Playing with 802.11ad WiGig

Bump, i am interested in experimenting with WIGIG to, i just emailed a company that offers a 802.11AD wigig usb adapter developer kit not sure how much they are charging but willl let u know when i get the reply, i am going to use this with my nighthawk x10 AD router

Hello,

I have a modern Intel WiGiG-equipped laptop with compatible WiGiG docking station, and I love it. It is great, and way beyond my expectations in terms of usable range. However, I also have an older (Haswell) laptop with minipcie WLAN slot. Can anything be done for it, e.g. with Dell DW1601 and Dell D5000 docking station?

Hello, the DW1601 and D5000 together can connect and work very well - it is usable up to 20 meters in LOS conditions inside hallways (can get up to about 70 meters with line of sight and LOT of reflections from corridors). The bad message is that more info can be extracted only from wpa supplicant (not available without the special firmware from wilocity which I still cannot get my hands on). Right now we are trying to get working different cards (Atheros QCA9008-TBD1). If anyone can get wigig working on either of these cards on Linux, please let me know :)

Does anyone know what is the antenna connector for the DW1601?

The antenna connector for the recently discontinued Intel AC18260 card was an X.FL connector, but that is not compatible with the DW1601.

And as mentioned by Bense in a previous post it is also not an MH4 connector.

I cannot find any public documentation indicating which connector this is.

Has anyone figured this out?

ello, the DW1601 and D5000 together can connect and work very well - it is usable up to 20 meters in LOS conditions inside hallways (can get up to about 70 meters with line of sight and LOT of reflections from corridors). The bad message is that more info can be extracted only from wpa supplicant (not available without the special firmware from wilocity which I still cannot get my hands on). Right now we are trying to get working different cards (Atheros QCA9008-TBD1). If anyone can get wigig working on either of these cards on Linux, please let me know
I have a few questions:
1. Is is possible to source an antenna for QCA9008-TBD1 without marauding some (expensive) device? What happens if you connect "Sparrow" (DW1601/D5000) antenna?
2. Did you manage to use DW1601 & D5000 combo on non-Dell machine in Windows?

Last edited:
Back