Please Don't Use USPS, They Are Now Throwing Out Packages

Cecil

Supreme [H]ardness
I've been having a lot of issues with USPS over the last year or so, and it keeps getting worse. A few transactions I've had with people on here have been delayed or ran into issues, and now I ordered an SSD on NewEgg, who shipped it UPS but then was handed off to USPS for final delivery. Look at this tracking.
It sucks UPS and FedEx don't have anything like first class mail for small items, but I don't care I am not going to ship with USPS anymore.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201211-121621_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201211-121621_Chrome.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 0
That is insane!!!

Disposed? wtf.

Can that constitute as mail fraud?

You would think!

I shipped a motherboard out about a month ago and it was damaged when it arrived to the buyer. Luckily I had insurance on the package and now dealing with them on that. Taking forever!

I've had several USPS deliveries delayed the past six months. Tracking is awful. Their system won't show acceptance of packages, despite retailer CS reps telling me items have been shipped. Then magically it gets updated days or WEEKS later. It's a mess.

Last edited:
I've been mostly using UPS lately. Sometimes it's more than USPS sometimes it's not. But no issues so far.
Hopefully everyone in the FS section will understand that one, shipping prices have gone up a lot lately, and two, to ship a well packed item through UPS is going to likely be more than elsewhere. I generally list my items priced as shipped and with fees included.

It's a shit show right now for any carrier. With USPS, I'm usually lucky enough that I can use eBay's insurance (which you absolutely must do - sure, take the $50 "built in" insurance USPS provides, but the eBay insurance is no questions asked protection for sellers) so no issues.

I have several high profile items in the system right now (PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Xbox One, games) and they're super delayed via USPS. But they'll get there. If not, insurance will back me.

USPS is complete garbage and they are using the time of year and the pandemic as an excuse for their piss poor service.
Exactly this. We have a long running tally of complaints to our local postmaster who profusely apologizes but there isn't anything he can do.
I remember when small flat rate boxes were under $5. It's almost $10 now?
and they still can't deliver a damn thing properly. I'll pay any amount to avoid USPS when shipping something if I can.

It's a shit show right now for any carrier. With USPS, I'm usually lucky enough that I can use eBay's insurance (which you absolutely must do - sure, take the $50 "built in" insurance USPS provides, but the eBay insurance is no questions asked protection for sellers) so no issues.

I have several high profile items in the system right now (PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Xbox One, games) and they're super delayed via USPS. But they'll get there. If not, insurance will back me.
You mean the shipcover insurance? How was your experience dealing with them?

Op, did you contact Newegg? Curious what the response was.

Yes, sorry. ShipCover. It has been great - I have only used it when I am the buyer. I send a pic of damage, buyer has the insurance, says F it full refund and we both walk away happy.

I ship everything I sell via eBay with signature required and full value ShipCover insurance - complete peace of mind that way.

Yes, sorry. ShipCover. It has been great - I have only used it when I am the buyer. I send a pic of damage, buyer has the insurance, says F it full refund and we both walk away happy.

I ship everything I sell via eBay with signature required and full value ShipCover insurance - complete peace of mind that way.
I'll start using them. I thought using a third party for insurance would take longer for claims but I'll give it a shot. I heard usps claims can take months.

I'll start using them. I thought using a third party for insurance would take longer for claims but I'll give it a shot. I heard usps claims can take months.
It's like instant. Yes, USPS is horrible. You will get paid on your insurance claim, but it is months as you said.

I mean the rates have skyrocketed. Not happy about that but if that's cost of shipping so be it but you cannot jack pricing through the roof and then not deliver. That is not a pun in any way I mean they don't freaking deliver.

I own a business and have been in the same spot for 30 years. For over a year now we are lucky if we get our mail. We literally can go days without mail and then all of sudden our mailbox is so full you can't close it. This is a business and we HAVE to get our mail in and out timely. I get that people are tired, frustrated, overworked, underpaid (and no postal workers are not underpaid at least the ones I know make very good money and have full benefits), underappreciated, unloved, unthanked etc etc etc but you have to do your job. If you don't or won't then quit and let them hire someone who will. For years USPS attitude has been terrible and service mediocre but for the most part the stuff got there and in a decent amount of time. Now its like who gives a damn and screw you for even being upset that your $700 video card which had to come from 400 miles away has been sitting in a damn PO station for a week that is an hour from you and never should have been there in the first place. Then when you call you are give some lame ass excuse that well its that time of year and we get a lot of packages.

If I said that to my tax clients hey its that time of year we get a lot of returns to do so GTFO do you think I would still be in business.

Whatever I am just annoyed at this whole thing. Shipping costs are just so high now and service so poor its not worth this mess. I am fairly certain once I get rid of the things I need to sell off I am done with it all. UPS and Fedex aren't much better but at least I actually get my packages from them. With USPS it is 100% a gamble whether or not you will get your stuff.

Rant over thanks for listening.

