playstation 4... cancelling preorder toughts...

And if you don't have the quality launch titles to go with the system, having backwards compatibility really helps, which is also not the case with this new series of consoles.

I mean, I preordered both the Xbox One and PS4, but I can't think of a single title in the foreseeable future that I have any interest in (that I won't purchase on my PC instead).

Seems extremely short sited to bet on a single console solely based from the launch line up anyways. I hope the adoption rate is high enough that developers won't scale back into multiplats releases.

Last edited:
Seems extremely short sited to bet a single console solely based from the launch line up anyways. I hope the adoption rate is high enough that developers won't scale back into multiplats releases.

For me, it's not just the launch titles though. I've looked at every game announced so far for both systems, and I can think of 1 game, Kingdom Hearts 3, that I'm interested in.

For me, it's not just the launch titles though. I've looked at every game announced so far for both systems, and I can think of 1 game, Kingdom Hearts 3, that I'm interested in.

Well that will give you lots of time on that backlog if you got it. Kingdom Heart's 3 is not even due out till 2015 most likely. The developer said after E3 it was in the very early stages and didn't even want to show the trailer just yet.

Console launch hype is no joke, lots of people will rush out to go buy a console, open it up and plug it in day 1 only to then start playing 1 or 2 launch games that they really don't like and perhaps never really liked all along. The thrill of day 1, week 1 new console smell and use is enough to blind people.

Instead, buy consoles for games you want. If that means waiting a year, oh no! Also, let us never forget hardware issues with all platforms early on. This isn't just a Xbox issue, PS3 had a serious issue with YLOD as well. I feel that XB1 and PS4 look fun, neither will be in my house this year. Not enough games, and they are both 1.0 versions of the console... we ALL know this.

So I wait, I wait for version 2.0, a price drop and a library of games. Launch hype, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Console launch hype is no joke, lots of people will rush out to go buy a console, open it up and plug it in day 1 only to then start playing 1 or 2 launch games that they really don't like and perhaps never really liked all along. The thrill of day 1, week 1 new console smell and use is enough to blind people.

Instead, buy consoles for games you want. If that means waiting a year, oh no! Also, let us never forget hardware issues with all platforms early on. This isn't just a Xbox issue, PS3 had a serious issue with YLOD as well. I feel that XB1 and PS4 look fun, neither will be in my house this year. Not enough games, and they are both 1.0 versions of the console... we ALL know this.

So I wait, I wait for version 2.0, a price drop and a library of games. Launch hype, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Can't argue with that.

Nuh uhh ...

I cancelled my PS4 about a month ago. There wasn't a single launch game I wanted.

I am debating on doing the same thing with my Xbox One since once again there are no launch games for me.

mine is getting cancelled tommorow!

sorry but i will buy one in 6 months to a year.

hey guys, don't be reselling jerks. If you don't want it/need it, don't buy it. Reselling for higher ruins everything for people that legitimately want the product and especially people who have upper limits on spending.

A recent gross example of this was a special edition guidebook/artbook for Ni No Kuni for which so many copies were bought specifically to resell at higher prices, that people who legitimately ordered the special set, where not initially receiving the book at all. Because they were all gone.

same goes for hot deals. don't buy tens of the item. Let someone else enjoy a deal!

Yar, Seymour cancelled his PS4 preorder a few days ago. Just no games that I was really excited for.

Going to use that money for PC parts instead!

Not canceling mine, actually got the Xbox One preordered from Best Buy 3 days ago. There are plenty of games that have replay value imo (multiplayer) and as a sports fan I can't help but get the new versions.

Not canceling mine, actually got the Xbox One preordered from Best Buy 3 days ago. There are plenty of games that have replay value imo (multiplayer) and as a sports fan I can't help but get the new versions.

I was going to say that seems like a stupid plan, but if you're a sports fan, that does change the dynamic quite a bit. Being a sports fan kind of does guarentee you'll have something to play on a new console.

Well, apparently Watch Dogs is delayed until at least April 2014, so I have no idea what game to get at launch now for PS4. I guess NBA 2k14 is going to have to hold me over until some more stuff comes out.

I was going to say that seems like a stupid plan, but if you're a sports fan, that does change the dynamic quite a bit. Being a sports fan kind of does guarentee you'll have something to play on a new console.

How do you figure it'd be stupid even without Sports?

All the new AAA games are coming out for both, not everyone likes bad graphics and worse experiences.

Then you could just get those same games for PC.

This is true, however I like playing from the couch. (let's not get into the argument you want to reply with. It's not even remotely as easy or convenient)

Well, apparently Watch Dogs is delayed until at least April 2014, so I have no idea what game to get at launch now for PS4.

Interesting. You got any concrete proof of that? I have both consoles preordered, and I had to order a bundle for PS4 and I chose the Watch Dogs version.

Edit: Nevermind, just checked Amazon and it is indeed showing 2014 release, said my console will still ship.

I'm probably going to cancel both of my pre-orders for similar reasons as all have stated, nothing worthwhile and the price will always be the same.

If there was backward compatibility with this gen's games, I wouldn't have a problem buying the new consoles... but I'm going to wait for something I really want to play, which is what I did during the last generation.

hey guys, don't be reselling jerks. If you don't want it/need it, don't buy it. Reselling for higher ruins everything for people that legitimately want the product and especially people who have upper limits on spending.

A recent gross example of this was a special edition guidebook/artbook for Ni No Kuni for which so many copies were bought specifically to resell at higher prices, that people who legitimately ordered the special set, where not initially receiving the book at all. Because they were all gone.

same goes for hot deals. don't buy tens of the item. Let someone else enjoy a deal!

Yeahhh... about your post... let me just be the first to welcome you to capitalism and human nature. I hope your introduction to common sense will soon follow.

This is true, however I like playing from the couch. (let's not get into the argument you want to reply with. It's not even remotely as easy or convenient)

Yeah, I do too, but it's not a huge problem to hook up a PC to your TVs. I do admit that everyone's situation is unique, though.

Lol, you could even argue that Windows 8 is like a game console's OS already, lol.

...by the way, the launch lineup blows. They have 2 exclusive triple A titles - Driveclub and Killzone. They have Knack...Knack.

Then they have a bunch of games that are F2P right now on the PC and a bunch of little indie titles. The non exclusive titles are nice, but there is no compelling reason to buy a PS4 unless you are going to resell it at a profit.

What launch games are actually going to be available on Nov. 19th?? I've got a PS4 on preorder, but no games yet. I didn't order any games with it expressly because I experienced the "launch" game delay schenanagans with both the Xbox 360 and PS3. I was looking forward to AC4, but that's been postponed until next Spring, I heard.

If there's nothing interesting, I might as well just cancel as well too (or resell the couple I have coming). I'm definitely not going to be stuck sitting with a new console on Thanksgiving with a single game like Cameo which is what happened 6 years ago :)

AC4 was actually moved up two days from Nov. 1st to Oct 29th. for PS3, 360, and Wii U. It releases on the 19th for PC, and release days for the PS4 and XBONE.

It's Watch Dogs that was delayed.

So lame that the PC version comes out WEEKS after the console. Idiotic.

You have the exact same chance to pre order as the rest of us...dont be a dweeb....

You want every one to be equal, go live in a communist country...

Soooooo apparently Driveclub has been delayed until 2014 as well. I wonder if Sony will offer a different free game at launch for PS+ people now.

Well it's not like PC gamers living in their parents basement be rollin in the dough ;)

I think both consoles will do well and have exclusives worth buying the system for.....

Back