PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Sales Hit 5 Million

I'm a little worried that the upcoming microtransactions in the next monthly patch will simultaneously take away from the experience, and turn it into a "using daddy's credit card to shop for virtual outfits for my character" game...
They're only doing that for the Gamescon, to pay for a prize pool for a big tournament they're doing. After this month, they're taking it back out (until possibly full release down the road). They're doing 3 crates; 2 free to open that will contain a full set of "movie inspired clothes" (the movie being Battle Royale, what the mod was originally based off of) + other cosmetic items. The 3rd crate costs $ that'll go into the prize pool for the Gamescon tournament.

I find that it is unreasonably harsh on my hardware though. Probably just because it is still in greenlight, and presumably not fully optimized yet.
Yeah that + server lag can get a bit frustrating. If you play on the Test Server though, virtually no lag (because of a lower population). Opening doors, picking up items, etc. was instant and felt super smooth.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
So, got an update to the game pushed over Steam tonight, and suddenly it is laggy as all hell.

Not sure if it's coincidence or if they messed up the bet code.

So, got an update to the game pushed over Steam tonight, and suddenly it is laggy as all hell.

Not sure if it's coincidence or if they messed up the bet code.

Seems like it was just a coincidence.

Closest I have gotten to a chicken dinner thus far:

20170727231342_1.jpg

Been playing for less than a week though.

I'm starting to sour on this game already.

All the servers are laggy, and while this certainly isn't supposed to be a realistic game by any stretch of the imagination, any game where four shots center mass from a high powered rifle doesn't kill someone is more than questionable in my mind.

I hate video game inflated bullet resistance.

I'm starting to sour on this game already.

All the servers are laggy, and while this certainly isn't supposed to be a realistic game by any stretch of the imagination, any game where four shots center mass from a high powered rifle doesn't kill someone is more than questionable in my mind.

I hate video game inflated bullet resistance.
Being killed in 1-2 shots would make the game horrible. It would simply come down to who fired first, completely removing any skill required to aim, compensate for recoil, and track the target. Damage is fine where it is.

Being killed in 1-2 shots would make the game horrible. It would simply come down to who fired first, completely removing any skill required to aim, compensate for recoil, and track the target. Damage is fine where it is.

It's not necessarily the damage, but the consistency of the damage.

I've been one-tapped to 10% health by a Kar with full level 3 armor. But when I check my armor, neither the helmet nor vest takes any damage.

It's not necessarily the damage, but the consistency of the damage.

I've been one-tapped to 10% health by a Kar with full level 3 armor. But when I check my armor, neither the helmet nor vest takes any damage.

Known bug IIRC where shots ignore armor; thus the Kar98 can do 75% damage straight, without touching armor.

I remember when this was still only a great idea for a mod Brendan Greene was working on in Arma. He really hit the big time with getting an offer from Bluehole and Twitch becoming such a massive marketing platform. This is what dreams are made out of. Good for that guy.

Not necessarily.

It would IMHO make the game more skill oriented, making you carefully consider your route, and how you get from place to place and be more sneaky.

Either way, when I typed the above I was frustrated.

Inconsistency is exactly right.

I had a 4x Scope on a M16 and placed 4 confirmed hits center of mass (confirmed via blood splatter) when he finally returned fire and took me out with one or two hits from full health, despite me having military armor and helmet.

It seems like way too much of this game is based on random BS like that, rather than how well you play.

It is in early access still though, so I am sure there are lots of fixes to come.

Back