playstation monitor PC 3D work around

jinhur

Limp Gawd
so i've been lookin at these for a lil bit

http://compare.ebay.com/like/251289047279?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

not that exact item from that buyer, but that screen. i jus used the picture for reference.

from what i gather this monitor should be able to do 3d on any PC with some kind of work around?

some kind of modification to the dvi connector?

some kind of reprogramming of the monitor to be recognized differently by the pc?
some kind of software i can purchase from nvidia to make it work?

would love some thoughts on this:cool:

It doesn't have a DVI connector... Just two HDMI and a Component Input... The 3D works in Windows if the software supports the proper format... For example 3D videos on YouTube set to Side by Side 3D works perfect... Software to force Games to use this format is available... It's called Tridef... I've used an older version and it's a decent solution... The software however is not Free...

could u elaborate a lil on this?
ur examples seem irrelevant to me at this moment. mainly cuz im not getting what ur saying.

but i think im on the same page with you regarding software to this hardware tho. to my understanding its capable, but like u said there may be a work around through programming??

so not a lot of people into this stuff huh, just the top layer of consumer goods will do eh?

I actually have this tv and use it as my computer display at work.

If you're only interested in bluray 3d, it should work fine on both nvidia or amd based systems.

If you wish to game on it, there's no reliable way to get it to work with nvidia. Nvidias software (not free) to enable 3d over hdmi requires specific supported tv's, but this is not one of them. Some people have claimed to get it to work by forcing a different monitor's drivers, however I have not had any success with this method.

On the AMD side, it does work fine with the tridef software (also not free).

Of course, any program that natively supports side by side 3d or top / bottom 3d should work fine, but of course that's at half the resolution.

Holy moly, how ridiculous informative is one thoughtful post? Dang.

I wonder if there is a way to reprogram this guy or what it would take to do so..

Yea as jus a monitor is pretty awesome n awesome quality n all, but it's rec. as a scei monitor, what is that?

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

I just noticed that Nvidia changed their 3D TV Play software page saying most 3d tv's should work, but if one doesn't they have a way to submit yourmodel so they can add it. Going to test again today.

*edit* Gave it another shot with 320.49 drivers. Again, playing back blu ray was not an issue, but the 3dtv play software is still a pile of hurt. The drivers seemed to recognize I had a 3d tv connected, and the test screens worked fine. However, the nvidia control panel did not activate the 3dtv play software as it should, despite the fact I had a 3d vision ir receiver connected. I tried manually downloading the 3dtv play activator, but that will only allow trial modes or work with purchased licenses. I entered trial mode, and still could not get games to run in 3d.

TL;DR: Nvidia now recognizes the Sony Playstation TV as a 3D TV, but it still does not play games in 3d.

Last edited:
Back