Armenius

Extremely [H]
The PlayStation Showcase begins in 12 minutes from this posting (2000 UTC/1600 EDT/1300 PDT).

Timestamps
18:40 = Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake
19:50 = Project EVE
23:55 = Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
26:20 = Forspoken
30:30 = Rainbow Six: Extraction
31:40 = Alan Wake Remastered
33:05 = Grand Theft Auto V
34:18 = Ghostwire Tokyo
36:10 = Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
38:10 = Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt
40:00 = Deathloop
42:45 = Kid A Mnesia Exhibition
43:50 = Tochia
45:55 = Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection (Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy, also for PC)
48:00 = Marvel's Wolverine
48:40 = Gran Turismo 7
51:50 = Marvel's Spider-Man 2
53:50 = God of War: Ragnarök

That's all, folks!

Last edited:
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake: That's good, too bad it was just a teaser trailer meaning it is very far out, I'd guess 2023, but definitely interested
  • Project EVE: Korean game, wonky style, Seems like it is "inspired" by a lot of things, I don't know what to make of it, will this even be a worldwide release?
  • Tiny Tina's Wonderlands: Pass
  • Forspoken: A bit too flashy and the main character seems kind of annoying, Maybe?
  • Rainbow Six: Extraction: Rainbow six has been bastardized beyond recognition at this point: Pass
  • Alan Wake Remastered: Doesn't look much better than the og PC version: Pass
  • Grand Theft Auto V: So this is officially a 3 generation game now, it came out in 2013 on the PS3. And I doubt we will see GTAVI before 2024, so this will become a decade long game. Obviously a pass
  • Ghostwire Tokyo: Pass
  • Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: I'm just not interested in any superhero adaptation, so pass
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt: MMO spinoff of the troubled game, pass
  • Deathloop: This game looks worse with every trailer, I did not realize until now, but does it have cell shaded graphics? In that case I have to pass on it, as that is a deal breaker for me.
  • Kid A Mnesia Exhibition: This could be anything, at first I thought it was a Control sequel
  • Tochia: Seems like a kids game, cute but pass for me
  • Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection (Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy, also for PC) Have to think on this, I already played LL on PS4, I'm not really inclined to replay it.
  • Marvel's Wolverine: More exciting than spider man or guardians, but still mravel, so pass
  • Gran Turismo 7: Will get it on PS4, it looks like a ps4 game anyway, especially the menus looked dated in the trailer
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2: Pass
  • God of War: Ragnarök: Never played any of the previous ones either so pass

So out of 18 announcements 2 yes, 4 maybe and 12 nope. Not great. But hey at least I don't feel I'm missing out on anything by not having a PS5.

Doesn't look like I'll be dusting off my PS5 much for the rest of this year.

Forspoken looked interesting to me - hoping the main character and wrist thing aren't as chatty in the final game, but the game itself looked great.

God of War: Ragnarok is looking good. Though it also looks pretty on par graphically with the previous PS4 title. Maybe it's the PS4/PS5 dual launch, but the game didn't look 'next gen' to me.

God of War: Ragnarök: Never played any of the previous ones either so pass

Oh man, you need to give that game a whirl. If there was any reason to own a Playstation 4, that title is it. Unless it comes out for PC, mind you :-p

But - yeah, all in all pretty underwhelming. I haven't touched my PS5 much at all, and am considering picking up a Series S (or X, if they're ever instock) just for the Game Pass titles (I still have 2-some years of Game Pass Ultimate).

I’m primarily a PlayStation guy and that did nothing for me. The only game I’m looking at buying in the next 6 months is that Kena game.

God of War, Spider-Man, Horizon and Gran Turismo are must haves. Those are the games I bought the PS5for
Uncharted I'll probably grab on the PC if I feel like replaying.
Wolverine was actually a surprise and I'm really looking forward to see what Insomniac does with it.
I literally just reinstalled Alan Wake and American Nightmare 3 days ago to replay so now I'll wait and grab the remaster on the PC

Guardians of the Galaxy looks boring as hell, couldn't care less about it.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake might be cool, I'll have to see it before I can establish any real opinion.

Everything else is pure MEH at best.

This showcase looks like good news for the PC, as well.

These games (and some other less notable ones) are also releasing on PC:

KotOR remake
Project EVE
Forspoken
Rainbow Six: Extraction
Ghostwire Tokyo
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt
Deathloop
Uncharted collection

The Alan Wake remastered trailer didn't make the game look any better than the original release, to me. I found that disappointing.

If I ever get a PS5, i would pickup the KoTOR remake. I've never played the original.

I watched the whole thing myself. Only 5 games interested me at all: Star Wars: KotOR Remake, Project Eve, Marvel's Wolverine, Marvel's Spiderman 2 and God of War: Ragnarok. Of course, if/when comes the day I get a PS5 the issue I run into big time is the fact that for me? It's a larger upgrade than just the console. In the room it would go into I'd have to upgrade the TV to a 4K model and I'd also have to upgrade my A/V unit to a unit with all HDMI ports going out of it being 4K HDR capable. The TV wouldn't cost too much these days but combine that with the necessary A/V unit and PS5? That's a $1200-$1500 upgrade I'll take my time with. Somewhere down the road I guess. Out!

