Please Don't Use USPS, They Are Now Throwing Out Packages

The one from NC shipped today and is due the 8th. We shall see if it arrives on time.

EDIT: The NC package is in my state, and is on track. The GA package is due the 9th and is in transit.

EDIT 2: The NC package is in my city and looks to be delivered on time. The GA package is in transit from a state over, and is on track. Word from a friend who gets a few packages delivered reguarily says most of the trouble now is in mail coming from one coast to the other.

EDIT 3: I have both packages. The GA one was a day early!

Last edited:
The one from NC shipped today and is due the 8th. We shall see if it arrives on time.

EDIT: The NC package is in my state, and is on track. The GA package is due the 9th and is in transit.

EDIT 2: The NC package is in my city and looks to be delivered on time. The GA package is in transit from a state over, and is on track. Word from a friend who gets a few packages delivered reguarily says most of the trouble now is in mail coming from one coast to the other.
Seems to me, aside from the brief nationwide snow interruption of just about everything, shipping seems back on track, again. All my deliveries are on time or early. Bought a MB off the forum, shipped corner to corner (FL to WA) and it arrived ahead of estimate without any handling scuffs.

All of my Amazon packages have finally been on time. Most usually go USPS during the final shipping step. So thats a good sign. I havent been courageous enough to order anything important that was shipped USPS exclusively yet.

Must be a bug in their logistics software causing it to go in a circle lol...

March 21, 2021, 6:04 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 20, 2021, 1:59 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
SAINT LOUIS MO NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 20, 2021, 7:01 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

March 19, 2021, 7:24 pm
CLEVELAND OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 19, 2021, 7:48 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46242

March 19, 2021, 2:43 am
SAINT LOUIS MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 18, 2021, 3:48 pm

March 17, 2021, 10:48 am
Departed Post Office
COFFEEN, IL 62017

March 17, 2021, 10:37 am
USPS in possession of item
COFFEEN, IL 62017

March 16, 2021, 11:46 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
BINGHAM, IL 62011

Arrived at USPS Facility
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46242

Departed Post Office
COFFEEN, IL 62017

COFFEEN, IL 62017

BINGHAM, IL 62011
its a "feature"

Another issue with USPS. Had ordered a lense from adorama, and they shipped UPS with USPS for final delivery. UPS dropped it off at the PO by me on the 11th. It then said at USPS out for delivery by 9PM. After 9PM that status was removed and changed to "acceptance pending".
After the weekend I thought it would come by Monday and it didn't. So I went on the 16th to see what's going on and if I could just grab it. The clerk goes in the back for ten minutes and comes back and says UPS never delivered it, they just had digitally received the label for it.
I called UPS and they said it was delivered to then on the 11th like the tracking showed.

Next morning on the 17th USPS put it in my mailbox. She had to of lied to me instead of just saying she couldn't or didn't want to find it.

Another issue with USPS. Had ordered a lense from adorama, and they shipped UPS with USPS for final delivery. UPS dropped it off at the PO by me on the 11th. It then said at USPS out for delivery by 9PM. After 9PM that status was removed and changed to "acceptance pending".
After the weekend I thought it would come by Monday and it didn't. So I went on the 16th to see what's going on and if I could just grab it. The clerk goes in the back for ten minutes and comes back and says UPS never delivered it, they just had digitally received the label for it.
I called UPS and they said it was delivered to then on the 11th like the tracking showed.

Next morning on the 17th USPS put it in my mailbox. She had to of lied to me instead of just saying she couldn't or didn't want to find it.
I not proof of this, but I think USPS is having issues with getting hacked as it seems like their systems are screwed up. And the clerk was relying on that, then they would be telling you basically all they know. UPS has also been slacking because they will say something has been signed for delivery when it hasn't. USPS is doing the same thing. The whole point behind tracking has now been lost for most packages. :(

things have gotten much better for me regarding tracking and packages showing up on time over the last couple of weeks (knock on wood). YAY for you USPS keep it up!

on the other-hand ive now learned that DHL is absolutely pathetic in every regard. i paid for 2 day shipping last Tuesday and met the processing deadline to make sure it shipped that day (cost more than the friggin part of course). had to replace a coolant temp sensor and couldnt source it anywhere locally other than junkyards. it took 8 days to go from Indiana to Ohio...sigh. i could have driven there and picked it up myself. hell i would have! absolutely useless carrier. oh and tracking HA! what a joke. they dont update during the day at all, period. rather it will only update at like 3 or 4am if at all. i called and got my shipping reimbursed but obviously it didnt change the fact that they fucked me around. a few days prior i ordered a t shirt from Tennessee that took more than 2 weeks to get here. it was one of those deals where they dont tell you the carrier until you receive the shipping email. i didnt really care being that it was just a t shirt but cmon 2 weeks? snail mail is faster lol. needless to say DHL wont get anymore of my business.

