Playstation VR $50 off w/Fry's code, today only. $299

QES

[H]ard|Gawd
Just noticed todays Fry's mailer has the Playstation VR $50 off with free shipping. 9/16 only. Seems like a decent deal for those that have been waiting. Can't imagine black friday going much lower.

I love my psvr and ps4 pro. I actually play it more than my 1080ti pc system. Great ecosystem of steady exclusives and I wait for good sales on the PlayStation store.

I love my psvr and ps4 pro. I actually play it more than my 1080ti pc system. Great ecosystem of steady exclusives and I wait for good sales on the PlayStation store.
Please point me to all these "steady exclusives". I have a pro and cant find but a handful of exclusives which to me makes 400 bucks a total waste of money. Jeez there has been really nothing this year but Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted Lost Legacy.

Please point me to all these "steady exclusives". I have a pro and cant find but a handful of exclusives which to me makes 400 bucks a total waste of money. Jeez there has been really nothing this year but Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted Lost Legacy.

Well that's how it is with console gaming for a while now. The only reason you get consoles in general is for exclusives. PC's that can play most games are getting cheap enough...

Battlefront and resident evil in vr come to mind. Check the PlayStation store and I am sure you will see others that are not on rift or vive yet.

Yakuza Kiwami just came out. Not from this year, but Until Dawn, Persona 5, Everybody's Golf, Nioh, Bloodborne, and the Last Guardian are definitely worth checking out.

I play PC games at 4K as well, but my PS4 Pro has been occupying most of my gaming time so far this year. Can't wait to the Horizon DLC drops in November as well.

So basically this only includes the headset. You'd still need to buy the camera. Once I realized ultimately I'd have to pay 360 (+tax) just to use it... yeah noooope.

Well that's how it is with console gaming for a while now. The only reason you get consoles in general is for exclusives. PC's that can play most games are getting cheap enough...
Yeah I cant even come up with more than 6 or 7 exclusive games I am interested in since the PS4 launched nearly 4 years ago. Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Last of Us remastered, Uncharted 4, Uncharted Lost Legacy and Until Dawn are about the only games I have played or plan on playing.

Yeah I cant even come up with more than 6 or 7 exclusive games I am interested in since the PS4 launched nearly 4 years ago. Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Last of Us remastered, Uncharted 4, Uncharted Lost Legacy and Until Dawn are about the only games I have played or plan on playing.

For me Naughty Dog games alone are worth the price of the console, since they're pretty much the best games I've played across any other platform. The others like Horizon and God of War are just gravy.

For me Naughty Dog games alone are worth the price of the console, since they're pretty much the best games I've played across any other platform. The others like Horizon and God of War are just gravy.

Which God of War..... Cause I bought my PS4 (near launch) for the next anticipated title in the God of War series ---- which N E V E R came.

Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif

Which God of War..... Cause I bought my PS4 (near launch) for the next anticipated title in the God of War series ---- which N E V E R came.

Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif

Why would you buy the console long before the game came out? Esp when the game isn't even scheduled to be out until next year and you got the console years before any date was given?

I didn't buy my PS4 until Uncharted 4 launched (got both the same day) because I knew there would be console revisions to make the console quieter and use less power, on top of it being cheaper than a launch console. By waiting you could have got a Slim or Pro with God of War and had a better console for less on top of that.

So basically the lesson learned here is to wait as long as possible before buying into any platform so you can have revised hardware at cheaper prices and with more titles available to you (for cheaper as well if they've been out a while).

Why would you buy the console long before the game came out? Esp when the game isn't even scheduled to be out until next year and you got the console years before any date was given?

I didn't buy my PS4 until Uncharted 4 launched (got both the same day) because I knew there would be console revisions to make the console quieter and use less power, on top of it being cheaper than a launch console. By waiting you could have got a Slim or Pro with God of War and had a better console for less on top of that.

So basically the lesson learned here is to wait as long as possible before buying into any platform so you can have revised hardware at cheaper prices and with more titles available to you (for cheaper as well if they've been out a while).
Because there was a limited time trade in deal on my PS3 at bestbuy, and I never suspected it would take ~ 4+ years for the next title in one of Sonys most popular IPs. I also am frustrated with Sony for never releasing a proper PS4 remote. The PS3 was the better machine in the scheme of things. CD playback, proper remote, better unique games, Linux, free multiplayer, more unique/exclusive games.

Back