Plz help....INTEL HD Graphics IGPU driver installs but gets me to a black screen after windows loads.

Plainman

Limp Gawd
My core i3 2100 system (Win 7 64bit Professional) had a Nvidia 210 (very old) graphics card in it. Since i use this only for business and internet etc I decided to lighten the load on the system and simplify by going with just the IGPU which the processor has (Intel HD Graphics 2000). I tried installing the INTEL HD Graphics 2000 driver but it wouldnt install at all....says this system doesnt meet the requirments for this installation, bec i thought i can boot to IGPU and try it out first and then uninstall the NVIDIA drivers and pull out the NV card. But it so seems the Intel Display Driver wont install when theres a DGPU card present. So i pulled out the card, faced a black screen did a few reboots..got a low res output working and installed the Intel Driver. After the install...it asked to reboot....the reboot does everything like windows loading screen etc but then instead of logon i get a No signal from the monitor. So monitor was triple checked and is just 3 months old and works perfect on other systems.

So back to this system and after a few dozen attempts its clear...when the INTEL graphics driver is installed it boots and then cuts of signal to the display once windows loads up. It does it only at that stage. So again i booted into safe mode and in safe mode i get perfect display and all that. I uninstalled this IGPU driver from device manager, closed the internet line, and rebooted and windows boots correctly to normal mode but with it self installing INTEL VGA drivers, but thats very rudimentary, the display is outputing 1080p and is razor sharp etc but movies stutter....some of my custom power options are missing...screen saver says it cant run bec no IGPU. Its running on NTEL VGA driver. Can someone help me with what i should do to get just the IGPU driver installed....short of reinstalling the whole OS with graphics drivers from scratch. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
My core i3 6100 system had a Nvidia 210 (very old) graphics card in it. Since i use this only for business and internet etc I decided to lighten the load on the system and simplify by going with just the IGPU which the processor has (Intel HD Graphics 2000). I tried installing the INTEL HD Graphics 2000 driver but it wouldnt install at all....says this system doesnt meet the requirments for this installation, bec i thought i can boot to IGPU and try it out first and then uninstall the NVIDIA drivers and pull out the NV card. But it so seems the Intel Display Driver wont install when theres a DGPU card present. So i pulled out the card, faced a black screen did a few reboots..got a low res output working and installed the Intel Driver. After the install...it asked to reboot....the reboot does everything like windows loading screen etc but then instead of logon i get a No signal from the monitor. So monitor was triple checked and is just 3 months old and works perfect on other systems.

So back to this system and after a few dozen attempts its clear...when the INTEL graphics driver is installed it boots and then cuts of signal to the display once windows loads up. It does it only at that stage. So again i booted into safe mode and in safe mode i get perfect display and all that. I uninstalled this IGPU driver from device manager, closed the internet line, and rebooted and windows boots correctly to normal mode but with it self installing INTEL VGA drivers, but thats very rudimentary, the display is outputing 1080p and is razor sharp etc but movies stutter....some of my custom power options are missing...screen saver says it cant run bec no IGPU. Its running on NTEL VGA driver. Can someone help me with what i should do to get just the IGPU driver installed....short of reinstalling the whole OS with graphics drivers from scratch. Thanks in advance.
You installed the wrong driver in that system. The HD Graphics 2000 is for the second-gen Sandy Bridge i3's (e.g. the i3-2100), while your CPU is a sixth-gen Skylake i3. The correct Intel IGP driver is the one for the 6th-through-10th-Gen CPUs. Your IGP is actually the HD Graphics 530, not the HD Graphics 2000.

You installed the wrong driver in that system. The HD Graphics 2000 is for the second-gen Sandy Bridge i3's (e.g. the i3-2100), while your CPU is a sixth-gen Skylake i3. The correct Intel IGP driver is the one for the 6th-through-10th-Gen CPUs. Your IGP is actually the HD Graphics 530, not the HD Graphics 2000.
God im so sorry the processor is an i3 2100 not 6100....pardon my error, ive corrected it now on my original post too. Any ideas what can be done plz ?

I'm going to cut n paste what I saw posted several times regarding the i3 2100

Your i3-2100 graphics are not supported on Windows 10. The only driver available is the Microsoft generic driver, which lacks features and performance.​

I'm not saying there's not a solution to this, since you didn't specify your OS, but if it's w10 it does not bode well. If the 210 worked well enough that, or a newer low power gpu, may be your only options

I'm going to cut n paste what I saw posted several times regarding the i3 2100

Your i3-2100 graphics are not supported on Windows 10. The only driver available is the Microsoft generic driver, which lacks features and performance.​

I'm not saying there's not a solution to this, since you didn't specify your OS, but if it's w10 it does not bode well. If the 210 worked well enough that, or a newer low power gpu, may be your only options
Hi its windows 7 pro 64bit.

The computer gods are telling you to put the Geforce 210 back and leave the system well enough alone.

You really aren't "lightening the load" by removing that card. It's an entry level bare bones card that barely pulls any power.

If removing it is causing this much trouble, it's opposite to your original goal of simplifying the system. Sometimes computers want to be what they are and nothing else, this is one of those times.

The computer gods are telling you to put the Geforce 210 back and leave the system well enough alone.

You really aren't "lightening the load" by removing that card. It's an entry level bare bones card that barely pulls any power.

If removing it is causing this much trouble, it's opposite to your original goal of simplifying the system. Sometimes computers want to be what they are and nothing else, this is one of those times.

But with the card ive recently started getting sudden blanking out of the screen.....and this started after my UPS started tak tak tak tak tak intermittently bec of low voltage at home. So i figured id lower the number of addons inside the system to bring it to a bare minimum load... if i can run without it.

You need to investigate the cause of that low voltage. Try a different outlet and see if the problem persists.

But with the card ive recently started getting sudden blanking out of the screen.....and this started after my UPS started tak tak tak tak tak intermittently bec of low voltage at home. So i figured id lower the number of addons inside the system to bring it to a bare minimum load... if i can run without it.

No amount of stripping parts is going to help if your mains is that unstable. If the voltage is dropping out enough to constantly trigger the UPS, you need to get an electrician to look at your wiring. I've had several customers with similar problems and in all cases, it turned out to be dangerous electrical faults that were right on the edge of causing a major electrical fire that would have burned their house down.

In their cases, it was either a faulty plug, a bad romex connection to the plug, or the main power drop having a bad connection to the main breaker panel.

The only case where you might not have a problem is if your entire neighborhood is having brownouts or blackouts, then it's a problem with the electrical grid. But that's still not good for your equipment.

Back