DHL's overnight domestic service used to be airborne express and I believe is still pretty decent, but their package service used to be RPS, which sucked even when it was RPS, lol. They were decent in our area when I was evaluating them for a lot of regular shipping, but ultimately they weren't as good as UPS.

And generally DHL is awesome for international, but if you mess up on the form and have a third world dumphole customs agent who is just trying to milk money out of your, you're going to get royally screwed. I had some time sensitive docs that made it to the country on time, but because of some things I filled out incorrectly on the shipping forms (their instructions weren't very clear on declared value/insurance for letters), it ended up being treated as an expensive package without proper customs paperworks. And after I sent in the paperwork they wanted, it was going to be an additional $400 to get my letter delivered, which was now late anyways and useless. The foreign DHL customs agents kept badgering me about the money, but I was already done with it. Finally 2 months later they shipped the documents back after tearing them open and seeing if there was anything they could use. I hate third world countries and their rife corruption--makes it tough for anyone trying to do legit business to play straight.

DHL's overnight domestic service used to be airborne express and I believe is still pretty decent, but their package service used to be RPS, which sucked even when it was RPS, lol. They were decent in our area when I was evaluating them for a lot of regular shipping, but ultimately they weren't as good as UPS.

And generally DHL is awesome for international, but if you mess up on the form and have a third world dumphole customs agent who is just trying to milk money out of your, you're going to get royally screwed. I had some time sensitive docs that made it to the country on time, but because of some things I filled out incorrectly on the shipping forms (their instructions weren't very clear on declared value/insurance for letters), it ended up being treated as an expensive package without proper customs paperworks. And after I sent in the paperwork they wanted, it was going to be an additional $400 to get my letter delivered, which was now late anyways and useless. The foreign DHL customs agents kept badgering me about the money, but I was already done with it. Finally 2 months later they shipped the documents back after tearing them open and seeing if there was anything they could use. I hate third world countries and their rife corruption--makes it tough for anyone trying to do legit business to play straight.
Ugh ive been trying to stick with UPS exclusively due to all of the issues with USPS and FedEx this last year.
you know now that you mention it, ive used their international shipping quite a few times through aliexpress and never had a problem. i never ordered more than $50 or $60 worth of gear because i didnt really trust the aliexpress vendors vs DHL tho. note to self domestic DHL=big ol turd, international = maybe not so bad lol.
$400 to deliver a letter...wow. did they happen to mention any Nigerian princes while they were at it?!

Ugh ive been trying to stick with UPS exclusively due to all of the issues with USPS and FedEx this last year.
you know now that you mention it, ive used their international shipping quite a few times through aliexpress and never had a problem. i never ordered more than $50 or $60 worth of gear because i didnt really trust the aliexpress vendors vs DHL tho. note to self domestic DHL=big ol turd, international = maybe not so bad lol.
$400 to deliver a letter...wow. did they happen to mention any Nigerian princes while they were at it?!
DHL definitely knows their way around the international mess, but when things go wrong, a late or mistracked domestic package is a cakewalk compared to the mess that happens in international.

I originally put $400 because that's about how much of my time it was going to take to redo all the documents if they messed it up. But apparently that's not insurance, but a declared value, which triggers customs and makes this a 'package' and not a 'letter'. Of course once the destination country and customs found this opportunity to extort, they went full tilt thinking I would cave. But it got to a point where they could have just burned the whole thing and I would have cared less. Now I have to see if they tried to charge me for sending the useless docs back to me.

I got one stuck in a similar loop now, bouncing from Pittsburg to warrandale and back repeatedly.
The one I had stuck in a loop seems to have now vanished. Contacted the seller to see if they'll make it right.

Arrived at USPS Facility
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46242

Departed Post Office
COFFEEN, IL 62017

COFFEEN, IL 62017

BINGHAM, IL 62011

Mine has now left MEMPHIS and on its way to PITTSBURGH even though my distribution center is CLEVELAND.

Gotta love it.

Of course I think its all part of that incompetent Postmaster General's plan to destroy the USPS so it can be sold/go private.

