PlayStation 4 Controller on your PC (works great! and wireless!)

how can i connect with pass-code i windows 7 it automatically connect without but it quickly turn off by it self

rashed, did you hold both the Share and PS button at the same time to start the sync process? I've connected my DS4 to both a Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 machine without issue or passcode.

So the wrapper was updated pretty good.
Original thread:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper

There is now rumble support and making the LED light any color you want through a color slider. This currently only works with USB connection. BETA software. YMMV.
Does NOT currently work WIRELESS (1.1 beta 1 and 2)

Also, looks like someone was able to identify why some people are not able to pair with passcode.
Apparently you need BT 2.1 dongle? I can't verify this. Maybe one of you guys that couldn't get it to work?

Update:
I was able to get LED/Rumble working through USB. I am uploading new version 1.1 Beta 1 Update (LED Control, Double Input resolved)
I kept the old version since it might be more stable at the moment. Bare in mind since the new version is an early beta it can be unstable.
I haven't tested more than 1 Controller. Make sure you don't have a controller connected through USB and BT at the same time.

Known Issues:
Double Input: some games register both controllers and received double input events. For now you should try using controller without my tool with such games. I found Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag was working perfectly with no setup needed. (Resolved in Beta 1 Update 1)

Unhandled exception with "Invalid Handle" is addressed, if you see message in the log that device can't be accessed then try quitting games or apps that can use the controller like Steam
Then just do Stop/Start in the tool

Next Updates:
Remembering values for LED color / Rumble Boost
In a future update I will try to get BT rumble support and LED support (may take awhile) and fix some issues as they arise.

Possible additions in the future:
TouchPad support
Custom button mappings

Latest version (1.1 beta 2)
http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=47027

Wired instructions:

-Connect DS4 to computer, it should automatically download some drivers(some people have already done this step connecting their controllers)

-Unzip the file and open the folder you downloaded from above

-Go into the virtual bus driver folder

-Open Scpdriver, then click install when inside program. After it completes click exit.

-Go to the first page of the folder and open "Scpserver"

-You should see "Controller 1 xxxxxx" in the top left. If you do, click it and you should now be set.

-Use the options menu on the right to toggle the rumble and LED lights.
updating OP.

Hot dog!
This guy is awesome!

So latest version, 1.1 beta 3
We have feature parity between wireless and usb
Touchpad support. Yes, like any laptop. L1 is left click, R1 is right click
LED control slider with 255 degrees of RGB color selection, and
YOU CAN COMPLETELY TURN THE LIGHT BAR OFF
(slide all 3 bars to 0)

Also added function of having the lightbar act as a battery gauge, which will start flashing at 20%

Very cool.
One thing I noticed, the program will hang if you disconnect(turn off) the controller, before "stopping the server". The only way to shut it off gracefully is to reconnect and quiting the program, before shutting the controller off. Make sure it is stopped before turning the controller off if you have Steam running too. Big Picture mode will launch and have a freakin fit with controls, none of the buttons will work and you can't exit(mouse clicks don't work). Again, reconnecting the controller makes Steam calm down and you can quit normally.

Just wanted to make a note that if you are using this program that Version 1.1 Final is out :)

Just wanted to make a note that if you are using this program that Version 1.1 Final is out

I am using it and it works really well.

Is there a website following development?

I haven't tried wireless yet.

Steam update screwed this up. (Big picture now picks up PS4 Controller natively)
But it looks like this project has taken off after the source went up.
The link on the last page is ver. 1.2.3
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper?pid=356777#pid356777

But look at the first page for the main fixes for Dark Souls and updated info on 1.2.1 RC3(latest stable? build), 'Hide PS4 controller' "fixes" Steam, kind of...
And you can remap all the controller buttons.

Last edited:
What you want to do is pair it using passcode. The passcode that apparently works is '0000'.
After I paired it with that code, the lightbar immediately lights up steady and keeps a connection.

This has to be the most frustrating shit I've ever had to dealt with, holy shit. I'll try to update to Windows 8.1 and see how it goes. I don't know what else to do at this point.

