Plantronics Wireless over-ear $13 shipped

toddw

[H]ard|Gawd
Egg has the Plantronics GameCom P80 Wireless Gaming Headset - PlayStation 4 & PC

EDIT SORRY THESE ARE NOT OVER EAR THESE ARE ON-EAR. Makes no difference to me but understand it does to some folks.

$13 shipped for those who get the prmo code e-mails: EMCRKRC39

Some people don't like them and I guess it depends on your head size, can only speak for myself. I have no issues with them and the fact they are wireless is a huge plus. I have gamed at least six hours on them on numerous occasions and never once ran out of juice. I'm not going to say they are $200 headphones but I will say IMO they are $50 headphones.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879106004

Last edited:
Holy crap, $10.71 out the door with shoprunner. Thank you sir!

1 item(s):
$29.99
Tax:
$0.72
Shipping:
$0.00
Subtotal:
$30.71
1 Promo Code(s)
EMCRKRC39:
-$20.00
Grand Total:
  • $10.71

Holy crap, $10.71 out the door with shoprunner. Thank you sir!

1 item(s):
$29.99
Tax:
$0.72
Shipping:
$0.00
Subtotal:
$30.71
1 Promo Code(s)
EMCRKRC39:
-$20.00
Grand Total:
  • $10.71
Only $9.99 for me. I generally don't use headsets due to my 5.1 stereo setup. I do not need. Must not buy...

may try these out just because i saw good reviews of the mic plus i have a 5.1 setup for watching movies and doing other shit when i'm not gaming.

Thanks OP, I just recently got back into multiplayer games and not having a mic in PayDay 2 is driving my team crazy.

Never had wireless headset before. I may as well get one for this price! Thanks OP

in 4 one with shoprunner. $9.99 2 day shipping. no brainer. Thanks

In for 1... I too have never had a wireless headset. Bought these for my son as he just broke his a few days ago. Thanks for the great deal.

In for one as well! I have a ton of headsets around the house but I really could use a wireless one for certain situations. And at 13 bucks shipped (Don't have Shoprunner), that's a hell of a deal.

Ordered a set as well. I signed in for Shop Runner and then signed in for the promo and it took the ShopRunner away. Oh well, backup headset and mic for $13 isn't too bad.

In for one. I couldn't get shoprunner to work but 13 bucks is a steal for a decent backup headset.

still waiting for mine to show up.. DHL effing sucks.. they've been sitting in my city for the last 4 days and they refuse to deliver it before the maximum 7 days so i'm stuck waiting until tuesday..

I got one, it's actually not that bad. Looks janky as hell (YOu can see inside to the green circuit board). Doesn't sound bad.

It's only $23 on amazon right now. Don't think it's exactly worth $23 dollars based on the reviews, buy my 48 hour review with gaming and work (I do at home call center stuff), the headset actually isn't that bad. In games I do think it created micro stuttering, but that could be psychopsomatic.

still waiting for mine to show up.. DHL effing sucks.. they've been sitting in my city for the last 4 days and they refuse to deliver it before the maximum 7 days so i'm stuck waiting until tuesday..

Same here DHL is complete shit!

I got one, it's actually not that bad. Looks janky as hell (YOu can see inside to the green circuit board). Doesn't sound bad.

It's only $23 on amazon right now. Don't think it's exactly worth $23 dollars based on the reviews, buy my 48 hour review with gaming and work (I do at home call center stuff), the headset actually isn't that bad. In games I do think it created micro stuttering, but that could be psychopsomatic.
Yeah for the price I'm not expecting 100 dollar headphone quality but my hearing is shit anyways. For me the most important thing is the mic since even on expensive headphones the mic is always ends up being garbage. Should have mine tomorrow and will see if i end up with the same issue you're having.

edit 1 What a surprise right after making this post they showed up even though dhl doesn't show them leaving the warehouse. I see what you're talking about with being able to see the pcb's but I don't think it's a huge deal since they'll be on my head.. they do feel super light and slightly flimsy though. another thing i realized, i can't actually reach the botton on the adapter to pair up the headset.. fuuu...

edit 2 i can hear what you're talking about with the microstutter.. it's not actually that, it's the speaker trying to make up for the lack of bass so you're hearing the speaker vibrate.. i think i can play with my settings to calm it down but i'll have to work on that later tonight or in the morning when i get off work. either way for a 13 dollar wireless headset they sound pretty good and the mic is awesome.

ok found the fix.. in windows playback device configure settings uncheck the box for full range speakers (left and right) should fix the reverb effect from the bass.

after a couple days using them, can confirm best 13 dollars i've ever spent.. thanks again for the heads up toddw.

