Playstation 5 is looking real good

As long as Sony continues its censorship nonsense they can pound sand. I will not be buying a Playstation anything so long as it continues this trend. I don't buy or play enough console games to motivate me to look past that.

My ps3 is pretty much a blu ray player I can play jeopardy on with the wife lol. Sony is way too apple and epic-like with the exclusives and crap. Yea let the kids have their consoles, at least it satisfies their low expectations.

My ps3 is pretty much a blu ray player I can play jeopardy on with the wife lol. Sony is way too apple and epic-like with the exclusives and crap. Yea let the kids have their consoles, at least it satisfies their low expectations.

its all Sony has so they hit HARD on exclusives. Nintendo will always do well as long as they dont shoot themselves in the foot, and there is strong xbox/pc target user crossover. Sony always comes out on top because they face extinction otherwise, they are one bad generation away from being boxed out. good for them, bad for me.

its all Sony has so they hit HARD on exclusives. Nintendo will always do well as long as they dont shoot themselves in the foot, and there is strong xbox/pc target user crossover. Sony always comes out on top because they face extinction otherwise, they are one bad generation away from being boxed out. good for them, bad for me.

Err ps4, not ps3. Turning into my parents and not knowing what the damn things are called haha.

Very true.

Actually did quite a bit of console gaming, it was the ps4 that pushed me back to pc though. The ps4pro just felt way too laggy with its UI, and damn that thing has a tantrum if turned off improperly. And the hoops I had to jump through to get it to display 4k on my tv in the end was all too much. That said it is still used from time to time but the ease of use for consoles seems to be diminishing and that IMO was what made them stand out from pc for a long time.

I have been eyeballing the switch, I am pretty far behind in my zelda games lol.

Until they release another real Gran Turismo game instead of this terrible Sport variant they put out, I see no reason to buy another Playstation. On my PS4s, the only game I've actually played through is Uncharted 4.

Lets be honest here, the PS4 has some damn good exclusives. Which is why I'm waiting for PS4 emulator to play them on a proper PC, and there are emulators being worked on for that. The Xbox is a dead platform as far as I'm concerned, unless Microsoft pulls a rabbit out of their ass.

Lets be honest here, the PS4 has some damn good exclusives. Which is why I'm waiting for PS4 emulator to play them on a proper PC, and there are emulators being worked on for that. The Xbox is a dead platform as far as I'm concerned, unless Microsoft pulls a rabbit out of their ass.

more like $$$ out of their ass. they will just buy any IPs they need to get people to buy more xbox next gen.

Demons Souls remake and I'm in.

Still never got around to trying that one.

define deserve. this forum is on its last legs, some days there are no new tech news threads. doing my best, ps5 news is what i am interested in at least.
Nothing against you, but people in general need to put in more effort when making a news post. When I make one I do my best to emulate the original format of posting news articles here. Most people just post a link with no description, excerpt, or anything except maybe a short opinion if we're lucky.

Sony has quite a few exclusive games that I really enjoy. Uncharted, God of War, Bloodborne, Horizon, etc.
That's enough to get me on the PS5 train.

I'll probably skip whatever MS has, though. Mainly because they've been cool enough to bring almost all of their exclusives out on the PC. They'll still get my money one way or another.

Sony has quite a few exclusive games that I really enjoy. Uncharted, God of War, Bloodborne, Horizon, etc.
That's enough to get me on the PS5 train.

I'll probably skip whatever MS has, though. Mainly because they've been cool enough to bring almost all of their exclusives out on the PC. They'll still get my money one way or another.
Not quite unless you only buy at the MS store.

As long as Sony continues its censorship nonsense they can pound sand. I will not be buying a Playstation anything so long as it continues this trend. I don't buy or play enough console games to motivate me to look past that.
..............lol........

what a weird point to take a stance on.

You, as a self admitted pirate, probably are just wanting to play for free.

I play exclusively on PC. I would gladly pay for some exclusives ported to PC. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a will for companies to do that. So, I guess in fairness, there is an under-served market.

Personally, I would far rather the content holders just release the stuff on PC.

I play exclusively on PC. I would gladly pay for some exclusives ported to PC. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a will for companies to do that. So, I guess in fairness, there is an under-served market.

Personally, I would far rather the content holders just release the stuff on PC.
I do too for the most part I. was referring to his flagrant prior posts about his pirating habits ;).

more like $$$ out of their ass. they will just buy any IPs they need to get people to buy more xbox next gen.
Microsoft has done this before and look at what happened to RareWare.

Demons Souls remake and I'm in.

Still never got around to trying that one.
I played on PC through RPCS3 and with better graphics than the PS3 had. Even worked with keyboard and mouse. No online play sadly.

