Please review the specs for my new computer

you could easily spend a third of what you show here and still get a damn fine machine. We just assumed by the items selected that your budget was rather modest and we built off that presumption. But you are 100% correct that saving money and staying off video games will leave you better off. Only you can make that decision.

The 920s I have seen are like $300 and the 920 is slower for gaming than the processor I choose.

uh, not quite sure where you get that 300 from, its 200 everywhere I see beside newegg...

also, 920 wont be slower for gaming than 860... they are pretty much the same thing beside 920 gives you less Turbo boost, which is quite useless from time to time...

just turn the HT off and OC up to 3.6G then you are good to go and crush everything you throw..

from my test, HT will effect only certain games, overall its like 1-2 fps difference.. not a big deal..

As far as Cases go I have a CM Cosmos 1000 and I love it. Granted right out the box it has some issues. For one it has terrible cable management, I mean it looks like it does but when you start to add things you see there is no room behind the mobo tray to route wires. Somebody screwed up big time in the design phase. But from what I have seen a few well placed cuts with a dremel should solve a lot of these issues. Once I move I plan on getting a dremel and making a few mods and rewiring my whole rig with longer sheethed cables.

As far as hardware goes you have a damn nice rig setup. The LGA-1366 boards gives you more room to play with down the line if you would want to grab a hex-core chip in the future.

I can't buy anything until after we close on this house but the day of close and the paper work is signed I will be getting this stuff.

Asus 5970
q9650
OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX120G
Haven't decided which cpu cooler yet.

Back