Playstation3 The fall of sony. LONG READ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i did read the post.But its not irrevalent also cause sony's downfall depends on it.You cant magically claim that the x360 should sell about 80% out of nowhere! But If you try just to be funny with that kind of posts your not succeeding..

arfi-gorgona said:
Yeah i did read the post.But its not irrevalent also cause sony's downfall depends on it.You cant magically claim that the x360 should sell about 80% out of nowhere!

Well the Jaguar, Neo Geo, Saturn and Nintendo 64, were all more powerful then what they were competing against and that did'nt help them. There were lots of other factors involved. I can't see how the PS3's power is the deciding factor in it's success, Hell I would rather just have someone say there Brand recognition is all they need.

You did'nt read the thread and what we have been talking about, The PS3's power was never in Dispute. Coding Difficulty, Processor Yields, Sony's finances, Centralized Online support, Licensing Fees and development Costs per title, Backwards compatibility, Concole history and Exclusive titles were all key debate points.

Of cource i didn't read the whole 17 pages man!But you still miss the point..PS3 and CELL is going to be the "savior" of SONY financials and not the downfall.It was a silly claim to say that the x360 going to sell 80% and the PS3 only 20%..Your claims doesn't hold water.But Im not going to argue about this anymore,cause its going to be revealed itself when the times comes.Its already starting.Do you know how many $ sony will acquire only from CELL sells?I guess you don't.Even the military are going to use them.None of your above point are valid man...

Coding Difficulty false,its been proven already,just look at the games.IBM and SONY help in that department,with a very high quality middleware that expands day by day.

Processor Yields..IBM already has tons of CELL's ready.

Sony's finances,I already speak about that.

Centralized Online support,No comment for that yet.

Licensing Fees-For?

and development Costs per title, This is another myth already proven to be just a myth..The development is as high as the x360 is.

Backwards compatibility,What about it? its almost Full backward compatible,the x360 isnt

Concole history and Exclusive titles ,Do you really think that the Ps3 doesnt have exclussives titles?There are already many of them..

arfi-gorgona said:
Of cource i didn't read the whole 17 pages man!But you still miss the point..PS3 and CELL is going to be the "savior" of SONY financials and not the downfall.It was a silly claim to say that the x360 going to sell 80% and the PS3 only 20%..Your claims doesn't hold water.But Im not going to argue about this anymore,cause its going to be revealed itself when the times comes.Its already starting.Do you know how many $ sony will acquire only from CELL sells?I guess you don't.Even the military are going to use them.

Err, Sony will not be making any money off the Cell anytime soon. It's an accepted fact that Console makers lose money on there hardware to make money off software sales. If Sony tried to profit off the PS3 at launch people would be buying $650-700 PS3's And that aint gonna happen. They might sale enough to have 10% of the market at that price.

Which Military is going to use Cells? What for? and why? The United States Military usees a truckload of sparc processors for alot there equipment. Field Laptops and Radar stations and command and controle centers. This I know from experience. Is the Pentagon Building a supercomputer out of Cells or something?

Besides any of that, Sony doesnt manufacture cell chips, and never will. Thats Ibm's baby and there the ones making the chips.. IBM, Toshiba, and Sony worked together to make the Cell. But IBM is the brainchild behind that project.

arfi-gorgona said:
Of cource i didn't read the whole 17 pages man!But you still miss the point..PS3 and CELL is going to be the "savior" of SONY financials and not the downfall.It was a silly claim to say that the x360 going to sell 80% and the PS3 only 20%..Your claims doesn't hold water.But Im not going to argue about this anymore,cause its going to be revealed itself when the times comes.Its already starting.Do you know how many $ sony will acquire only from CELL sells?I guess you don't.Even the military are going to use them.None of your above point are valid man...

Coding Difficulty false,its been proven already,just look at the games.IBM and SONY help in that department,with a very high quality middleware that expands day by day.

Processor Yields..IBM already has tons of CELL's ready.

Sony's finances,I already speak about that.

Centralized Online support,No comment for that yet.

Licensing Fees-For?

and development Costs per title, This is another myth already proven to be just a myth..The development is as high as the x360 is.

Backwards compatibility,What about it? its almost Full backward compatible,the x360 isnt

Concole history and Exclusive titles ,Do you really think that the Ps3 doesnt have exclussives titles?There are already many of them..

Nevermind........Goodday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back