I watched the whole thing myself. Only 5 games interested me at all: Star Wars: KotOR Remake, Project Eve, Marvel's Wolverine, Marvel's Spiderman 2 and God of War: Ragnarok. Of course, if/when comes the day I get a PS5 the issue I run into big time is the fact that for me? It's a larger upgrade than just the console. In the room it would go into I'd have to upgrade the TV to a 4K model and I'd also have to upgrade my A/V unit to a unit with all HDMI ports going out of it being 4K HDR capable. The TV wouldn't cost too much these days but combine that with the necessary A/V unit and PS5? That's a $1200-$1500 upgrade I'll take my time with. Somewhere down the road I guess. Out!
You don't have to. The games are just as fun and beautiful at 1080p, especially if you're playing on a 55inch or less. I'd wait until next year to buy a receiver anyway. That way you can get one with all proper HDMI 2.1 ports.

• Rainbow Six: Extraction: Rainbow six has been bastardized beyond recognition at this point: Pass

Part of me thinks Ubisoft just does this to spite Tom Clancy. Despite writing Rainbow Six he came out and said he didn't give a damn about the game.

I'm looking forward to Tom Clancy's Go Kart Racing and Tom Clancy's Dino Slayer. <--- They'll make both of those before they go back to the series roots.

Part of me thinks Ubisoft just does this to spite Tom Clancy.
Tom Clancy has died a while ago, I think they are doing this because he can no longer push back. Just like with the series adaptation of LOTR and Christopher Tolkien.

Scalpers would scalp the controllers and games if possible. Going price is still 799.00 on ebay for CD version.

Last edited:
Looking forward to Gran Tourismo 7 and God of war.. Everything else seems meh to me.

Only really played demons souls on my ps5.

Spiderman 2… great!

Wife wants to know where Hogwart’s Legacy is at…. Surprised and disappointed they didn’t have that for this presentation.

Can we just get GTA6? IDGAF about GTA:O and want a new one.

I'm actually down to play Tiny Tina. More Borderlands in a new setting is fine by me. They desperately needed to break away from the core game of B3 to actually have anything worthwhile. People already have ideal weapons and builds and they haven't been able to come up with anything to make anyone move on. A new game should do the trick.

Uncharted 4 and LL at 4K/60+FPS is great. It's my least favorite game in the series, but it's still a really good game. Hopefully the other games hit the PC someday.

God of War looks like more of the same...which is fine. I didn't love the last one as much as some people, but I still really enjoyed it.

My wife loves KOTOR, so this is great for her. Hopefully the PC version doesn't take forever to show up.

IDGAF about more GTA5. They need to move on and we don't need the same damn game on 3 full generations of consoles.

Alan Wake looks just like the old game in the trailer. Seems like it's aimed at PS fans that may have never played the original. Gonna need to know more about the PC version to get my interest up. Especially since I already own it and the new one is $30.

Deathloop we already know everything about. The game comes out next week. You're either already onboard or waiting for opinions on the final product.

The other stuff I don't really care about.

Spiderman 2… great!

Wife wants to know where Hogwart’s Legacy is at…. Surprised and disappointed they didn’t have that for this presentation.

It's already been shown i think they were just putting in fluff until the ps studios reveals at the end. Also it's cross gen, so expect to be disappointed.

IDGAF about more GTA5. They need to move on and we don't need the same damn game on 3 full generations of consoles.
There's just no motivation, people spend a boatload on GTA:O, and i can't figure out why. It's a miserable experience.

Spiderman 2… great!

There's just no motivation, people spend a boatload on GTA:O, and i can't figure out why. It's a miserable experience.
Yep. There is no rush to make GTA 6. They make over a billion a year off GTA 5 with very little effort.

I get the need to have GTA:O on new systems...but why bother with GTA5? They're separate packages and it's not like you can't have one without the other. The current version of GTA:O works absolutely fine on the current consoles and there are a lot of assets in the core GTA5 story that have to require some level of development effort to update. People are playing and spending $ on GTA:O, not the core GTA5 game.

You know you're reaching hard when GTA V is something to look forward to in 2021. Not that Sony has any shame releasing a PS3 game on the PS5 as something a PS5 owner has to look forward to.

You know you're reaching hard when GTA V is something to look forward to in 2021. Not that Sony has any shame releasing a PS3 game on the PS5 as something a PS5 owner has to look forward to.
It is not Sony. It is RS just milking this game. Of course they going to push it to new systems when they make over a billion off it.

• Really looking forward to Spider-Man 2 & the idea of a Wolverine game made with the same studio/quality as Spider-Man is pretty awesome, really looking forward to that one.
  • The new God of War is obviously on the radar too, played the older ones back on PS3 but haven't played the more recent PS4 one yet so have to do that soon as well
  • I loved KOTOR back in the day, if they do a good job on that one I'd be down for another playthrough of that too.
  • Forspoken looks great graphically & the spells/magic effects were cool so I liked what I saw in that regard, but as another person said the main character/dialogue sounds kind of annoying, will have to see more gameplay.
  • I actually have Alan Wake in my giant Steam backlog but have never played it, it does look like something I'd like, someday I have to actually play it (so many games... so little time. Stupid adulting).