Last edited:
Reactions: toddw
like this
they're on newegg for 9.99 again with promo code: EMCRKCH23 (note ymmv not sure if the codes unique since it was in an email deal)

I converse on skype a lot and the moment I tried to swap to this wireless the girl I was talking to instantly asked me to go back to my previous mic... but the crazy thing is that the mic I was using prior was on a cheap little logitech H390 headset.

They are worth it at $40-50 sound quality wise. I picked up a couple from the last deal.

If this worked for Xbox, I'd snag one just to have. But since I don't game on Playstation nor any real online gaming on my PC, I'm passing. Doesn't meant I don't want them for reasons, but I'm passing.

Thanks for sharing and tempting me nonetheless!!

They are worth it at $40-50 sound quality wise. I picked up a couple from the last deal.

yeah once i figured out to turn off the dynamic range in the windows sound controls they sound great. before that the bass was insanely high and could hear the speaker membrane vibrating.

After changing everything and getting the best possible outcome they still can't compare to Sony MDR-XB400 which is another relatively cheap pair of wired headphones that I have. It's fine since I use those mostly for practicing guitar and this headset was still only $12 bucks for me lol. But has anyone found any way to make the mic any better? I have tinkered with every setting I know of and still whenever I try to use the mic I get complaints and I have to switch to one of my other headsets (logitech H390 and Logitech G35).

After changing everything and getting the best possible outcome they still can't compare to Sony MDR-XB400 which is another relatively cheap pair of wired headphones that I have. It's fine since I use those mostly for practicing guitar and this headset was still only $12 bucks for me lol. But has anyone found any way to make the mic any better? I have tinkered with every setting I know of and still whenever I try to use the mic I get complaints and I have to switch to one of my other headsets (logitech H390 and Logitech G35).

no my mic's been perfect.. but i've only been using it in TS and discord where i have all the advanced options turned on for echo reduction, echo cancellation and remove background noise but i always have those on with every mic i've ever used.

I'm not saying it doesn't work, it works fine and everything I say can be understood... But I guess I sound less natural or something is amiss according to the girl that complains every time I try to use the wireleess headset lol

Not trying to deter anyone from buying the headset. Everything works fine. And for the $10-$13 dollar price tag you will find nothing better! Even got another pair coming for my sisters birthday gift. They are probably worth their original price tag but when you can get them for $10-13 they are the best budget headset in the game... And shit like this makes the best gifts! No one would ever know that you only paid $10 bucks lol

Edit: I had already tried all suggested changes and a few others in attempt to make myself sound good or at least as good as I do on the other headsets I have but I still got the same complaints.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it doesn't work, it works fine and everything I say can be understood... But I guess I sound less natural or something is amiss according to the girl that complains every time I try to use the wireleess headset lol

ahh gotcha, yeah that's caused by the echo reduction which makes at least my voice sound a little bit lower/muffled i guess.

I ordered a set of these several months ago when they were $10, got 'em in 3 days via fedupex....so HAPPY DHL-ame does NOT deliver anything anywhere near my office :)

I already had the non-gaming version, which were ok for skype calls at work, so I wasn't expecting that much of an improvement...

Boy was I ever surprised, as soon as I put them on and fired up a conference call with some folks overseas, it was like I was in a soundproof room, absolutely 0 background noise, and crystal clear voices coming thru as loud as anyone would ever want :p

SO I gotz me 2 more sets now for the same price, 1 for the gamerbouy upstairs, and 1 for backmeups....just in case....

can someone plug these into a ps3? i want to know if they work

just got my two in the mail.
A quick test with manoware power of the sword. on a medium/low sound level they sounded really good definatly above what i would expect from a 9dollar set.

quicktest on discord. one of my firdns told me it sounded worse than my old logicat C320 webcame mic.

Last edited:
For the price you just can't beat these, I think I will pick up another set just in case.

Back