You, as a self admitted pirate, probably are just wanting to play for free.
Tell me with the way the industry is going that being a pirate isn't the most correct thing one can do? I do buy games that I truly like, especially when ported to Linux. I also don't give a shit about politics and buy from G2A or other websites that people claim are stealing keys. Indie games I buy off Steam or Humble Bundle because the price doesn't get any lower.

My answer is still the same. If you don't want me to pirate then always offer a demo. I want to try before I buy and I'd rather form my own opinion instead of shifting through all the sellout reviews. If you don't want me to buy from sites like G2A then lower prices. If you don't want me to pirate console games through an emulator on PC then port your fucking games to PC. Breath of the Wild would have been the next Skyrim if it was on PC, with all the mods available.

You want to play the moral high ground then go ahead and waste money on mediocre games that have micro-transactions and DLCs worth more than the base game. I don't like being stuck with a game I don't like that cost $60 and has a return policy worse than returning milk.

I played on PC through RPCS3 and with better graphics than the PS3 had. Even worked with keyboard and mouse. No online play sadly.

Tell me with the way the industry is going that being a pirate isn't the most correct thing one can do? I do buy games that I truly like, especially when ported to Linux. I also don't give a shit about politics and buy from G2A or other websites that people claim are stealing keys. Indie games I buy off Steam or Humble Bundle because the price doesn't get any lower.

My answer is still the same. If you don't want me to pirate then always offer a demo. I want to try before I buy and I'd rather form my own opinion instead of shifting through all the sellout reviews. If you don't want me to buy from sites like G2A then lower prices. If you don't want me to pirate console games through an emulator on PC then port your fucking games to PC. Breath of the Wild would have been the next Skyrim if it was on PC, with all the mods available.

You want to play the moral high ground then go ahead and waste money on mediocre games that have micro-transactions and DLCs worth more than the base game. I don't like being stuck with a game I don't like that cost $60 and has a return policy worse than returning milk.

liking for the zelda mod vid. didnt know you could do that, funny! and i agree, bring back demos!! that is why i "try before i buy". im not droppin $80 to find out it sucks donkey balls.

Lame argument all around. You say yourself that PS4 has some "damn good exclusive", then talk about us wasting money on mediocre games that have micro-transactions and overpriced DLC, none of which apply to any PS4 exclusive that I can think of; they're mostly, if not all a one-time purchase with an amazing amount of quality content in them, most of which you can get right now for $20 as part of their greatest hits line. Then they routinely go on sale both on PSN's store and in retailers for less than that AND you can return/refund it if you don't like in most cases within a week or two (Sony doesn't advertise it, but has let me refund two games so far after buying and playing them from their PSN store).

To pirate the likes of God of War, Horizon ZD, Uncharted series, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Shadow of the Colossus, The Last of Us, Spiderman, Persona 5, and many more when they're only $20 or less and are almost unanimously lauded as some of the best games of this gen, is just you being incredibly cheap. Nothing more to it than that. In a perfect world, of course all games would be available to all platforms, but exclusives have been a necessary evil for console makes since the dawn of games not only in order to sell their hardware, but to drive innovative games through their own 1st party studios and force people like me (who is platform agnostic and enjoys games across all platforms) to buy them and be glad to do so because of the unique experience they allow me to have.

Consoles are a cancer..repeat after me..consoles are a cancer.

Don't agree. Consoles are cheap and a easy luxury to purchase with the spare income. They also allow a lower barrier of entry for many users to enjoy a quality gaming experience. Computers don't even get close the cost value of a Console. Most of the time if someone says Consoles are horrible, they tend to be very ignorant in my opinion. I absolutely adore PC gaming, but I also have a switch and a PS4 because my wife and I didn't mind spending for the chance to try things unique to those systems. Yeah technically they could be better...but they are still very playable and ultimately have easily paid for themselves in the hours of entertainment they have given. I'm sorry you feel like Consoles are Cancer. I would hate to think what you think real cancer is.

debating the morality of pirating games is a... debate. i laugh when people equate it to stealing a physical item. is the law moral? tolkien and mickey mouse companies get to profit from a dead guys idea until the end of time? oh just 80 years and then public domain oh okay... i didnt realize this life or death moral code could be so arbitrary.

steal everything. if you like it consider paying for it, i dont care either way. there are plenty of people willing to pay and subsidize my theft.

Consoles are a cancer..repeat after me..consoles are a cancer.
If it were not for consoles, a lot of the games you play would not get made. A lot of games these days cost several hundred million dollars to make. On cross platform games, 85% of the sales come from consoles. If they lost that chunk of sales, they would not be making big budget games.

