Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, What if TF2 and COD had a baby?

Johnked6

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone playing Garden Warfare? It's actually a nice change of pace from the typical modern military shooters we've been getting for the past several years. It's nice to see a mp game with some colors and quirky humor.

The game features a cooperative mode and three competitive multiplayer modes.

Garden Ops: A cooperative mode where up to four players take control of each of the plants defending a garden through ten zombie waves, with the fifth and tenth waves being boss waves.

Team Vanquish: A 12 vs. 12 team deathmatch variant.

Gardens and Graveyards: A game mode where players either capture (as zombies) or defend (as plants) various objectives. It is a parody of the Conquest and Rush modes from the Battlefield series.

Gnome Bomb: A game mode where players attempt to secure a bomb (strapped to the back of a hapless gnome) and detonate at various bases. It is similar to Obliteration mode from Battlefield 4.

Mixed Mode: A game mode where both Team Vanquish mode and Gardens and Graveyards mode are used interchangeably. It will be one of the two modes with either zombies or plants. Then the next mode played right after will be the same mode along with the same map. However, the player will be using the opposite character team from before. Using the opposite character team does not happen all the time. After two matches of the same mode are complete, the other mode mentioned will do the same action as described.

Night and day have an effect on gameplay.

The game feels like a mix between TF2 and COD, surprisingly fun.

You can get it for 20% off at Gamefly and activate the code on Origin.

http://slickdeals.net/?abt=5:26&sdt...load-plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare/5006681 use code JUN20OFF

Game has the Mantle API also as an option for those with Mantle supported AMD video cards. Of course it defaults to DX11 normally. Set it in the options for a nice little boost to frame rate.

Thanks for the tip. Its surprisingly good especially for 23$

I like that the game is much more cooperative than bf4.

Might have to pick it up for PC.. Have been playing the crap out of it for a while now with my son (4 years old lol). I really like the game and he enjoys it a lot and it's not bloody or anything so I don't mind him playing it. He is actually really good at it lol got 4 kill streak the other day. Has any one played this on Xbox one and played it on pc? Does it look a lot better? I know it's going to look a bit better. How is the game play difference if any? thanks..

Im getting severe hitching with all the settings maxed at 2560x1080... i dont think i should be. dling 14.6 RC2s now

I am honestly may consider getting this game. I enjoy the PvZ games, and for what looks like an innocent game of plants versus zombies, it's looks quite good running on the Frostbite engine.

It really is a lot of fun and from what little time I have had the people unmuted on the mic's on xbox live I haven't heard any nerd rage or cursing. Which is nice since my young son plays. I try to keep it muted all the time just in case. But it seams to be a lot less of the teen age rage players and more people just having fun.

I try to keep it muted all the time just in case. But it seams to be a lot less of the teen age rage players and more people just having fun.

That's because its just other 4 year olds that are also muted. Teenagers aren't playing this since its a kids game.

I played this on XBONE and while it was a LOT of fun, the multiplayer servers were terrible. It would take me multiple tries to get into a match, and I would frequently get disconnected. Other games (e.g. Titanfall) worked fine.:(

That's because its just other 4 year olds that are also muted. Teenagers aren't playing this since its a kids game.

Lol, my 4 year old has been begging me to buy this for him for months.

Been playing this on the Xbox one , its amazing , so fun and quite deep. There are thousands of things to unlock so you can expect to play this for a while unless you spend money to coins to try your luck at unlocking lots of stuff (you absolutely don't have to spend a dime). Classes are mostly well balanced , Zombies have a slight advantage but only slight. I've never felt frustrated by that however and games always result in a win or lose based on teamwork and individual accomplishments.

I never had issues getting into a match on the Xbox One version. In fact the Xbox One version ran butter smooth and none of my friends had issues getting into matches. I would bet that people who did have issues either had those problems during launch or have personal connection issues.

If it wasn't for the fact that I've dumped hundreds of hours into the Xbox One version (without spending a penny and before you could do microtransactions with it) probably means I'll pass on this because unlocking what I have all over again is daunting.

Highly recommend it if you want a game that isn't colored shit brown fps and actually uses its color to make it visually beautiful instead of "atmosphere". If you played Viva Pinata for the Xbox 360 than you have an idea of how PvZ : GW uses its color to make the visuals "pop".

Back