Plasma is still beautiful and it's image quality rivals any modern tech!

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
lol now you got me watching facebook market place, craigslist and ebay
LOL! I stand by my claim that for pc gaming only and not movies or other media consumption that the TH60PF50U 60in Neo Plasma Pro Monitor with ultra-low-persistence phosphors is the best monitor I've ever used. Not my LG C2 , not the vaunted FW900, Sony G520P, or my Cornerstone P1600 are better stricty for gaming. For pure media consumption a ZT60 or Pioneer equivalent will have a slight edge in image quality due to all the image processing. That same processing is what makes those units underperform in the pc gaming space. My units and it's little brother the TH 42PF50U not only have the fastest phosphors ever used in a self emitting display but they are pure monitors with no image processing and the resulting input lag. It will be tough to snag one but stick with those two units; don't make the mistake of buying anything else and you'll be golden! Lastly, i paid about 350.00 total for all 3 of my units. Don't pay hundreds of dollars unless it's NOS like that Ebay seller.

Last edited:
^^^ I think the best gaming monitor is the new 4k240 hz oleds with HDR. I've got the alienware and its amazing. I use to have two FW900s and while their motion clarity was epic, the new 4k240 oleds are close.....and on top of that they have the infinite contrast, HDR, VRR, superior resolution, etc ,etc.

Id love to have one of those plasmas for retro gaming because 1080p 60hz aint cuttin it for me with modern gaming.

I try to enjoy current tech for what it is....I feel like I under appreciated CRT and plasma back in the day and have a bit of nostalgia regret lol. I will never forget selling my 20" viewsonic CRT for "hot sex" ultra slim 19" LCD somewhere around 2003-2004ish and being too dumb to understand why it looked like shit compared to my old CRT and being to caught up in the hype of "HOT SEX SLIM PANEL" to go back to the CRT....and then when I started looking at plasmas, they were so expensive back then and bigger LCDs started coming down in price rapidly and ended up going with a 36" 1080p westinghouse and then a 40" samsung 1080p for my primary monitors and thought they were "epic" lol it wasnt until the 120hz monitors in 2010-2011ish that I realized I had been robbed of CRT goodness and got the two fw900s

Last edited:
^^^ I think the best gaming monitor is the new 4k240 hz oleds with HDR. I've got the alienware and its amazing. I use to have two FW900s and while their motion clarity was epic, the new 4k240 oleds are close.....and on top of that they have the infinite contrast, HDR, VRR, superior resolution, etc ,etc.

Id love to have one of those plasmas for retro gaming because 1080p 60hz aint cuttin it for me with modern gaming.

I try to enjoy current tech for what it is....I feel like I under appreciated CRT and plasma back in the day and have a bit of nostalgia regret lol. I will never forget selling my 20" viewsonic CRT for "hot sex" ultra slim 19" LCD somewhere around 2003-2004ish and being too dumb to understand why it looked like shit compared to my old CRT and being to caught up in the hype of "HOT SEX SLIM PANEL" to go back to the CRT....and then when I started looking at plasmas, they were so expensive back then and bigger LCDs started coming down in price rapidly and ended up going with a 36" 1080p westinghouse and then a 40" samsung 1080p for my primary monitors and thought they were "epic" lol it wasnt until the 120hz monitors in 2010-2011ish that I realized I had been robbed of CRT goodness and got the two fw900s
I don't dispute that...truth is at the end of the day we all like what we like. For my personal use case these are the best monitors I've ever used. That said, for HDR gaming the monitor you mentioned us the beesness!

20240211_163821.jpg
20240211_163528.jpg
20240211_155155.jpg

I like how the xbox controller gives scale to the massiveness lol If i could find a deal on three matching ones like you did...id probably do the same in my game room lol

I like how the xbox controller gives scale to the massiveness lol If i could find a deal on three matching ones like you did...id probably do the same in my game room lol
It's the most fun I've had gaming in a long time. The sheer immersion combined with zero input lag and crt level motion clarity! For SDR gaming in a dark room it can't be beat.

I was bummed when plasmas died out before I could get a really high end model, and the monitors sound even better. How do they do showing non native or lower resolutions like DVD (720x480) or pre HD consoles outputting SD video?

All systems are go..........boundless universe here we come! I kid you not........whatever you may suffer from at this moment...walk into my darkened game room....slip into the captain's chair.....place the ultra comfortable Bose headphones upon your head, prop your feet up and allow the stardust to wash over you..........

20240212_140938.jpg

Last edited:
I was bummed when plasmas died out before I could get a really high end model, and the monitors sound even better. How do they do showing non native or lower resolutions like DVD (720x480) or pre HD consoles outputting SD video?

Pretty terribly.

20240215_203902 (2).jpg

Sorry for the blurry camera shots. I'm very impressed that the NV Surround resolutions are crystal clear and fully usable on the Windows desktop now. Until recently NVSurround resolutions outside of the standard NVSurround resolution were only usable in game but were too blurry for desktop use. Now I can take full advantage of all the extra desktop space. At 6806x3820 with Windows scaling set to 200% everything is sharp and clear.

This was before I had everything set up and in proper order. No desk, just sitting on the bare floor; even the resolution hasn't been properly set up via NVSurround and it's bezel correction feature. Here i was running 7k resolution on an RTX 4080. Total screen area of about 172 inches with a diagonal of 103 inches in portrait mode. For scale thats a 24oz cup of Joe sitting in front of the units.
20240130_181148.jpg

This was before I had everything set up and in proper order. No desk, just sitting on the bare floor; even the resolution hasn't been properly set up via NVSurround and it's bezel correction feature. Here i was running 7k resolution on an RTX 4080. Total screen area of about 172 inches with a diagonal of 103 inches in portrait mode. For scale thats a 24oz cup of Joe sitting in front of the units.
View attachment 638048
1709057453271.png

Back