Playing Music Through Terminal Services??

Originally posted by Brink
and why would you even want to do this?

Possibly the computer is too old to run and MP3 software, or it won't configure, or there's not enough space, or your MP3 collection is at home so you want to listen to it at work, or ...

Originally posted by ccarrigan
Possibly the computer is too old to run and MP3 software, or it won't configure, or there's not enough space, or your MP3 collection is at home so you want to listen to it at work, or ...

mp3 software? winamp runs on a p133, if you can run the TS client then you can run winamp. not enough space/collection is at home easy falls into the range of a ftp/ssh server running on the same port as TS to bypass firewall. If that sounds complicated it really isn't, and you don't have to listen to extremely downsampled sound (man it has to sound like utter shiet)

Originally posted by Brink
mp3 software? winamp runs on a p133, if you can run the TS client then you can run winamp. not enough space/collection is at home easy falls into the range of a ftp/ssh server running on the same port as TS to bypass firewall. If that sounds complicated it really isn't, and you don't have to listen to extremely downsampled sound (man it has to sound like utter shiet)

my post was to provide examples of reasons why. obviously there are some as he is trying to do it. maybe thin client with built in speaker at work, won't install winamp. maybe the corporate policy doesn't allow mp3 software at work but does allow TS. or he could have the TS web site so he wouldn't even need the TS client, just a browser. keep it coming, i'm full of ideas.

Originally posted by ccarrigan
my post was to provide examples of reasons why. obviously there are some as he is trying to do it. maybe thin client with built in speaker at work, won't install winamp. maybe the corporate policy doesn't allow mp3 software at work but does allow TS. or he could have the TS web site so he wouldn't even need the TS client, just a browser. keep it coming, i'm full of ideas.

Sorry, I don't enjoy playing guessing games.

buy a mp3 player already, TS will murder your sound.

oh wait

- what if he doesn't have the money?
- what if he likes trashy sound?
- what if I tire of what ifs??

Back