Please Don't Use USPS, They Are Now Throwing Out Packages

Things have largely returned to normal for me. Fedex, UPS, and even USPS are pretty close to on-time deliveries.

Fark usps. Most packages I ship and receive are on a 3+ week time table. Ordered something December 10 and still waiting.

Same here - Dec 7th shipped, last update Dec 17th. Have another piece of mail one week behind that, both stuck at the same facility (which was not a facility I've ever had anything go through before, oddly enough...)

I'm still waiting on a package from the 2nd of December to show up. On the 10th of this month it finally says the package is arriving late. No duh it's arriving late.

Thank goodness I used UPS last Friday...shipped 3 day business and will arrive in 3 business days...wow

this has me worried i have a expensive package on way $1000 worth cpu motherboard and 64gb ram hasn't moved since 31st of December.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210112-151032_Shop.jpg
    Screenshot_20210112-151032_Shop.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 0
Good to hear. I have packages that have to go out.
I think I have one going out soon too. From Illinois to Michigan took 4 days minus the Sunday. After reading about all the horror stories here I guess I am lucky.

you guys are getting stuff on time???
USPS here is MORE THAN 2 weeks out.
FEDEX is about 2 - 3 days out, or never.
UPS deliveries on time mostly.

reality update:

there's billions of packages being shipped daily now since COVID hit. Whenever a box causes the conveyer to jam up and the boxes start to look like a log jam do you know what they do. They get the "hood" toss it like a fishing hook on a line and bam!!! if your box id the one so be it. Sometimes it's just a hole in the box, other times it's bad news.

I'm in New Mexico and I order on Amazon and eBay and often it comes a day early from what is posted on the tracking. Why some of you see 2 week delay I dun know ... maybe you live in a large City?

reality update:

there's billions of packages being shipped daily now since COVID hit. Whenever a box causes the conveyer to jam up and the boxes start to look like a log jam do you know what they do. They get the "hood" toss it like a fishing hook on a line and bam!!! if your box id the one so be it. Sometimes it's just a hole in the box, other times it's bad news.

I'm in New Mexico and I order on Amazon and eBay and often it comes a day early from what is posted on the tracking. Why some of you see 2 week delay I dun know ... maybe you live in a large City?

small town, 10x more cows than people. we feed you. if it is not related to that, it is not important. (and in the way)
i have had USPS deliver stuff that had tire tracks across it, and it wasn't just an envelope. (though i could do the return in an envelope, saving me money)
FEDEX fairly regularly delivers stuff somewhere, but not to me.
UPS...on average 3 days after expected.

I think I have one going out soon too. From Illinois to Michigan took 4 days minus the Sunday. After reading about all the horror stories here I guess I am lucky.

I just cross-traded video cards with a guy on the West coast. He had his card in two days and I had mine in four. Definitely much improved from a month ago.

The USPS priority package that was sent to me on the 2nd of December finally arrived today.

this has me worried i have a expensive package on way $1000 worth cpu motherboard and 64gb ram hasn't moved since 31st of December.
hopefully insured. 3 of my packages were hanging out in miami for a couple of weeks without movement.

this will be nearly 15 days sitting around hopefully it starts moving soon would love to get this build off the ground its going to one of the very last i can build as prices are going way up for shipping tarrifs are kicking in and canada post is putting in some restrictions so this effectively kills the hobby lol.

My package race has been determined in a weird way. The cpu/board from F/S arrived this morning as a surprise. The tracking information had been sitting at "label created" for a whole week and (given this thread) I figured it had been an appropriately long enough time to wait before contacting the seller to make sure all was well. I pulled up the tracking one last time and it had two new entries of being at my post office and out for delivery (and now I have it). Nothing in the middle. At least it's Saturday so it wasn't handled by my fuckwit weekday driver and actually made it to the house!

My Newegg package, on the other hand, has detailed tracking information, arrived at the post office 3 hours earlier than the other one, is still slated to be delivered by tonight, but wasn't added to the mail truck.

WTF?

i got my 850w Evga G5 outa nowere shipping app says its still in BC, lol today the cpu arrives and i can fire up the dark hero board, my other set of parts the 9900k,hero wifi z390, 64gb ram, has moved and is on the way ill post on build.gg when arrives.

I ordered something last Friday via standard shipping best method. They've always used USPS but this time they chose UPS and it will be delivered Thursday...wow

just pray your pack don't travel through central p.a, packages like to chill in Harrisburg for a few extra weeks.... had 2 separate orders originate in memphis, spent 2 extra weeks cold chilling in Harrisburg, tracking says late and en route to its dest.... im in phila 6 hours away.. two weeks extra like clockwork, both...

mine was stuck in Miami for nearly a month but its enroute im sure itll get hung up at the border and or customs. hope it arrives in 1 peice lol.

stuff I dropped off at the post office 5 weeks ago that wasn't given an origin scan at the post office still hasn't gotten scanned anywhere else in their system. I've issued refunds and put in mail search requests to have them returned to me if they ever turn up. Probably properly lost at this point; everything else I've dropped off (at that same post office) has gotten where it needed to go.

usps is worse than ever right now. even had a driver roll up, run up to the door to put a missed delivery tag on and drive off, never even walked the package up to the door to attempt delivery, I was home and even caught it on camera. asshats..

THIS, has been happening allot of late,at least three times in the past month~ with USPS and once with Purolator.

Most of my stuff caught up late last week and yesterday we received 7 packages, all USPS. They delivered on MLK day, which I was not expecting. I do have one package still in the wind that was shipped on 1/6 and is stuck in a remote post office in my state and has been sitting there since 1/12. No idea what is going on with it, but it will arrive at some point I believe.

