plants vs zombies garden warfare pc 18 bucks

Games Stop has it right now for 20 bucks and when you use Coupon SUMMERPC drops it to 18 bucks. Great game for the price.

Does it activate on steam? Was looking for info regarding it on their site but can't find anything.

Just want to comment that this is one of my favorite games on the Xbox One and totally worth the price of 18 bucks. Popcap did a great job translating this game from a tower defense game to a 3rd person shooter and doing a good job at it? Yea.

And I also haven't spent a dime on extras.

This is the best price around right now. Even the grey market sites can't come close.

This is my favorite next gen game so far, worth every penny of $18 I've got almost 300 hours logged online on xbone with this game

So this is origin only? Also I heard EA added a cash shop..I loved the first one but if this is all true I'm gonna have to pass.

So this is origin only? Also I heard EA added a cash shop..I loved the first one but if this is all true I'm gonna have to pass.

Yes and Yes.
I was going to buy it yesterday myself untill I saw it was not free, yet used a freemium model.
Sorry, EA, as much as I want to play this game, I am NOT going to pay to play it and then have to pay to keep playing. That's called a subscription, and this is no mmo.

The stuff you can buy extra just lets you unlock stuff faster that's all. Just play and you can unlock everything no.

Community is very active.

You don't have to buy anything once you buy the game, most of the unlocks are superficial.

If you are a spoiled brat and like spending money, of course you can buy coins to unlock more superficial packs...

Well worth the $29.99 x 2 I spent months ago for me and the boys, we play it almost every night and it's a blast.

I want this game but I don't buy games that have in-game purchases unless it's cosmetic stuff

I want this game but I don't buy games that have in-game purchases unless it's cosmetic stuff

Don't worry, you earn so many coins per match that buying any of them seems like a waste of money to me.

The in-game currency is coins.

There are many ways to earn coins:
Vanquishing (killing) an enemy
Capturing a control point
Raising a zombie / planting a plant
Getting a kill-streak
Finishing a map
etc.

You spend the coins on packs of "stickers" that are priced anywhere from 1,000 coins to 40,000 coins.

I earn on average 5000-12,000 coins per match, depending on how long the match takes and how well I do. The average points earned follows:

Team Vanquish (deathmatch) : 3,000-6,000
Gardens and Graveyards (like BF rush) : 8,000-12,000
Gnome Bomb (roughly CTF) : 3,000-6,000
Garden Ops : 4,000-8,000 (heavily depends on how well you do getting bonuses and difficulty chosen)

I was dissapointed by the ability to buy coins, but soon realized it doesn't really matter with how fast you earn them!

That's reassuring. Maybe i'll change my mind. Thanks for the info... It's too bad EA doesn't make this clear up front.

For all the fence sitters this game can be played without paying for anything in game. In the game purchases certainly would make it easier. Having said that it just takes longer to get more coins and gems and what not. Certainly things only unlock with cash though and that's a pity. But again its not mandatory to pay to play

[L]imey;1041023873 said:
Wishing they released this on Wii U, seems like a fun living room game.

Yep! was really hoping they'd port there. Maybe when the Wii U shows more of a momentum.Then they can have nintendo costumes/themes :D

Back