Playing Diablo II from flashdrive?

Krieger91

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a legitimate copy of Diablo II + expansions, is there a way to put this on a flashdrive and run it from any computer (mainly my college's library)?

To many read/write cycles for a cheap usb stick. Register your Diablo 2 cd key on battle net and you can download a fully patched client without cd requirements. You could also do a full installation of original then expansion then patch to current on the external drive.

Its an older game so all the save/settings information should already be in the installation directory.

Copy and pasting an already installed directory from your local harddrive would also work. It works with Warcraft, starcraft and diablo as well.

I used to do this back in high school in the computer lab, Worked fine just copying the game to the flash drive and running the exe

I used to do this back in high school in the computer lab, Worked fine just copying the game to the flash drive and running the exe

Yeah, though I'm assuming you're old enough to remember when most school IT staff locked down crap after it all hit the fan. Most colleges/universities have a lot locked down to minimize risk of damages.

I played D2 off a flash drive on campus computers back in college no problem in between class. Load times were a little slow but wasn't unbearable at all.

Back