It is not Sony. It is RS just milking this game. Of course they going to push it to new systems when they make over a billion off it.
It is also Sony. RockStar isn't the only one milking this nearly decade old game. Playstation YouTube channel took the time to mention it. This game needs to be put to rest otherwise we'll never see a GTAVI.

It is also Sony. RockStar isn't the only one milking this nearly decade old game. Playstation YouTube channel took the time to mention it. This game needs to be put to rest otherwise we'll never see a GTAVI.
They are also pushing it on Xbox and PC. You think Sony or anyone else besides RS has any say when GTA6 comes out? RS is making a killing of GTA 5 still with little to no effort. You anger should be directed at RS.

I have to imagine they're working on GTA6 right now and probably have been for a while. They're known for taking forever and (luckily) putting a lot into their games. I know we're in the "age of the remake/remaster," but GTA5 is something else entirely. Only Skyrim has been repackaged more, and I'd dare say they've done more with Skyrim than the non-GTA:O portion of GTA5. I really, really hope those rumors about GTA3, VC, and SA being remastered are false. If they are, they're getting up there with 1990's Capcom.

Luckily, people are letting them know. The fact that this is happening AND the fact that it got delayed is just laughable.

I'm definitely the most interested in Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine. Not that there weren't games I'd likely enjoy in the Showcase, it's just hard to get excited when I don't have as much experience with some franchises. As much as I'd like to play Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy in 4K60, I'm not about to re-purchase games... hopefully existing owners of either game get a free or low-cost PS5 upgrade.

I have to imagine they're working on GTA6 right now and probably have been for a while. They're known for taking forever and (luckily) putting a lot into their games. I know we're in the "age of the remake/remaster," but GTA5 is something else entirely. Only Skyrim has been repackaged more, and I'd dare say they've done more with Skyrim than the non-GTA:O portion of GTA5. I really, really hope those rumors about GTA3, VC, and SA being remastered are false. If they are, they're getting up there with 1990's Capcom.

Luckily, people are letting them know. The fact that this is happening AND the fact that it got delayed is just laughable.

If they'd do a Remake of RDR, considering they have a lot of the ground work and basic mapping done for large portions of the world in RDR2, that would be great. I understand while they're milking GTA5 though. The online aspect still makes them a lot of money. But an 8+ year development time on the next game is certainly a bit long. If they're taking this long, making this much money, and have that many developers there is no reason they should delay the PC release again.

Even with their usual DRM excuses, RDR2 was only cracked by one person and took well over a year. Safe to say they can't fall back onto their traditional "all PC gamers are pirates" excuse anymore.

• Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake: That's good, too bad it was just a teaser trailer meaning it is very far out, I'd guess 2023, but definitely interested
  • Project EVE: Korean game, wonky style, Seems like it is "inspired" by a lot of things, I don't know what to make of it, will this even be a worldwide release?
  • Tiny Tina's Wonderlands: Pass
  • Forspoken: A bit too flashy and the main character seems kind of annoying, Maybe?
  • Alan Wake Remastered: Doesn't look much better than the og PC version: Pass
  • Grand Theft Auto V: So this is officially a 3 generation game now, it came out in 2013 on the PS3. And I doubt we will see GTAVI before 2024, so this will become a decade long game. Obviously a pass
  • Ghostwire Tokyo: Pass
  • Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: I'm just not interested in any superhero adaptation, so pass
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt: MMO spinoff of the troubled game, pass
  • Deathloop: This game looks worse with every trailer, I did not realize until now, but does it have cell shaded graphics? In that case I have to pass on it, as that is a deal breaker for me.
  • Kid A Mnesia Exhibition: This could be anything, at first I thought it was a Control sequel
  • Tochia: Seems like a kids game, cute but pass for me
  • Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection (Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy, also for PC) Have to think on this, I already played LL on PS4, I'm not really inclined to replay it.
  • Marvel's Wolverine: More exciting than spider man or guardians, but still mravel, so pass
  • Gran Turismo 7: Will get it on PS4, it looks like a ps4 game anyway, especially the menus looked dated in the trailer
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2: Pass
  • God of War: Ragnarök: Never played any of the previous ones either so pass

So out of 18 announcements 2 yes, 4 maybe and 12 nope. Not great. But hey at least I don't feel I'm missing out on anything by not having a PS5.
Sir this is a Wendy's.

I know we're in the "age of the remake/remaster," but GTA5 is something else entirely.
We're in the age of remakes and remasters because we're in a new console generation and that's usually what gets done instead of making new games. This will end probably by 2023.

We're in the age of remakes and remasters because we're in a new console generation and that's usually what gets done instead of making new games. This will end probably by 2023.
That is something that bugs me about the initial wave of games. I mean, I'm happy to play Destiny 2 in 4K and greatly appreciate the improvements in the PS5 version of Miles Morales, but I want to play more games built for the console. Titles that look as good as that UE5 demo.

Back