Please Don't Use USPS, They Are Now Throwing Out Packages

The Mrs handmade a gift for a friend about 15 miles away, normally a hand deliver @ lunch or something... but with Covid, she said mail it. It took 2 weeks to get there. Plano to Carrollton. I could have walked there and back in a day.

I like being able to ship stuff out from my mailbox with a Paypal label, but this is just stupid. I guess I will be doing more UPS shipping but they aren't cheap.

I will say one nice thing about USPS.... they don't hurt my mailbox. My mailbox has been run completely over by both UPS and Fedex trucks backing up making U turns. I have pieced the thing back together with some 2x4's... after holidays I'll need to go buy a new mailbox and plant it. Maybe I need to hire someone to build me a brick one.

The Mrs handmade a gift for a friend about 15 miles away, normally a hand deliver @ lunch or something... but with Covid, she said mail it. It took 2 weeks to get there. Plano to Carrollton. I could have walked there and back in a day.

I like being able to ship stuff out from my mailbox with a Paypal label, but this is just stupid. I guess I will be doing more UPS shipping but they aren't cheap.

I will say one nice thing about USPS.... they don't hurt my mailbox. My mailbox has been run completely over by both UPS and Fedex trucks backing up making U turns. I have pieced the thing back together with some 2x4's... after holidays I'll need to go buy a new mailbox and plant it. Maybe I need to hire someone to build me a brick one.

I've seen a brick pillar mailbox(3ftx3ftx6ft) taken out by a snowplow. It had to be lifted back in place by a tractor.

I'm still waiting on a package that was sent via USPS on the 2nd of December. How long should do you guys think I should wait to file a PayPal claim for a refund? The status of the shipment is "pre-shipment info sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item". Should I just wait for it to come?

I'm still waiting on a package that was sent via USPS on the 2nd of December. How long should do you guys think I should wait to file a PayPal claim for a refund? The status of the shipment is "pre-shipment info sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item". Should I just wait for it to come?

Yeah seems like they never actually got it to ship out...contact the seller first.

Yeah seems like they never actually got it to ship out...contact the seller first.
Yep... If there's no evidence it ever being in usps possession, I'd talk to the seller. Same thing happened to me a couple months ago with a best buy order saying the package was ready for pickup for two weeks. Wasn't the fault of ups who was the delivery company in that case.

Yep... If there's no evidence it ever being in usps possession, I'd talk to the seller. Same thing happened to me a couple months ago with a best buy order saying the package was ready for pickup for two weeks. Wasn't the fault of ups who was the delivery company in that case.

Yeah, the seller says that he had USPS pick up the package when they came to pick up mail. I haven't heard back from the seller, but I'll give him one week (tomorrow actually) before I take it to the next step.

Thanks!

A lot of packages have been picked up but not scanned in. My medicine was shipped dec 12th but still hasn’t been scanned in or moved. I’d say go forward if the seller doesn’t respond because by the time you get an update it may be too late.

A lot of packages have been picked up but not scanned in. My medicine was shipped dec 12th but still hasn’t been scanned in or moved. I’d say go forward if the seller doesn’t respond because by the time you get an update it may be too late.
Yeah had to tell a couple people on ebay to be patient, I shipped their item the day after the order and was picked up but a few weren't immediately scanned in until later.

Yeah had to tell a couple people on ebay to be patient, I shipped their item the day after the order and was picked up but a few weren't immediately scanned in until later.
I had two people open cases on ebay last week. I don't blame them, but it still sucks. One resolved, one is still in transit. I understand given that some were probably Christmas presents.

I had two people open cases on ebay last week. I don't blame them, but it still sucks. One resolved, one is still in transit. I understand given that some were probably Christmas presents.
I don't blame them either. Luckily the buyers I dealt with were patient. I shipped one on the 23rd but used UPS hoping not to get delays, which I was very upfront with the buyer about. I sent it 2nd day air so we'll see if that gets there by Tues.

