Playstation Vita Thread

Yep! I have one pre ordered and will probably be getting the 32GB memory card though it's a tad expensive.

Anyone know if it'll support stereo bluetooth headsets? I got one for working out recently and now I find myself using it for almost everything.

I'll probably be picking up Uncharted, I'm not sure if I should be getting another fighter like SFxTekken or UMvC3 ... lol.

Any idea how it will work for web browsing and other non gaming tasks?

I almost impulsively pre-ordered the other day, and then my 'realistic' side said to me:

I know the feeling you have, the excitement, watching videos on youtube waiting in anticipation for launch day... in a month after purchase it will fade away, you'll realise you've just bought a really expensive paper weight..

You'll always keep coming back to your pc for your gaming, why settle with a 5 inch screen plugged into the wall (battery life is 2.5 hours gaming) when you have a 30" one right here, with games that look 10x better and also provide a shit tonne more depth, 5.1 surround sound, a keyboard/mouse and just a shit load more functionality.

And I stopped myself from buying it.

Apparently the digital copies of the games will be cheaper than their physical copy counter parts. That's a pretty good idea.. but one thing, you can re-sell the physical copies but not the digital ones so that needs to be considered as well.

Also another question, how are save games going to be handled for the Vita? Will most of it be saved on the cartridge? Is 32GB really needed at all?

I went ahead and DL'ed their PC software and it seems just like the PSP - just copy and paste. That'll be nice for everyday things like pictures, videos, songs, etc.

Apparently the digital copies of the games will be cheaper than their physical copy counter parts. That's a pretty good idea.. but one thing, you can re-sell the physical copies but not the digital ones so that needs to be considered as well.

Also another question, how are save games going to be handled for the Vita? Will most of it be saved on the cartridge? Is 32GB really needed at all?

It will be saved on the Vita's memory card . . . . duh.

How are you still posting? Most of your posts are just pure uneducated trolling. I question American education.
Stop threadcrapping when you don't even contribute.

Some games will save on the game cartridge and others will not, so I was hopin if someone who knows more about the vita will know if it'll primarily be saved on most game cartridges or the memory card.

How are you still posting? Most of your posts are just pure uneducated trolling. I question American education.
Stop threadcrapping when you don't even contribute.

Some games will save on the game cartridge and others will not, so I was hopin if someone who knows more about the vita will know if it'll primarily be saved on most game cartridges or the memory card.

i thought that all saves have t be to the memory card or cloud storage if you are a psn+ user

On IGN they said some games saved on the cartridge themselves.. Which made me wonder if 32GB was even needed if I only buy physical copies..

On IGN they said some games saved on the cartridge themselves.. Which made me wonder if 32GB was even needed if I only buy physical copies..

Yeah, I'd imagine that storage is mainly for things like movies, MP3's, and downloads.
It might not be an absolute requirement, but I imagine you'll be glad to have it. The idea of downloads being cheaper and possible downloadable exclusives will make some form of memory card a near requirement...but maybe not the big 32 GB cards. Still, I went with the big one too.

Yeah, I'd imagine that storage is mainly for things like movies, MP3's, and downloads.
It might not be an absolute requirement, but I imagine you'll be glad to have it. The idea of downloads being cheaper and possible downloadable exclusives will make some form of memory card a near requirement...but maybe not the big 32 GB cards. Still, I went with the big one too.

Yeah I'll most likely go for the 32GB card, some games are already available at my local GameStop and BestBuy. Now just waiting for the hardware to release! Do you guys think Little Deviants is worth it for the "First Edition" bundle?

Just saw one the other day.
Looks awesome, but I can't justify it. Hot Shots golf is tempting, though.

Paid mine off, ready for the 22nd. Went into GameStop earlier, picked up a couple accessories. I'll pick up Uncharted and Hot Shots next week. Hit me up on PSN guys: TheAmazingXemo

Huh, that is kinda cool. Reminds me of the days where my buddy would have like 8 Xboxes all hoked up in different rooms of his house to play Halo. This would make that kind of thing a lot easier.

I just ended up getting things separately on Amazon. I got a Vita, 32GB card, and Uncharted. I'm sure I'll pick up SF x. Tekken (which I'm now psyched for) once that hits, too.
I'm curious about cases, but don't want to get one without trying it first. I encountered some dud cases for the PSP, so I want to get a chance to play around with 'em before settling on one.

Lol I forgot I pre-ordered a Vita from amazon until I saw this thread! I'm to busy with projects and just plain forgot, I'm psyched to get it now.

I preordered the vita, 8gb, uncharted, and lumines. I paid $0 because I used amazon credits I had got from chase cc signup deal :D

I preordered the vita, 8gb, uncharted, and lumines. I paid $0 because I used amazon credits I had got from chase cc signup deal :D

Good stuff.

My launch line-up (hopefully):

PS Vita FE Bundle
Hot Shots Golf
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Still need to beat Uncharted 3, but its somewhat of a drag.)

definitely considering buying one - I'm just waiting to get some hands on with the unit to make a final determination - test drive basically.

Provided the hands on isn't negative I'm set on the wifi model and will probably pick it up at the local best buy or target or walmart or something.

Will not bother giving my business to gamestop.

I think it's stupid except for the oled screen I mean the entire thing of portable gaming is having a fun game to play but I don't think it will do as good as the 3-DS.

Would I buy one only if my name was Alex =)

I think it's stupid except for the oled screen I mean the entire thing of portable gaming is having a fun game to play but I don't think it will do as good as the 3-DS.

Would I buy one only if my name was Alex =)

Ohhh your post gave me so much insight...Thanks :p

Oh and I like your prediction! Is it the same as your previous prediction that AMD Bulldozer wouldn't bomb? ;)

Apparently my Uncharted game and memory card should be arriving today.
Reminds me of the Xbox 360 launch where my games an accessories showed up a few weeks before the system did.

pre-ordered; however, I have doubts. I don't like the non-removable battery (i dont feel like cracking open the housing just to get access to it). Also, fears that another better model will come out.. seeing as the general trend of technology and past product trends that sony has released... psp1000>psp2000>psp3000>go (not a direct upgrade path but it is a variant of psp models), Playstation>PS One, PS2 Fat>PS2 Slim, PS3 Fat > PS3 Slim... but one will have always pay for the latest and greatest.

My memory card and Uncharted showed up. The Uncharted box is totally empty except for the game. Looks like they're using online instructions exclusively. Not sure I like that.
The memory card is TINY. It's smaller than a SIM card for a cell phone.

My two games and case showed up today. Looking forward to next week! I have a 10 hour flight at the end of the month. This should be perfect.

Someone bought me one :eek:

Just got a tracking number + email for a First Edition bundle :eek: :eek:

LoL. Yea it was expensive, and I can't justify it. I just wanted it.

Last edited:
hmm i couldnt justify an xperia S and an ipod touch but i could justify an xperia s and a ps vita especially if i could also use the vita as a home console (link it to tv and dualshock 3)
Thats just me though, i want hardcore games on the go and the vita is the only way.

Back