Please help identify this monitor

It's from the movie, Love Actually. I haven't been able to find out who makes that monitor or if there is a comparable stand like that.

Thanks

monitor2.jpg

monitor1.jpg

monitor3.jpg

EDIT: Come to think of it, that keyboard looks almost looks IBM made. Monitor could be the same.

That would be an Sony SDM-N80 18" LCD.I know because I had one and really liked it,it's an beautiful LCD.

Chris

Chris, is the stand VESA 100 compliant? I love the stand more than anything else, and 18" is a little small. I've a 19" Samsung, but most 20 and 23" should also be VESA 100 as well.

Did SONY release any bigger versions? It really is a sweet monitor, but after checking out some prices on Google, it is grossly overpriced for a 18" monitor, which some sites still advertise for $1600 !

Not sure about the VESA,but I believe 18.1" was as big as they got.The cheapest I found it at is around $780,but I don't know how good the retailer is.

I have an samsung 193P and to be honest I can't tell that it's 1" bigger then the Sony and it cost about the same.The Sony has some advantages over the Samsung,like it has an 85Mhz refresh rate and the automatic light sensor that detects the ambient lighting in the room and adjusts for it automatically is nice.It has true color like the 193P,but the response time is a bit slower and the viewing angle isn't as good.All in all it was a very nice monitor and I miss it,the only reason I bought the Samsung is because my son scratched the coating on it and I thought a 19" LCD would make a difference,which it didn't really.

Chris

Back