I requested a refund in difference from priority mail to standard shipping from a retailer that sent via USPS which took 14 days to deliver. Th retailer was nice about it and offered to credit my shipping. I reiterated only for the shipping difference as I did get it and the extended shipping time wasn't on them. They still credited the whole amount. I wonder if USPS is handing out some major shipping credit or refunds to these retailers?

I requested a refund in difference from priority mail to standard shipping from a retailer that sent via USPS which took 14 days to deliver. Th retailer was nice about it and offered to credit my shipping. I reiterated only for the shipping difference as I did get it and the extended shipping time wasn't on them. They still credited the whole amount. I wonder if USPS is handing out some major shipping credit or refunds to these retailers?
I doubt the USPS has much refund money in the kitty. Most retailers do have an allowance of funds to satisfy unhappy customers though. I'm just guessing but I'd say it was more a customer satisfaction thing from the retailer you dealt with.

I doubt the USPS has much refund money in the kitty. Most retailers do have an allowance of funds to satisfy unhappy customers though. I'm just guessing but I'd say it was more a customer satisfaction thing from the retailer you dealt with.

Meanwhile the assholes at Newegg will still happily charge you $50 for expedited shipping knowing full well UPS won't pick their shit up for a week.

On topic, I've shipped a dozen parts in December and none were delayed by more than 3 days. My experiences aren't as bad as others', clearly.

Meanwhile the assholes at Newegg will still happily charge you $50 for expedited shipping knowing full well UPS won't pick their shit up for a week.

On topic, I've shipped a dozen parts in December and none were delayed by more than 3 days. My experiences aren't as bad as others', clearly.
most of my issues were regional. All of my packages showed departing the local post office, then disappearing, therefore there were issues at the next step in the equation, the local sort facility. Had packages there for 10-14 weeks without movement.

I just got my cabelas/bass pro Christmas sale flyer dated dec 10-16th today the 29th...... wonder how much these mail delays are hurting businesses too?

I just got a Christmas card in the mail today. It was postmarked the 10th.

I suspect I will keep getting some until mid January.

yea USPS is just starting to deliver some of my shipments from dec 1-5th shipping, items ive sold here. Its just insane how long things are taking, Have 1 item that its taken 26 days to go from CT to GA.

USPS is trash and I wont use them anymore. I bought a 2080ti from someone here that they magically lost that royally screwed me over. I'll only use UPS as I have never had an issue with them in the 20 years I've been mailing things out

Usps was kneecapped by a certain someone is well known, they literally don't have the machines to auto scan packages at many places and are dealing with covid issues like the rest of us..some of my packages were delayed but all still arrived and their customer service actually called back when I opened a request for a package , FedEx sent a pkg of mine through a 20 day wild goose chase back in April and UPS did the same. So while I may not use Usps for most urgent pkgs now, hats off to the men and women who helped us carry out an election under these circumstances and with active obstacles from their leadership .

Usps was kneecapped by a certain someone is well known, they literally don't have the machines to auto scan packages at many places and are dealing with covid issues like the rest of us..some of my packages were delayed but all still arrived and their customer service actually called back when I opened a request for a package , FedEx sent a pkg of mine through a 20 day wild goose chase back in April and UPS did the same. So while I may not use Usps for most urgent pkgs now, hats off to the men and women who helped us carry out an election under these circumstances and with active obstacles from their leadership .
Can't make excuses for them, amazon delivers most of their own stuff now. USPS needs to get their shit together

I sent out a 1080ti on 12-29-20 and it arrived today (Detroit to Chicago area). That is pretty fast for the usps.

I sent out a 1080ti on 12-29-20 and it arrived today (Detroit to Chicago area). That is pretty fast for the usps.
I think they are going back to normal business, and "chipping away" at the pile of packages in the corner that they put aside during the holidays. My guess is they have tractor trailers full of packages parked outside of sort facilities since there was no room in the building, and they will slowly empty them into the current flow of mail.

