please recommend cheap usb speakers with reasonable volume

toast0

2[H]4U
Does anybody have a recommendation around $20 for usb speakers that just work? I have two sets of Logitech S150; one set works great, the other one is insanely loud; Equalizer APO set to -20 DB more or less works to get the volume to a reasonable level, but it gets deactivated from time to time, and it's really a pain (I should have returned the second set when I got it, but that was ages ago). I don't want powered 3.5mm speakers because they tend to pick up humming from somewhere.

Obviously, at $20, I'm not getting good audio quality, and that's fine.

Sorry, I thought you meant you didn't want 3.5 mm only speakers. They all sound great, I think.

The pebble speakers do sound decent for what they are. I have a set on my workshop pc, wife uses them on her gaming pc (she isnt as sound picky as me). But they are a major step up from built in monitor speakers for sure.

I went ahead and got a pair of the Pebble v1s, thanks! They seem good so far, and I'm not too picky. Kind of funny shaped, but it works, and the angle is nice.

FWIW, noticed some higher pitched noise coming from the speakers yesterday when the computer was otherwise silent and the volume knob was towards the middle of the range (would go away if the knob was turned lower or higher), plugging the power into a wall wart instead of the PC seems to have resolved that.

Back