Please recommend email client alternative that can import Nescape 4.79 emails?!

Dance123

n00b
Hi,

I don't know if it's a bug, but my Netscape 4.79 mail crashes alot lately. I have never looked for an alternative before, but which stand alone email clients could you recommend that can perfectly import my NS 4.79 emails, is secure, and preferably has a similar interface. With similar interface I mean that I like the fact that in NS mail you can your layout so that your mail folders are top left, list of messages top right and the active message full width bottom. Is it true that with Outlook for example it's impossible to have your message full width of the screen (that the mail folders are always on the left)?!

Anyway, which email clients do you recommend that are similar to NS mail. Is Eudora a good choice? How is the layout as I explained above? Which others?

Thanks for all good suggestions!

I've heard great things about TheBat . I'm not familiar with it so I don't know if it has the features you want. Worth taking a look though.

I don't really know anything about Thunderbird's ability to import NS mail specifically, but it does have an import feature.

At one point I was using an older version of NS (4.6 or 4.7?) as my email client on a Mac. When I switched to PC last summer, I got Thunderbird, it's been great. I love how you can have multiple accts set up in it. The version of NS I had didn't allow for that, you had to go in and change all the info manually to check more than one acct. :(

I have been using this one for several years. It is easy to use, yet has endless possibilities. Best of all, it is secure because it doesn't rely on Microsoft to read html. It uses its own scripting.

PocoMail

Back