after Thanksgiving!!
for like 6 hours. They are on sale, that's $229 with a $30 dollar rebate. Hard to beat for the price. Remember the sale runs from like 6:00 am to 11:00 or 12:00 shop early, play late!!

WZ

buddy of mine got one.. unlocked the extra 4 pipes no problem although his card didnt overclock very well at all 355/765 was best I could get wtih out having artifacts pop up or lock ups occuring.

What dude, I'm at 380/800 still seeing If I can go farther. Doubt it, I'm happy now.

Got two today at 9am here in Texas .. one for me and one for a friend. Since both of us are upgrading from crap (him GeForce3 and me GeForce FX5200) we are ecstatic already and not worried about overclocking and ultra stuff. Thanks for the heads up ... I didn't know about it until I read this thread now I can play HL2 better :)

I ordered one and i'm not worried. If it were a widespread problem there would be a lot more than 2 threads. I can't even find the other 4 that the link on the front page refers to.

Is this happening all from the same store? or is it happening in multiple stores?

The front page post was based on one post. If anyone can point out the 4 others with the same problem that would be great. I couldn't find those posts in the video card or deal forums in a seach all the way back to 11/16 (pny 6800) and back to 7/4 (pny 6800nu).

There was a separate post later from a guy with Far Cry artifacting. His update shows a blank spot on the PCB, but that doesn't mean anything fell off (http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=837541). There are "missing" components on both sides of the PCB.

1. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=837377
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?

edit: Anyways, it's almost certainly an isolated incident. The way wave soldering works would make that problem very unusual.

pxc said:
The front page post was based on one post. If anyone can point out the 4 others with the same problem that would be great. I couldn't find those posts in the video card or deal forums in a seach all the way back to 11/16 (pny 6800) and back to 7/4 (pny 6800nu).

There was a separate post later from a guy with Far Cry artifacting. His update shows a blank spot on the PCB, but that doesn't mean anything fell off (http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=837541). There are "missing" components on both sides of the PCB.

1. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=837377
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?

edit: Anyways, it's almost certainly an isolated incident. The way wave soldering works would make that problem very unusual.

I'm going to count this one since he is getting some pretty messed up gaming, and is missing a cap, where newegg shows there should be one.

Then of course, this one.

Then lets read that forum post more closely; then we find this post, and this post , and this post, and this post, here is another post, and yet another post

I do not call that an isolated incident, maybe you should have read the thread :rolleyes:

MeanieMan said:
I'm going to count this one since he is getting some pretty messed up gaming, and is missing a cap, where newegg shows there should be one.

Then of course, this one.

Then lets read that forum post more closely; then we find this post, and this post , and this post, and this post, here is another post, and yet another post

I do not call that an isolated incident, maybe you should have read the thread :rolleyes:
Did you read my post? I linked the first one before he updated. The second link is the original one that was linked on the front page.

And the rest of those links are after. As I said, the post on the front page was based on one reported problem and neither of us can find the 4 that the orignial poster said were also having the same problem. Two of the links are the same user and one is completely unrelated to missing capacitors.

pxc said:
Did you read my post? I linked the first one before he updated. The second link is the original one that was linked on the front page.

And the rest of those links are after. As I said, the post on the front page was based on one reported problem and neither of us can find the 4 that the orignial poster said were also having the same problem. Two of the links are the same user and one is completely unrelated to missing capacitors.

What are you smoking?
No one said the all the posts belong to this forum. The post on the front page even called it a news report, not a forum accident.
I did mess up about posting one person saying about the problem twice. But they all talk about missing caps. They are pulled out of conversation so a few may not make sense.
Like I said you should have read the original thread before claiming this was an isolated incident. Even with my list having a double, thats seven broken cards on the Hardforums alone.

MeanieMan said:
What are you smoking?
I don't smoke, but you still haven't answered yet. Where are the 4 other defects that the original post, the one linked on the front page, mentioned? Plus you forgot that you also linked a post that had nothing to do with missing capacitors.

My count is still 2 confirmed and a couple of bandwagon posts.

BTW, how is your PNY 6800 running? :rolleyes:

pxc said:
I don't smoke, but you still haven't answered yet. Where are the 4 other defects that the original post, the one linked on the front page, mentioned? Plus you forgot that you also linked a post that had nothing to do with missing capacitors.

My count is still 2 confirmed and a couple of bandwagon posts.

BTW, how is your PNY 6800 running? :rolleyes:

Are you reading what I'm posting?
No one said the other posts were on this forum (as I said above). They could be over at modthebox, or tom's hardware for all we know.
I also didn't forget anything, as I said some of the posts are pulled out of conversation (as I said above), why would one person talk about missing caps, and the other talking missing pants? :rolleyes:

You see two pictures, I see seven people saying it happen, with 8 cards.

I found out with my geforce 3 not to buy PNY, even then I recieved a card from them with disconnected ramsinks.

so i'll take your expertise in this subject with a huge salt lick. LOL

Welp,

Mine is doing fine, no problems fast as can be (well compared to my fx5200) ... I haven't tried oc'ing it yet ... but so far so good.

Back