Blorgon

Limp Gawd
Anybody here pick this up yet?

LIMBO—Playdead's first game, released in 2010—really turned me around on gaming as an adult. I had grown up playing on a Sega Genesis, N64, PS1, PS2, and a Gameboy Color—but from around age 16 to 20 I hardly gamed at all because nothing really ever grabbed my attention like the games I had grown up with.

Then LIMBO came out, and totally reinvigorated my appreciation and love for video games. For that reason, it has held a special place in my list of top games for the last six years.

After all that, however, INSIDE totally destroyed that sentiment in literally 30 seconds. This game is rich in art direction, sound design, mechanics, and animation. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a game that looked this refined. Obviously, I still have a lot of love for LIMBO, but INSIDE is so much more of everything that made LIMBO great, with a healthy dose of extra.

If you loved, or even really liked LIMBO, do yourself a favor and grab INSIDE, plan an evening alone with no distractions, a dark room, and a good pair of headphones. This game will do something amazing to you.

If you haven't heard of it till now, but absolutely insist you see a trailer first, watch this fullscreen, and with good headphones.

It looks really well done. I loved Limbo, but never finished it...

I got quite a bit into it, but other games sort of took over. I would love to go back and hive it the time it deserves.

Holy shit gimme, LIMBO is one of my favorite games of all time.

I got quite a bit into it, but other games sort of took over. I would love to go back and hive it the time it deserves.

Limbo only takes about 3 hours to beat at the most. You should really go back and play it.

Limbo only takes about 3 hours to beat at the most. You should really go back and play it.

Yep. It's a total tradeoff, too. Their games are so richly detailed that they warrant multiple playthroughs to find all the secrets and tiny Easter Eggs, but then you're also only replaying the same 3-4 hours of content. I've put about 8 hours into INSIDE between two playthroughs, and am planning more playthroughs because I have some theories I want to check out, but even on the first playthrough I felt I'd spent my money well. I would've spent up to $30 for this game, honestly.

Anybody here pick this up yet?

LIMBO—Playdead's first game, released in 2010—really turned me around on gaming as an adult. I had grown up playing on a Sega Genesis, N64, PS1, PS2, and a Gameboy Color—but from around age 16 to 20 I hardly gamed at all because nothing really ever grabbed my attention like the games I had grown up with.

Then LIMBO came out, and totally reinvigorated my appreciation and love for video games. For that reason, it has held a special place in my list of top games for the last six years.

After all that, however, INSIDE totally destroyed that sentiment in literally 30 seconds. This game is rich in art direction, sound design, mechanics, and animation. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a game that looked this refined. Obviously, I still have a lot of love for LIMBO, but INSIDE is so much more of everything that made LIMBO great, with a healthy dose of extra.

If you loved, or even really liked LIMBO, do yourself a favor and grab INSIDE, plan an evening alone with no distractions, a dark room, and a good pair of headphones. This game will do something amazing to you.

If you haven't heard of it till now, but absolutely insist you see a trailer first, watch this fullscreen, and with good headphones.

I pre-ordered it and it's fucking amazing. It's definitely worth $20. $20 for 3 REALLY good hours of gameplay is justifiable.

I pre-ordered it and it's fucking amazing. It's definitely worth $20. $20 for 3 REALLY good hours of gameplay is justifiable.

Yep. This and Hyper Light Drifter are the only two games I've ever pre-ordered.

I've put about 9 hours into INSIDE having done three play-throughs. There are a lot of secrets and small details to be found. I recommend going through the game to find the Easter Eggs, if you haven't already.

Back