I've not had any issues with UPS or FedEx, I even got a FedEx ground delivery this past Sunday when it was actually due on Monday.

USPS is complete garbage and they are using the time of year and the pandemic as an excuse for their piss poor service.
I think you can blame the man in charge at USPS... He has done so much damage..

Postmaster is a idiot.
He messed up this PO so bad. He is running it like a business but it is a service to the people!
He cut 1/3 automated letter sorter machines. One machine breaks one city looses mail for day.
Implamented a crazy Automated in houes tugger system ( broken 3/4 of time). They need twice the workes need some one at end to scan and start scan plus it only drops mail in centeral location. Someone has to move from there.

Now HE want to make 1 class mail like standard 5 day delivery.

I have never seen this mess is 20 plus years there . sad indead. :(:(

Had a friend send me a brand new xfx rx5700xt that he got almost a year ago and didn’t use. Usps lost the package, bought a 2080ti from someone here in November and usps lost the package.
Ill never ship anything thru them again. Every item I’ve sent thru ups has gotten where its going on time unless it’s a severe weather delay.

Had a friend send me a brand new xfx rx5700xt that he got almost a year ago and didn’t use. Usps lost the package, bought a 2080ti from someone here in November and usps lost the package.
Ill never ship anything thru them again. Every item I’ve sent thru ups has gotten where its going on time unless it’s a severe weather delay.

Something fishy is going on me thinks.

I've sent hundreds.. probably more like over 1,000 packages over the past few years. Not a single one was lost due to USPS. Had one get lost for a while overseas due to customs rejecting it.. but it did eventually make it's way back to me.

Then again, I know how to package and label stuff so there is that.

My guess is:
1. Items not packaged properly
2. Labels were not applied properly or were only taped onto the packages using the outside edges of the printed paper label. That is just asking for trouble because if the label gets damaged, you will never see the package get to where it is supposed to go.
3. Those dumb clear plastic label envelopes were used and the enveloped got damaged and the package got lost
4. Postal worker stole packages

USPS has been golden for me for 10+ years, including this past holiday season and right now with the weather situation in the midwest.

FedEx on the other hand is killing me right now. I have two packages that have been stuck at the Memphis hub the past week because it has been shut down due to weather.

Been leaning more on UPS because I’ve had some packages mysteriously take weeks when it should be days. Nothing lost, yet (knock on wood).

I have had absolutely 0 issues with priority mail even through pandemic. I really don't think Priority mail was ever effected. Regular mail was being put on the back burner. If you use priority should have no issues. Heck packages have been actually delivering faster lol.

I have had absolutely 0 issues with priority mail even through pandemic. I really don't think Priority mail was ever effected. Regular mail was being put on the back burner. If you use priority should have no issues. Heck packages have been actually delivering faster lol.
Ive had the opposite experience. None of my priority packages have been on time while regular mail is usually spot on. Many priority packages have been weeks late. Recently they have only been 5 or 6 days late. I like many no longer use the postal service if at all possible. I think it depends greatly on the region your in and or where they are coming from. Anything coming to me has been several days to weeks late but packages ive shipped are usually only a few days behind. Hopefully things smooth out as time goes on.

I started looking at not-USPS for international shipments (I sell records) and my dear lord, its $150 to send 2 LPs to Spain (via UPS). Anyone have any intl suggestions?

The current (hopefully soon-to-be-replaced) postmaster is decidedly pushing for privatization of the Postal Service, much like they started doing in the UK a few years back. They're effectively hollowing out distribution and delivery networks hoping the fallout will garner public support for privatization. Large private contractors will then swoop in the pick up the pieces. This is EXACTLY how they did it in the UK, in fact.

As an American who watched the UK transition to a largely privatized Royal Mail, believe you me, you don't want this. Higher prices, convoluted and offshored service, out/in-sourced/low-paid workforce is the outcome -- and not a red cent saved for the taxpayer.

Last edited:
mine finally arrived took 52 days from date it was picked up by them. then when it got here they tried delivering to wrong address im not sure if this is canada border trying to give packages away or usps, but this is the 5th time the address changed while in transport. had to call local post office to get the driver to contact me so i could find my packages,

I started looking at not-USPS for international shipments (I sell records) and my dear lord, its $150 to send 2 LPs to Spain (via UPS). Anyone have any intl suggestions?
Don't use DHL...my 5-day delivery letter is sitting for the 48th+ day in customs and now they want to extort $400 out of me to have it delivered. F that. I can re-print the documents and hand deliver them next month.

It is interesting to read all the various levels of delivery and delays across all the carriers. For the most part I've always preferred UPS since we have an account with them, but Fedex has also been decent. As far as mail delivery, it has not been right now for over a month, and this is detrimental to the entire backbone of the country as most legal notices, etc, still come via mail.

USPS needs to stop trying to compete with packages with UPS and Fedex--that game should never have started with a public service competing with private enterprise. Go back to delivering mail and do packages as you need to price them to not lose money (just the same as any other service). If the bulk of packages migrates to other carriers, that's fine since the PO is supposed to be reliable for mail.

Otherwise, there is an opportunity here for UPS to start delivering mail and as good as they are at everything else (at least in my area), I would see them killing off the PO with superior service.

I've had mixed success with USPS so far.
Right now I have a package from Britain that shows it's been in my city for 2+ weeks. I don't know why they don't send it... give me my PIII 1000/133 Slot 1 CPU already!

Edit: Finally came in. It was fine.

Last edited:
I'm about to have two packages sent to me in Michigan, one from North Carolina and another from Georgia (with one going back), I'll post on my experiences.

Back