Play (FPS) Games, Live Longer

Megalomaniac

2[H]4U
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/01/140129184828.htm

" but those with slower reaction times were 25% more likely to have died (from any cause) compared to those with average reaction times. This remained the case after the researchers had accounted for the participants' age, sex, ethnic group, socio-economic background and lifestyle factors into account."

The moral is, play video games that increase your reaction time and you just might live longer.

Well, I guess eventually the world will end up full of old Quake players. I can already see myself yelling at stupid MOBA-of-the-day kids. Also laughing at their google glass only skills.

Web reaction tests are deeply flawed. With mouse button off and all...

No, the moral of the story is the same, tired old adage "The quick and the dead". This isn't a new study, this is just an attempt to re-apply a study from a broad topic (Life in general) to a tiny one (Games), when theres no need to.

Seriously. Faster reaction time means you don't die as easily as someone who's slower than a turtle. This isn't new knowledge. *everything* that we as humans are, is dictated by that simple fact. The slow die, the fast don't.

In other news: Fire is hot.

Then your eyes will be backed into your skull from playing FPS all your life and no time to enjoy anything but frags.

As long as you stay away from bingo, slots, or candy crush, anything should be good.

EDITED: Never mind, someone already posted the reaction time test. I fail.

Last edited:
I for one believe that the stress I come under when playing most online FPS shortens my life. Damn haxors!

Average .2166 seconds. Not bad for a 30+ I figure. Kiddies got to be able to do better becase I get schooled in bf4. My twitch reflexes aren't what they used to be in the days of quake3 or unreal tournament. I miss the glory days of "head shot" going off on my speakers every few seconds.

0.1784, Rabbit :D. Though I am a competitive gamer and been playing Counter Strike since I was 14 (9 years ago), played Main so that probably what helped me the most, people have some fast reaction time...

.1862 Rabbit. I can only imagine what it was before I "retired" from CS:S:eek:

6 years ago i would have done 0.60-70 constant.

My reaction time would usually be between 0.58 to 0.65 back then.

I thought this was going to tell me how to live longer IN FPSs......

0.1998 first try. Not bad considering it's 3pm here on a Friday with nothing but "have to do's" for weekend plans.

Back