Please help! I have an issue with a Steam/Origin game!

VOID93

n00b
Hello all, I will cut right to the chase. I bought my girlfriend the premium editions of both Battlefields 4 and 1. I did this through steam and so she had to link her Origin account after the fact to play with me, I purchased the games on origin originally. Battlefield 1 works flawlessly but battlefield 4 does not. For whatever reason, Steam and Origin seem to disagree about whether or not she actually owns premium. Both launchers display the game and title card of "Battlefield 4 Premium Edition" but after clicking install in the steam launcher and completing the installation, the origin launcher still only has the "download" option available. For reference, BF1 installed through Steam just fine and can be launched from both platforms. When you click play in Steam, the game will launch as the NON premium edition and will glitch and crash the moment she enters a game. In the "store" tab in the game all of the DLC's say OWNED though. She cannot even launch the game from the Origin launcher as the only option available is, again, just "download." When you click it it errors out and says "Battlefield 4 Premium Edition is not installed on this PC, please install it." I am at my wits end with this nonsense. I can prove that I purchased the game and its premium content. I gifted it to her on Steam not too long ago. It even REGISTERS as the premium edition but she can not access those items in game and the entire thing just seems to be corrupted and buggy. I tried validating local files TWICE, both before and after a total uninstallation and reinstallation. Nothing has worked. I am not sure what to do about this. Does anybody have any suggestions? Has anybody had any issues with such things before? I would love some help.

Thanks!!

Hello all, I will cut right to the chase. I bought my girlfriend the premium editions of both Battlefields 4 and 1. I did this through steam and so she had to link her Origin account after the fact to play with me, I purchased the games on origin originally. Battlefield 1 works flawlessly but battlefield 4 does not. For whatever reason, Steam and Origin seem to disagree about whether or not she actually owns premium. Both launchers display the game and title card of "Battlefield 4 Premium Edition" but after clicking install in the steam launcher and completing the installation, the origin launcher still only has the "download" option available. For reference, BF1 installed through Steam just fine and can be launched from both platforms. When you click play in Steam, the game will launch as the NON premium edition and will glitch and crash the moment she enters a game. In the "store" tab in the game all of the DLC's say OWNED though. She cannot even launch the game from the Origin launcher as the only option available is, again, just "download." When you click it it errors out and says "Battlefield 4 Premium Edition is not installed on this PC, please install it." I am at my wits end with this nonsense. I can prove that I purchased the game and its premium content. I gifted it to her on Steam not too long ago. It even REGISTERS as the premium edition but she can not access those items in game and the entire thing just seems to be corrupted and buggy. I tried validating local files TWICE, both before and after a total uninstallation and reinstallation. Nothing has worked. I am not sure what to do about this. Does anybody have any suggestions? Has anybody had any issues with such things before? I would love some help.

Thanks!!

Have you tried uninstalling and doing the install via origin?

Yeah, but since it was purchased ON steam, it just launches the steam client and does it through there anyway. Really annoying.

Not to my knowledge no she did not. It seems like, even when the game is installed via steam and appears under the steamapps folder, origin can not see the installation. It does not know. I will try these solutions.
Hello everyone! I found the solution. Turns out that Battlefield 3 must be governed by some other Drive checking system. Her Steam directory and Origin directory were in different drives. Apparently this was NOT a problem for newer games like Battlefield 1 but it IS a problem for older games like Battlefield 4. If anybody else sees this thread and is having the same problem. UNINSTALL YOUR GAME, DELETE THE CACHE FOLDERS FOR BOTH ORIGIN AND STEAM, THEN INSTALL BATTLEFIELD ON THE SAME DRIVE IN BOTH ORIGIN AND STEAM.

FYI there currently seems to be an issue with older EA games on Steam that people are talking about. The games fail to authenticate and then ask for a CD key. It appears to be a side effect of EA removing CD keys from Steam in order to combat an exploit people were using with EA Play.

https://old.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/lupz6l/beware_dont_buy_old_ea_games_on_steam_dead_space/
Hello everyone! I found the solution. Turns out that Battlefield 3 must be governed by some other Drive checking system. Her Steam directory and Origin directory were in different drives. Apparently this was NOT a problem for newer games like Battlefield 1 but it IS a problem for older games like Battlefield 4. If anybody else sees this thread and is having the same problem. UNINSTALL YOUR GAME, DELETE THE CACHE FOLDERS FOR BOTH ORIGIN AND STEAM, THEN INSTALL BATTLEFIELD ON THE SAME DRIVE IN BOTH ORIGIN AND STEAM.
FWIW I can't launch BF3 from Origin owning the game on Origin. I have to go to Battlelog manually in my web browser, log in, and launch the game from there.

Back