I think they are going back to normal business, and "chipping away" at the pile of packages in the corner that they put aside during the holidays. My guess is they have tractor trailers full of packages parked outside of sort facilities since there was no room in the building, and they will slowly empty them into the current flow of mail.

That's been my experience lately. I shipped out a couple packages to members here and it took 2 weeks to get there. The last batch hasn't been quite as bad. Maybe a week for "3 day" priority mail. Hopefully by the next two weeks things will get back to normal.

That's been my experience lately. I shipped out a couple packages to members here and it took 2 weeks to get there. The last batch hasn't been quite as bad. Maybe a week for "3 day" priority mail. Hopefully by the next two weeks things will get back to normal.
I have two priority packages still in transit that I shipped on the 18th, and a first class from the 17th. They all last updated in Miami on the 26th. One was going from RI to NJ.

Wow, im glad im not alone in this! Ive had 4 packages floating around the usps system somewhere this month. I actually just cancelled the worst of the four, ordered on the 11th and since deemed lost from amazon(and received a refund). Two others are...

Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

Both were 1-3 day priority. 4 and 5 days of that message respectively but the 4th has finally made to the next sort facility!!!

I just sent a return back to Indiana from Ohio today via a prepaid usps label ha! We shall see.

We had a couple USPS get stuck at a sorting facility for almost 2 months, but both were eventually delivered.

Thing is, USPS cannot make the changes they need to reduce cost due to multiple factors. They can't close branches they don't need, lay people off they don't need, raise prices if they need to, too much political control, etc. While the USPS needs to be operated independently of the government, they still require congressional approval for many things ... and you know how that goes.

I do think that package delivery with USPS has improved though. In the early 2000's when eBay first started I had a few packages "lost", either by USPS or the buyer claiming they never received it and wanting a refund. This was back before priority mail and electronic tracking. Once they switched to allowing printed labels and tracking the service improved and I had not had any issues until this year.

I know usps is “handcuffed” in some aspects but many of their employees make it tenfold worse than it is. In my area, most of them are about 200% useless but the branch managers are stuck and they can’t do anything about it.

Forgot to add the expected delivery date was 1-4-2021.

I just got a notification that one of my, in limbo packages is finally in our local facility. Original ship date was the 30th so will only be a few days late haha.

My wife went to the post office today to file a claim on a package that hasn't had a tracking update since the 15th. They said "Oh, that's normal. They're so backed up <insert reasons/excuses here>." After my wife insisted this was indeed not normal and was done hearing the bullshit, they told her she could file a claim online.

I understand priority mail has never been guaranteed delivery, but when two packages sent the same day - one to PA and one to the UK - and the UK package arrived in under a week while the PA one hasn't moved in nearly a month, there's a problem.

.... They said "Oh, that's normal. They're so backed up <insert reasons/excuses here>." ....

You have to hand it to them for at least admitting that FUBAR is their normal. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You have to hand it to them for at least admitting that FUBAR is their normal. :rolleyes:
And the real sad part is the next two weeks is their normal we don't give a shit cause we are broken after the holidays period where shipping moves even slower.

Brick ones fall apart into many pieces when backed into by body on frame trucks, cars, and vans.

I hope shit is getting back to normal...would like to order some stuff and sometimes it ships best method of not having a choice.
most of my issues revolved around a couple specific sort facilities. The packages I shipped this week all bypassed the providence distribution center and onto the next one (springfield mass) and are moving right along. That being said, this is an improvement, but it would seem they are still trying to get things reeled in. I'm done shipping for a while I think.

I shipped a return package on the 31st to Indiana from Ohio. It hasnt updated yet :( hopefully itll be one of those that suddenly is delivered and doesn't get stuck somewhere, fingers crossed.

I am just getting mail that was dated 12/10 yesterday lol. One was E-ZPass violation which luck wasn't any kind of fine but if it was I would of gotten fines on top of it for being late. I also waiting for a new debt card since the 12/15 and have yet to receive it. I went ahead and had them ship out another one yesterday so I can expect the first one to show up today lol.

Back