If it were not for consoles, a lot of the games you play would not get made. A lot of games these days cost several hundred million dollars to make. On cross platform games, 85% of the sales come from consoles. If they lost that chunk of sales, they would not be making big budget games.
So much this! Like it or not consoles make PC gaming worth it for publishers.

Lame argument all around. You say yourself that PS4 has some "damn good exclusive", then talk about us wasting money on mediocre games that have micro-transactions and overpriced DLC, none of which apply to any PS4 exclusive that I can think of;
I'm repeating what everyone else says, which doesn't mean it's true. Everyone else said that Persona 5 was awesome until I played it on RPCS3 and hate it. You know what you do in that game? You play the teenage life of a Japanese man in Tokyo, including his daily life of answer questions on a test and hanging out with friends. When you're playing the actual gameplay part of the game it's good, but not that good. The process of improving your Persona's is a huge grind as well.

Also I'm not spending $300+ on a x86 machine with a gimped Radeon HD 7850 running Unix from 2013 to play games that should be running on my much faster PC. Port the games, make a demo, and then we can talk. Just cause this shit flies in console land doesn't mean shit with PC users. Like paying $10 a month to play games online. Who does that?
they're mostly, if not all a one-time purchase with an amazing amount of quality content in them, most of which you can get right now for $20 as part of their greatest hits line. Then they routinely go on sale both on PSN's store and in retailers for less than that AND you can return/refund it if you don't like in most cases within a week or two (Sony doesn't advertise it, but has let me refund two games so far after buying and playing them from their PSN store).
Don't care. Let me know when PSN is on PC with proper ported games. I hope you're not talking about micro-transactions and DLCs with that one-time purchase crap.

Nslk9Lh.jpg

To pirate the likes of God of War, Horizon ZD, Uncharted series, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Shadow of the Colossus, The Last of Us, Spiderman, Persona 5, and many more when they're only $20 or less and are almost unanimously lauded as some of the best games of this gen, is just you being incredibly cheap.
HhYrLnK.jpg

Nothing more to it than that. In a perfect world, of course all games would be available to all platforms, but exclusives have been a necessary evil for console makes since the dawn of games not only in order to sell their hardware, but to drive innovative games through their own 1st party studios and force people like me (who is platform agnostic and enjoys games across all platforms) to buy them and be glad to do so because of the unique experience they allow me to have.
Exclusives are technically illegal. This happened in 1948 where movie studios had their own theaters that had their own exclusive movies. That sound familiar to you? So why is it that games as a media is allowed to do this while movies aren't? Because games are a new type of media and therefore this doesn't apply? They literally called them vertically integrated, creating a de facto oligopoly. I can see games exclusive to certain platforms as a de facto oligopoly.

The only reason this shit isn't illegal yet is because our politicians are too busy with corporate lobbyists.

PC gaming makes up far more than 15% of the cross platform market. PC gaming is nearly as relevant in sales as all the game consoles. Multi platform games tend to sell as well on PC as it does on PS4. Dark Souls 3 sold 1.7 million on PC, 2 million on PS4 and 0.5 million on XB1. Prey on PC sold 300k while 270k on PS4 and 110k on XB1. Borderlands 3 sales on PC are amazing. By the way, can you see why I say Xbox is a dead platform?

You know what would happen if console systems disappeared? Nothing! People would jump on PC and that's it.

Newzoo-2019-Global-Games-Market-per-Segment.png

I'm repeating what everyone else says, which doesn't mean it's true. Everyone else said that Persona 5 was awesome until I played it on RPCS3 and hate it. You know what you do in that game? You play the teenage life of a Japanese man in Tokyo, including his daily life of answer questions on a test and hanging out with friends. When you're playing the actual gameplay part of the game it's good, but not that good. The process of improving your Persona's is a huge grind as well.

Also I'm not spending $300+ on a x86 machine with a gimped Radeon HD 7850 running Unix from 2013 to play games that should be running on my much faster PC. Port the games, make a demo, and then we can talk. Just cause this shit flies in console land doesn't mean shit with PC users. Like paying $10 a month to play games online. Who does that?

Don't care. Let me know when PSN is on PC with proper ported games. I hope you're not talking about micro-transactions and DLCs with that one-time purchase crap.

View attachment 196822

View attachment 196823

Exclusives are technically illegal. This happened in 1948 where movie studios had their own theaters that had their own exclusive movies. That sound familiar to you? So why is it that games as a media is allowed to do this while movies aren't? Because games are a new type of media and therefore this doesn't apply? They literally called them vertically integrated, creating a de facto oligopoly. I can see games exclusive to certain platforms as a de facto oligopoly.

The only reason this shit isn't illegal yet is because our politicians are too busy with corporate lobbyists.

