Please suggest a card under $300 that will play max settings @ 1920x1200

Sedriss

Limp Gawd
Im looking at getting a new card here in about a month and was wondering what would be a good upgrade for me. Not looking to spend a fortune (wanted to keep it under $300) but wanted something that will play most games at 1920x1200 and give me some good fps of 60 or higher (CoD BO, BFBC2, Metro, NFS im getting around 40 FPS in these game with settings maxed).

Please note i will be upgrading the CPU/MB at a later time but figured i would take a step in getting a better card for the time being. Any opinions would be great. Thank you.

Well for around 150 200 you can get a used 4870x2 and that plays almost everything on high with those settings.

Except if his budget is $300 why not get a 2gb and unlock it? $35 more gets you a 6970.

If he knew how to unlock a card I don't think he would be asking...

"Please suggest a card under $300 that will play max settings @ 1920x1200".

Just my 2 cents.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150518

The best value currently available. It has a lifetime warranty that transfers to the person you sell it to, and you can modify the BIOS risk-free because of a toggle switch, to gain GTX 570 level performance for $290 after MIR. You can also install aftermarket cooling without voiding the warranty.

EDIT: The aftermarket cooling part only applies for North America. If you are not in NA, removing the heatsink is NOT allowed.

Last edited:
If he knew how to unlock a card I don't think he would be asking...

"Please suggest a card under $300 that will play max settings @ 1920x1200".

Just my 2 cents.

You dont need to know how to do shit when you can follow one of the dozen or so guides on the web its idiot proof.

AvP, JC2, and Metro were giving me trouble with my GTX580 when I had it paired with my [email protected]. Frames would drop to 20FPS and it was very noticeable. It's been smooth as hell with my 2600K though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150518

The best value currently available. It has a lifetime warranty that transfers to the person you sell it to, and you can modify the BIOS risk-free because of a toggle switch, to gain GTX 570 level performance for $290 after MIR. You can also install aftermarket cooling without voiding the warranty.

Unfortunately you cannot. I believe I read in a review that XFX is the only company to do it - but there are actually "Warranty void if removed" stickers on the screws holding the heatsink on.

Pretty lame - can't even replace the thermal paste without voiding warranty. Though I suppose the double lifetime warranty is unbeatable.

Unfortunately you cannot. I believe I read in a review that XFX is the only company to do it - but there are actually "Warranty void if removed" stickers on the screws holding the heatsink on.

Pretty lame - can't even replace the thermal paste without voiding warranty. Though I suppose the double lifetime warranty is unbeatable.

It is allowed in North America only. I forgot to mention that part, thanks for reminding me. The warranty stickers are only necessary if you are not in NA. The XFX rep has confirmed it about a month ago too, and it says it in the fine print.

Back