Last edited:
How? Windows 8 never requires a passcode so it syncs fine and installs drivers for the controller. Now I'm having the problem with the lightbar turning on and immediately turning off. Would appreciate the help, this is driving me nuts.

Windows 8 BT is hit or miss as there is something with the BT stack it uses.
I think a few people here got it working, but I'm not running 8, so I couldn't tell you the specifics.

Honestly, the way development has picked up, I would follow the official thread directly. They have been releasing at least 3 builds a day for the last week, each one better than the last. (Plus you can run a search for windows 8 in the thread, since they have touched it a few times)

Windows 8 BT is hit or miss as there is something with the BT stack it uses.
I think a few people here got it working, but I'm not running 8, so I couldn't tell you the specifics.

Honestly, the way development has picked up, I would follow the official thread directly. They have been releasing at least 3 builds a day for the last week, each one better than the last. (Plus you can run a search for windows 8 in the thread, since they have touched it a few times)

Yeah I posted there as well, I'll be updating to 8.1 and going back to 7 if that doesn't do it I'm just going to return bluetooth USB and buy a 10 foot micro usb wire. Thanks for your posts though, it saved me a lot of time and everyone else that had the same problems.

Post the fix, if you figure it out.
I'm on 7 64 ultimate, if that helps any.
Someone here was having the same thing, the no passcode, but I think he was on 7...

just came to say i followed all the steps in this guide, over and over and over to try and get the passkey screen on win7 64 bit to no avail, and i had been using the DS4 via usb and DS4tool for a month now before getting my bluetooth dongle.

strange thing is, i had given up trying to connect it via bluetooth when i needed to restart my computer after a virus scan or something, after that it works flawlessly.

a bit of downfall though, is that for some reason if i turn the controller on after the prgram is booted up it causes a force close and my controller shuts off, its kind of hit and miss.

what i do is turn the controller on first, make sure its on bye going to devices and printers, wireless controller, right click, controller properties, wireless controller. then hold one of the sticks down to make sure the controller doesnt go to sleep or power off, then start DS4 tool and all should be good.

It's been a while since this came out initially. I'm shocked someone hasn't made something more official. I kinda want to buy Ultra SF4 on the PC so I can't stop hooking my PS3 up, but this still seems a little cludgy.

The final version of Ultra SF4 (sans all of the weird upgrade patches) hits tomorrow. Guess I'll try some of these out as I want to keep as much of my gaming on the PC as possible.

Borderlands 2 is like a new game with this! A lot of people on Youtube are having problems with windows 8.1 because they are using the older program in the links.
I might have to make a video.

I tested out both the DS4 and DS3 Xinput drivers last night. Both are night and day better than the old Motioninjoy drivers from a few years ago, although they're still a little quirky.
The DS4 one works fine on my 8.1 system and is easier since it seems to use a normal bluetooth driver. Never realized how sharp the trigger edges are on the PS4 before. I actually kinda hurt playing SF with it.
DS3 was trickier, but I prefer that controller in this instance. Surprised both don't use the same Xinput button scheme...but they don't.
I can't seem to do walking 360 grabs very well with either for some reason. I hit them about 30% of the time, while on the PS3 I'm probably a 90%'er. I wonder if it's the controller of just the game giving you less wiggle room with motions. I hit supers and ultras easier oddly.

still hoping for audio support via the headphone jack.

Otherwise, I love these drivers... the touchpad comes in handy quite a bit.

I like holding down the middle button and friggin Steam big picture mode comes up =)

The problem I have with the PS4 controller is that it's flat-out ugly. The dual-shock 3 was awesome looking, though my hands were a bit too big for it. The PS4 controller feels a bit better than the dual shock 3, but it looks so derpy! The Xbone controller, on the other hand is freaking amazing, it looks awesome AND feels good. Too bad M$ feel too intimidated by the PC gaming growth to release wireless drivers and dongles for it to work on PC.

Back