Please recommend me a backplate for quadro p6000

majic12

Limp Gawd
Bought a hp p6000 from ebay but for some reason it doesn't have a backplate.I know that HP tend to give these one(unlike the PNY) like the older Maxwell m6000 but I suspect the pascal ones don't have them for some reason?

I suspect that I will need a backplate for titan xp since that is the p6000.Just simple(probably metal or something) aesthetic backplate for me to place on the gpu.Its the first time for me looking for something like this and is unknown territory.
Not sure if a backplate for ref 1080 or 1080ti will work too. Something simple,maybe with holes for better dissipation?

(don't know if these include thermal pads or not needed)

Cheers guys

I suspect that I will need a backplate for titan xp

I think rather than a Titan Xp plate, you might actually need a GTX Titan X one (Maxwell series). The coolers on those Quadros look like last-gen designs, so the the screw holes might not line up with the ones on a Titan Xp board due to the redesigned shroud on the Pascal cards.

Not sure if this is the case or not, but you might want to check pictures of the PCBs of each card to see if there are any obvious discrepancies in those screw positions; that'll probably make searching for a plate much easier if you can figure out what generation layout you need.

I think rather than a Titan Xp plate, you might actually need a GTX Titan X one (Maxwell series). The coolers on those Quadros look like last-gen designs, so the the screw holes might not line up with the ones on a Titan Xp board due to the redesigned shroud on the Pascal cards.

Not sure if this is the case or not, but you might want to check pictures of the PCBs of each card to see if there are any obvious discrepancies in those screw positions; that'll probably make searching for a plate much easier if you can figure out what generation layout you need.

Thank you.Ive found a dude on ebay that can make me a custom one from 3mm thick plexiglass with a ¨¨holes pattern¨¨ and everything.But now I'm thinking another thing.If the p6000 was designed with no backplate in mind, does that mean I can overheat the gpu while using it?

Thank you.Ive found a dude on ebay that can make me a custom one from 3mm thick plexiglass with a ¨¨holes pattern¨¨ and everything.But now I'm thinking another thing.If the p6000 was designed with no backplate in mind, does that mean I can overheat the gpu while using it?

It depends on the design. Solid plates are almost universally bad, because they trap heat in the space between the plate and the PCB, but if it's a perforated/skeletonized design, it should be fine. Just remember to get at least some modest airflow pointed at the cards so that you can keep moving that warm air away from the back of the board and you won't have any problems.

I just double-checked our PNY P6000's here at work and I can confirm that these don't ship with a backplate. Just curious on why you're looking for one? Simply for aesthetics?

My guess is they don't ship with one to accommodate for SLI/multi-card setups. I dropped 2 of these in a case right next to each other (ordered a system with one, and a spare P6000 to upgrade an older M4000 in another machine) and with those massive coolers on them there was SO little room between each card, it sure looked like a backplate would damn near touch the other cards heatsink, effectively smothering the top one.

I know backplates aren't that thick, but it really was that close when I test-fit 2 of them in there, maybe a few mm at best.

Back