Please Lord, Save Us from the FarmVille Movie

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Oh, the horror. Just think of the possibilities of taking a date or your family to Farmville: The Movie. I guess you sit there and watch the crops grow in 3-D, or maybe they will add in Smell-A-Vision to give that true farm experience. It’s no joke. Zynga is in negotiations for the production of a movie based on the Farmville game. Heaven help us :D

What does a FarmVille movie look like anyway? No doubt it’ll be a computer-animated feature (in 3D, of course!) incorporating the graphics and themes of the Facebook game.

I made this up a while ago when we couldn't block apps on FB and just replied back to every person who sent me a FarmVille gaming request with this rather poorly done image mod I did.. I even refused to use FB until I could block apps... HATE these stupid FB games!

Farmville Hate
4967065314_525313d842_b.jpg

I don't think one will even be worth pirating. I told my wife about it being a date movie, then I told her the name. Instantly went from smile to a WTF look.

The world needs this like another hole in the head. Heck, the world doesn't need farmville for that matter.
Half of the movie will probably be *click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click...*
What story could they possibly think up that would make farmville a movie?

Time to join the Heaven's Gate cult, the end times are here.

good grief

this civilization is in a state of terminal decline

Which will suck worse.. the Farmville or the Angry Birds movie? Does Rotten Tomatoes give out negative scores?

I read the title of the thread as the "Farmville Move." I then though, oh no, it's coming to Google+.

The movie industry must be really desperate for ideas to resort to this:eek:

So long as there is a back story about some pot growers, then I can see it being okay.

Other then this, WTF?

I suggest that they make the movie about a group of Farmville addicts who interact via the game and Facebook but never actually leave their homes. They can spend time on how insular and isolating it is. Could be ok, but we all know they'll just make some POS that's set IN the world of Farmville.

yawn... whatever. Captain Obvious knows that everything that's made in this day and age is about Name Recognition, and there is no significance whatsoever to whatever story they are going to pin on this thing.

Just ignore it like 99% of the rest of the horse**** that gets shoveled out.

Well it can't be much worse than battleship, the movie based on the board game. The plot of that game? Two identical fleets of ships doesn't move and shoots at each other until one side loses all of their ships.

Man... if I'd had $90 when that one came up, I'd have snatched it up. I should look into the rights for other board games.

Freecell.... in theaters 2013.

I almost wish I was a farmer in real life. Put a sign out by my farm, "Farmville, in 3D. NO glasses needed!". I could make so much money...

Well it can't be much worse than battleship, the movie based on the board game. The plot of that game? Two identical fleets of ships doesn't move and shoots at each other until one side loses all of their ships.

Man... if I'd had $90 when that one came up, I'd have snatched it up. I should look into the rights for other board games.

Freecell.... in theaters 2013.

That isn't what the movie is about it's about a fleet of marines getting stuck inside of a bubble and being attacked by a group of aliens you know just like the game..... Wait it's nothing like the game other that there is a battle with ships :p

Back