PNY 240GB Optima SSD (TigerDirect) - $79.99

ShepsCrook

[H]F Junkie
$109.99 (Regular)
-$20.00 (Mail in Rebate)
-$10.00 (Coupon Code) - HLK140167

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8945533&CatId=5300

FEATURES:
240GB storage capacity; provides enough space to hold your files and documents
Compatibility; works with PC and Mac® systems
SSD performance; operates better than a traditional hard drive
Transformative performance: dramatically faster than a hard drive
Nearly instantaneous boot times
60,000 iOPS reads, 45,000 iOPS writes
Ample storage: with a capacity of up to 240GB
Compatible with any operating systems
Extensive quality and reliability testing built into every drive
Three-year limited warranty
The PNY Optima™ SSD line utilizes multiple qualified controllers to offer the best available solution to our customers

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had a problem with PNY rebates. I've used this drive in a few builds and it works great for the price.

Good drive for the money. I also have had no problems with the rebate on this. I did a build recently with a fair amount of rebates. Sent them all out at the same time and the PNY was the first to come in.

I've been using this drive for a couple of months now on my laptop and it's been working perfectly. No issues at all.

Cheap drive, just don't be picky about what's actually inside.

PNY is starting to gather quite a bad rep with these. Hence the price drops I suppose.

Awesome price for a 240gb SSD. I just bought a Corsair 60gb refurb for $40

Have had my Optima 240GB for a few months and it's been great. Paired with a Celeron 1840, I can not discern the difference in boot speeds and program/game load times between my HTPC and my sig system. Zero issues. Would buy again!

Didn't see this thread before I started the other.

They dropped the price by $10 and then there is the $15 coupon which can be stacked.

Which is why this sold out

Ok, well 30c per GB was about the break point where I wanted to upgrade my travel laptop's 500GB HDD
Is this SSD decent in an old samsung R580?

Ah they raised the price again and made it $10 off with a coupon so you can't use the $15 or use the $15 instead for another $5

Back