Playstation TV incoming

I only have a few problems with this device:

1. Sony is no longer producing vita games
2. It can't stream 1080p content like my ps3
3. I already have an Apple TV

As much as I don't like ATV I already own one and I'm too cheap to replace a functioning piece of hardware.

I think it's a cool little device, and if I was in the market for a media streamer, this would be a good contender...

Or so I thought until I googled reviews on it. According to TechRadar is doesn't have Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon apps? My Vita has netflix installed, so that's surprising for me. I dunno, I apparently assumed quite a bit about this hardware but now glancing through this review, it appears to be a 'game console'/PS4 extender first and a media streamer second.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/gaming/sony-playstation-tv-1252871/review

I grabbed one mostly for remote play, and to play some vita games. No netflix, hulu, etc atm. Going to see how bad remote play is over wifi. I hope it's playable, I hate fishing ethernet through walls.

I grabbed one mostly for remote play, and to play some vita games. No netflix, hulu, etc atm. Going to see how bad remote play is over wifi. I hope it's playable, I hate fishing ethernet through walls.

I wouldnt expect much, remote play from my PS4 to my vita is 100% unplayable

There was a hit in IQ, and it stuttered a bit, but for the most part destiny was playable. Getting 1 of the 2 wired may be enough to smooth it out.

I'm not buying this, but I'd probably buy some PSP/Vita games if I could play them on my PS4.

You need a stable ~5 Mbps upstream for remote play over wi-fi to be 100% playable with no hitches. I actually have my PS4 hooked up via Powerline adapter (router is just too far away) and I've never had an issue with Remote Play.

Picked mine up today got bundle with game men card and ds3.
System is tiny looks nice easy to set up.
I'm all wired full cat 6 gig network you get the picture.

Vita games the ones supported play great no issues

Ps4 remote play um yeah...

So injustice , resogun , spelunky look good play fine.
Kill zone , Wolfenstein , tomb raider FORGET it! The lag seriously what can they do to make this work?

I'll add more comments as I go I like it but damn that ps4 remote play needs work.

Kill zone , Wolfenstein , tomb raider FORGET it! The lag seriously what can they do to make this work?

I'll add more comments as I go I like it but damn that ps4 remote play needs work.

maybe if you wire the PSTV and your PS4 into the exact same Giga switch? Then you can remote play in the same room!

I don't know. I am half thinking I want to get this just to play the Vita version of UC on the big screen. I cannot think of any other reason to have one.

This is very disappointing! My personal experience with remote play has been great (Vita on WiFi and PS4 on Gigabit ethernet). I even had great luck running my Destiny dailies from out of town over the internet. I was planning to pick this up for remote play, but I may hold off to see how this all plays out first.

Anyone have any more real life reviews of this?
I am thinking of getting this for vita games and remote play.

Todays update with high frame rate option is a amazing addition. Hard wired remote play is actual enjoyable now no more always 30 fps.

Todays update with high frame rate option is a amazing addition. Hard wired remote play is actual enjoyable now no more always 30 fps.

Yeah, I haven't used mine much because I need to run some Ethernet.
Getting my switch and cabling gear today so I should be pulling wire this weekend.

Haven't crimped an RJ45 since the early 90's. Gonna be fun :)

Back