Your ignorance is only surpassed by your debating skills with shitty memes. One time purchase = buy the game and get everything, so not sure how you interpreted that wrong. Games are a completely different medium than movies in that they're actually interactive and require special hardware to play them on, board games included. You can make your own shitty version of a board game just like you can make your own shitty version of a video game, both of which will be exclusive with whatever hardware you develop them on and for. If you want to litigate game exclusives, then you also want to stifle game innovation. It's as simple as that whether you want to acknowledge that or not. You're basically arguing socialism in games.

Again, you're a cheap/broke person that justifies pirating these sub $20 games because you're either that broke or just plain cheap. I'm going to go with mostly broke considering the specs in your signature. ;)

Edit: Just a reminder too that you can get a used PS4 for like $150 pretty easily and have access to all of those awesome exclusives for $10-$15 used as well if that makes you feel better to not give Sony your money directly. That's considerably less than any budget gaming PC and those games are much better than the vast majority of PC/cross platform games that have came out this generation. If you really enjoy games in general and aren't afraid of a controller, then that's a hell of a deal on some good times right there.

I'm going to go back to playing my $60 Modern Warfare game on my 2080 now though now that I've fixed the error I was getting that I would never get on a console though. So I'll let you have the last word/shitty meme.

Last edited:
Games are a completely different medium than movies in that they're actually interactive and require special hardware to play them on, board games included.
Not in terms of purchasing them and owning them. Companies would love you to believe that.
You can make your own shitty version of a board game just like you can make your own shitty version of a video game, both of which will be exclusive with whatever hardware you develop them on and for.
Board games aren't exclusive to a platform. Keyword here is platform, as the hardware in the case of PS4 and XB1 is literally a PC with custom OS. I'm not sure how you figure board games with hardware? I have a strong imagination but not that strong.
If you want to litigate game exclusives, then you also want to stifle game innovation. It's as simple as that whether you want to acknowledge that or not. You're basically arguing socialism in games.
Guess what happened after 1948 when studios weren't allowed to have exclusives with theaters? It stifled innovation... for a while. Have there been good movies after 1948? I do remember a number of good movies after 1948. Also your arguement is stupid because that's like saying cross platform games like Borderlands 3 is bad. Clearly we've had good 3rd party games. Also, keep that socialism crap out. People like you associate anything you hate with socialism.
zLphTj3.png

Again, you're a cheap/broke person that justifies pirating these sub $20 games because you're either that broke or just plain cheap. I'm going to go with mostly broke considering the specs in your signature. ;)
Whatever floats your boat. Maybe I'm just the most aware capitalist out there. Port the games to PC and I'll buy them for $20.
In1W2IG.gif

Bitch back and forth about PC vs Console but what really matters for both was right in the image DukenukemX posted

View attachment 196883

I have a nice phone but games on said phone suck!

Yeah, I caught that too, hah. I have a feeling at least half of all that are where kids spend their iTunes gift cards they get for their b-day/Christmas. Though I admit I'm actually a part of that statistic as well since I have played Clash of Clans with my coworkers and friends for the past 5-6 years. Though I have spent $0 of my own money on the game, I have spent prolly $40 or so of my Play Store credit from Google Opinion Rewards savings (I've earned like $150 in Play Store credit on there) on CoC. But some of my coworkers have spent hundreds on there and I even found one guy I was in college with that had literally spent over 10k on that game. I didn't believe him until he showed me the countless transaction receipts from the game.. and I know he's not alone in that.

Bitch back and forth about PC vs Console but what really matters for both was right in the image DukenukemX posted

View attachment 196883

I have a nice phone but games on said phone suck!
Unfortunately true. But I think this is more due to people have limited free time. If people had a choice they would certainly prefer to play games on a console or PC. Now we know why Nintendo made the Switch more of a portable console than a pure home console. This maybe a sign of the times as people have no free time, or at the least don't spend enough time at home.

To make matters worse the sales for gaming has started to decline in September. As "Worldwide digital spending declines 1% to $8.9 billion in September." Also, "Total spend on console and PC declined 17% and 3% year-over-year". Sadly mobile games saw a 6% increase. Most of the demand for mobile games also seems to be coming from China.

Borderlands 3 is probably the only game released in 2019 that doesn't have micro-transactions, which would explain why it's doing so well on PC. Mobile gamers don't mind micro-transactions but mobile gamers don't usually pay $60 for their games. On the PC you see games that probably existed many years ago and still dominate today, with a few that are actually new. Console seems to be dominated by sports games, which also hasn't changed besides the the year the sports game was released. Nintendo has a couple of games that show up, and one of them is based on a 30 year old game.
image-42-1024x675.png

Back