Last edited:
USPS is garbage as of late. I shipped out a Switch on the 30th, took them 2 days to scan it in and the buyer still hasn't received it. It is marked as "arriving late" since the 7th. I'm also awaiting the shipment of a PS5 (on another forum) that is marked as "pre-shipment" on the 2nd that I haven't received. No more using USPS for me. Fortunately I shipped the switch with insurance and supposedly the PS5 was insured too.

They opened a claim and said I should have a reply in a day or two.
I ended up ordering a different ssd that shipped three days after that one, and got here three days before this one.

Also found out a thank you card I sent to my grandmother in October only got there yesterday.

Last edited:
usps is worse than ever right now. I normally had decent luck with them but even my regular mail delivery is awful, late, no shows, even had a driver roll up, run up to the door to put a missed delivery tag on and drive off, never even walked the package up to the door to attempt delivery, I was home and even caught it on camera. asshats..

I guess I have been lucky. USPS has been OK - but yeah, delays all over. It is Christmas, it's a pandemic...so just think about the sheer scale of how many packages are out there. Most houses use online shopping today versus one year ago where the amount was significantly less. It's nuts.

I just got off the phone with Newegg and had to put in claims for two items I ordered 4 days ago that have not moved an inch- not even in transit yet- and Newegg shows them as shipped.

This same order is having real problems with a company called OnTrac. UPS stuff is on time but this OnTrac is a joke. I am 20 minutes from Newegg's warehouse in Industry, CA and they shipped my order via OnTrac and it is 3 days late. They keep bumping it out. I wanted to just will call the order and go over and get it but their order system did not give that option this time.

usps is worse than ever right now. I normally had decent luck with them but even my regular mail delivery is awful, late, no shows, even had a driver roll up, run up to the door to put a missed delivery tag on and drive off, never even walked the package up to the door to attempt delivery, I was home and even caught it on camera. asshats..
My primary issue with USPS is, their job is to deliver packages yet I have to buy insurance to be sure they do their job? Nah. F that noise.... At least now they "include" $50 insurance on priority mail but still. UPS and Fedex get their job done way more reliably.

Agreed. I got an ebay order and they used UPS and it shipped and now just says "delayed" when the ground service was going to take 7 days anyway in the ETA.

I deal with USPS twice a day. Every few weeks one person is gone and replaced by another. Its a revolving door there. Not once have I dealt with someone with an IQ above lukewarm.

I haven't had good luck with any of the shipping carriers :(

UPS:
  • Watch the truck drive by, two minutes later the tracking updates to say they attempted delivery but nobody was home
  • Mark packages as delivered when they're nowhere to be seen. I assumed it was stolen until it was actually delivered two months later. Tracking updated too - "delivered" twice.
  • Delivered to wrong address. Luckily my phone number was on the label and the person who received it was honest. She lived a few blocks away. Didn't have similar house numbers or anything.
FedEx:
  • Lose packages for a week at a time. Package shows up as "out for delivery" but never arrives. Contact seller, who contacts FedEx, who doesn't know where it is. Seller sends another shipment out and instructs FedEx to return the original shipment to them when they find it. FedEx delivers the original shipment to me the next day with a handwritten note on it saying I requested it be delivered on that specific day. Very strange.
USPS:
  • Don't pick up packages scheduled to ship. Leave package on porch, USPS delivers mail. Get email saying package was picked up. Package still on porch. At EOD, get another email saying package was not picked up because carrier couldn't find it. Repeat for four days in a row.
  • Has dropped my neighbor's outgoing mail on my porch. Had to chase them down to give it back.

USPS lost my wife's Christmas present last week. It was a long lead time customized item.. now she won't get it until January. I forced the merchant to ship the new one with UPS.

Wow. I'm surprised. I live about 10 minutes northeast of you Cecil and never had an issue.
Although, I have had things shipped from a nearby state, go through whatever hub in western PA, then to Indiana, then to Texas, then back to Ohio for some reason. Usually with books.

USPS:
  • Don't pick up packages scheduled to ship. Leave package on porch, USPS delivers mail.
This all day. My mailbox and my patio are about 40 feet from each other, so the USPS driver doesn't usually have a reason to walk to my patio. After chasing the driver down a couple times, I now put Post-It notes on my mailbox if I have a scheduled pick-up and they haven't missed a pick-up ever since.

A few firearm shops said not to use USPS as a shipping option. The delivery would say Saturday and then nothing, says it's out for delivery and never delivered. Shows up randomly the next for following day.
FedEx has lost two packages this year and UPS will deliver on the day or literally wait until the next day even though tracking says it has been on the truck over the weekend.

Just buy full insurance on everything. Weak consumer plane travel is killing the shipping industry (USPS, FedEx, UPS purchase space on consumer international/domestic flights).
With PPE and now vaccine shipments will take priority on consumer flights, electronics will continue to only trickle into stock. Also thank Apple, who is paying any price for space, driving prices up.