It would be pretty trivial to mess up all the USPS routes by going in and putting in random data for all the weights on the shortest path algorithms and produce the same issue. Mail is an essential part of commerce in the US--would be a nice way for an enemy to F us all up and make us bicker among ourselves. Some food for thought. ;)

I recently chose to pay more for FedEx over USPS for some bullets I ordered, due to all these complaints.

Mine has now left MEMPHIS and on its way to PITTSBURGH even though my distribution center is CLEVELAND.

Gotta love it.

Of course I think its all part of that incompetent Postmaster General's plan to destroy the USPS so it can be sold/go private.
I agree. The man just oozes scumbaggery. I have a package that's stuck in Nashville. The one I sent out a day prior made it through the same distribution center overnight, but mine gets held on to for now going on three days. I pray mine isn't held there as long as yours is, I have some very expensive things coming in that package.

Last edited:
FWIW USPS got my GPU RMA to EVGA in CA promptly. Also an item I bought from a seller in Wisconsin arrived in Houston via USPS without drama.

Well I ordered a new water block and it has been stuck for almost a week.

Last edited:
Finally it is out for delivery as of this morning. I ordered the block on the 8th and it was stuck at the distribution centers for several days at a time. Original deliver day was suppose to be the 12th.

I not proof of this, but I think USPS is having issues with getting hacked as it seems like their systems are screwed up. And the clerk was relying on that, then they would be telling you basically all they know. UPS has also been slacking because they will say something has been signed for delivery when it hasn't. USPS is doing the same thing. The whole point behind tracking has now been lost for most packages. :(

From what I've seen first hand, it's more that many USPS offices and hubs are grossly overloaded with so many packages that they've just broken down and many employees have just given up. I've known several of the ladies at my local USPS office for decades and never have they looked so bad as they have this entire last year. They're beat down, demoralized and exhausted from getting literally truckloads of packages in the front door for months on end, and they can't hire enough help. The times I went to the post office, literally half of the lobby was overflowing with drop off packages and people in the back were having to wade through them. It does look like the insane package frenzy has slowed down in the last couple of months though as the economy opened back up down here. Another big help is that Amazon opened another local warehouse with a fleet of delivery vans, which has eased up on other carriers.

I've asked them about the packages bouncing back and forth between hubs several times (as some of my packages have done the same) and their answer was basically that there was not enough room to unload them so they left them on the trucks until enough stuff was moved out that they could accept more. This unfortunately has increased the number of lost packages though, like the dreaded "disposed of by USPS". I've lost several things in shipping because of this, very irritating.

I recently chose to pay more for FedEx over USPS for some bullets I ordered, due to all these complaints.
Good luck, but you still might have problems. Some Fedex shipments of firearms and/or ammo have gone missing in some places:

I personally have had no issues with ammo and Fedex though.

Good luck, but you still might have problems. Some Fedex shipments of firearms and/or ammo have gone missing in some places:

I personally have had no issues with ammo and Fedex though.

Other than the address of the shipper (Natchez), there was no way anyone could tell that there were bullets in the box. Barnes packages all their loose rounds with foam, so they may as well have been bricks instead of boxes of bullets.

My daughter sold an SNES Super Scope (complete w/box) back in February on Mercari. USPS kept showing the package was delayed, and will arrive later than normal.

Long story short, she ended up filing a claim w/USPS. They sent her a check the next week (after two months of the website showing a delay). She refunded the buyer on Mercari.

Another package in limbo!

May 3, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

April 29, 2021, 9:05 pm
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

They need to oust this incompetent Postmaster General already and get this shit turned around. I could care less about my package, but it's also hurting slot of businesses as checks and bills are being lost or extremely late as well.

I've been having a lot of issues with USPS over the last year or so, and it keeps getting worse. A few transactions I've had with people on here have been delayed or ran into issues, and now I ordered an SSD on NewEgg, who shipped it UPS but then was handed off to USPS for final delivery. Look at this tracking.
It sucks UPS and FedEx don't have anything like first class mail for small items, but I don't care I am not going to ship with USPS anymore.

Funny how they started doing this when Biden got in.

Another package in limbo!

May 3, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

April 29, 2021, 9:05 pm
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

They need to oust this incompetent Postmaster General already and get this shit turned around. I could care less about my package, but it's also hurting slot of businesses as checks and bills are being lost or extremely late as well.
Give USPS some time. They need to comb through your entire social media history before they decide if you're worthy of their service or not. ;)

Back