Last edited:
This all day. My mailbox and my patio are about 40 feet from each other, so the USPS driver doesn't usually have a reason to walk to my patio. After chasing the driver down a couple times, I now put Post-It notes on my mailbox if I have a scheduled pick-up and they haven't missed a pick-up ever since.
Maybe I should try that! Except it my case it could be an arrow pointing to the package two feet under my mailbox 🤬

I just got off the phone with Newegg and had to put in claims for two items I ordered 4 days ago that have not moved an inch- not even in transit yet- and Newegg shows them as shipped.

This same order is having real problems with a company called OnTrac. UPS stuff is on time but this OnTrac is a joke. I am 20 minutes from Newegg's warehouse in Industry, CA and they shipped my order via OnTrac and it is 3 days late. They keep bumping it out. I wanted to just will call the order and go over and get it but their order system did not give that option this time.

I never have issues with Ontrac. If you live so close to Newegg warehouse, do they allow will call or onsite pickup?

Haha...yeah I gave up on USPS Scheduled Pick-up. I now pack, weigh, and print labels at home and dump it at the PO personally (via the drop-box inside for larger packages). Worth the peace of mind. Otherwise I spend all day checking to see if the mail carrier picked it up. Meanwhile my high value item is just chilling out on my front step...

I've been having a lot of issues with USPS over the last year or so, and it keeps getting worse. A few transactions I've had with people on here have been delayed or ran into issues, and now I ordered an SSD on NewEgg, who shipped it UPS but then was handed off to USPS for final delivery. Look at this tracking.
It sucks UPS and FedEx don't have anything like first class mail for small items, but I don't care I am not going to ship with USPS anymore.
So whats the whole story here?..The package was refused Im guessing because it was damaged....and maybe the sender did not want it back or more likely collected insurance , so it was then disposed of....

Yeah, I have a USPS package nouncing around the system. It went past me twice already. Now it is somewhere in Ohio for......reasons....

Flipside, I used to be rather impressed with AMZL. However, in the last two months I have had two undeliverable packages that I had to reorder at a higher price and 2 packages stolen by AMZL personnel.

So whats the whole story here?..The package was refused Im guessing because it was damaged....and maybe the sender did not want it back or more likely collected insurance , so it was then disposed of....
I bought an SSD on NewEgg, and their shipping got to the point they and UPS said it was handed off to USPS. USPS site continued to say they didn't have it yet for days. In-between time I bought a different SSD that was delivered before USPS ever said they had it. I had a sign on the box for about a week saying to refuse delivery and return to sender (Newegg). Instead of doing that they threw it out. Nothing had been claimed or anything with Newegg until after seeing the tracking say that. I've never had a problem refusing delivery and having it returned to Newegg before.

USPS is complete garbage and they are using the time of year and the pandemic as an excuse for their piss poor service.
Besides all that I wonder what happened with the USPS in the last year ? Something about the Postmaster General and the Federal Gov totally fucking the USPS over by design with the election coming? Anyone? Bueller?

Haha...yeah I gave up on USPS Scheduled Pick-up. I now pack, weigh, and print labels at home and dump it at the PO personally (via the drop-box inside for larger packages). Worth the peace of mind. Otherwise I spend all day checking to see if the mail carrier picked it up. Meanwhile my high value item is just chilling out on my front step...
This is what I've started doing. Before 2020-work-from-home my office was close to the post office, so it ended up being fairly convenient.

Ive had some issues with UPS lately myself where I dropped off multiple packages to a UPS drop off, they marked them as delivered when I dropped them off per the system, then they got fixed, then they went out and did a round about 3 times, went to another depot, came back to ours, went out, came back, and finally someone caught it, and got it to their location 1.5 weeks later. USPS isn't the only one having issues.

USPS has lost several of my packages in the black shipping abyss. Last package lost was a Noctua NH-D14 cooler. Seller shipped USPS Priority from Texas to me in NY. After 2 weeks of it being "In route to final destination", I got a full refund and the seller had to deal with USPS Insurance. It's been over 5 years and it's still in "final destination" mode.

I try my best not to use the postal system during the holidays, so I don't ship anything or buy anything that requires shipping via USPS. I've had pretty good results with UPS or Fedex in my area. Only downside is they both deliver packages to me late in the fucking night (8-10pm) :rolleyes:

I bought an SSD on NewEgg, and their shipping got to the point they and UPS said it was handed off to USPS. USPS site continued to say they didn't have it yet for days. In-between time I bought a different SSD that was delivered before USPS ever said they had it. I had a sign on the box for about a week saying to refuse delivery and return to sender (Newegg). Instead of doing that they threw it out. Nothing had been claimed or anything with Newegg until after seeing the tracking say that. I've never had a problem refusing delivery and having it returned to Newegg before.
It looks like it was in limbo between Dec 2nd and Dec 8th when UPS said it left their facility and was on the way to the USPS facility... ... following the tracking info it appears that USPS only had it for 1 day before attempting to deliver it... and the rest of the time was with UPS or lost by UPS...I would find it hard to blame USPS when it could have been UPS that dropped the ball...

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=92748902410638553507218089

Back