Planing to buy PS4 Pro. What else to buy with it?

StormClaw

Gawd
- never owned a console before
- hate FPS games and like 3rd person games like Ninja Gaiden
- want the best looking graphics

Is PS4 Pro a good choice for that?
What else do I need to buy to go with it? Like some upgraded/better controller or some other handy gadget?

Thanks.

(I already own a top PC but want a console for more relaxed gaming, on a huge 75" HDR tv, while lying on a bed, etc)

PS4 Pro should fit you handily. No extras required, except perhaps a headset if you plan on multiplayer games.

Pickup the Uncharted remastered series as well as Uncharted 4.
The Last of Us Remastered.
God of War 4 for straight action like Ninja Gaiden.

I recommend the last of us as a good game to play.

also.. get a VR. totally worth it.

In addition to your upcoming PS4 Pro purchase, you can also enjoy your PC games with the $20 Steam Link sale going on.

Just Saiyan

75" my eyes just hurt from that
PS4 Pro is basically not for 4k content but DSR which makes game look better by using special lighting ect..

I'll tell you this much the PS4 is the last console I'll ever buy...

Check out this list of games that support additional PS4 Pro features: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/every-ps4-pro-game-that-is-and-isnt-getting-an-upg/1100-6443385/

If you don't care for FPS games, the games I'd consider are The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn (coming in Feb), Infamous: Second Son, Nioh (February again), and Ratchet & Clank.
There are also many non-Pro games that are worthwhile, although many are also on the PC.

IMO, the difference between the Pro and normal PS4 is pretty small right now. That might become bigger in the future, though.

Check out this list of games that support additional PS4 Pro features: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/every-ps4-pro-game-that-is-and-isnt-getting-an-upg/1100-6443385/

If you don't care for FPS games, the games I'd consider are The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn (coming in Feb), Infamous: Second Son, Nioh (February again), and Ratchet & Clank.
There are also many non-Pro games that are worthwhile, although many are also on the PC.

IMO, the difference between the Pro and normal PS4 is pretty small right now. That might become bigger in the future, though.

Thanks a lot!

I do care for FPS a great deal, but i play them on PC because playing FPS with a gamepad seems super retarded (i tried once and hated it). I heard they even add an aimbot so that players can hit things.

But i'm getting console for the super relaxed arcade style gaming.

Many (probably most) console FPS's have a little bit of auto-aim built in, but it isn't as extreme as you might think. It's usually just a little acceleration here and better tracking here and there. IMO of course, but it makes games less about who can point and click faster and more strategic.
After growing up playing Doom, Quake, Duke, CS, etc. I actually prefer playing most games with a pad these days. Nothing super twitchy like Counter Strike or even the new Doom, but most everything else.

If you ever want a game to test out the idea of console FPS games, look no further than Destiny. At this point it has a TON of content for $50'ish. It has some aiming assistance to help you if you're struggling, but it isn't game breaking and it can be disabled.

Make sure you buy a HDR 4K TV with that PS4 Pro to get the most use out of it, oh yeah and Uncharted 4. However, if you've never purchased a console I highly suggest first playing through the Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection to get familiar with the characters and stories otherwise the ending of Uncharted 4 won't be as bittersweet.

Also MAKE FUCKING SURE you buy The Last of Us Remastered.

The Uncharted games are among my favorites (ever), but they are at least 1/2 shooter. That said, they're probably ideal for converting people over to analog stick aiming.

The Uncharted games are among my favorites (ever), but they are at least 1/2 shooter. That said, they're probably ideal for converting people over to analog stick aiming.
Converting? No, but the stick aiming in the Uncharted series is probably the best in the business.

Make sure you buy a HDR 4K TV with that PS4 Pro to get the most use out of it, oh yeah and Uncharted 4. However, if you've never purchased a console I highly suggest first playing through the Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection to get familiar with the characters and stories otherwise the ending of Uncharted 4 won't be as bittersweet.

Also MAKE FUCKING SURE you buy The Last of Us Remastered.

Yeah, i got a 75" 4k HDR TV (Latest Sony Z9D)

I already got Uncharted 4 but haven't tried it yet.
Is Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection (the one you're suggesting) available on PS4?

The first game i tried was God of War 3 because i love slasher games, but I didn't like it at all. It's just way too flashy and hard to concentrate on anything. The older "The Force Unsealed" games are soo much more realistic and better (Ninja Gaiden II also).

I tried the Driveclub, but while it's good looking it's a bit boring being too realistic and having little action. I'm looking for a more arcade / fun game, like the old NSF: Most Wanted or Hot Pursuit, instead of mindlessly driving laps after laps in Driveclub.

Yeah, i got a 75" 4k HDR TV (Latest Sony Z9D)

I already got Uncharted 4 but haven't tried it yet.
Is Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection (the one you're suggesting) available on PS4?

First of all I tried God of War 3 and didn't like it. It's just way too flashy and hard to concentrate on anythimg. The older "The Force Unsealed" games are soo much more realistic and better (Ninja Gaiden II also).

I tried the Driveclub, but while it's good looking it's a bit boring being too realistic and having little action. I'm looking for a more arcade / fun game, like the old NSF: Most Wanted or Hot Pursuit, instead of mindlessly driving laps after laps in Driveclub.

Yes, Uncharted the Nathan Drake collection is available for PS4 otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it. But you should definitely play those first. Also, I agree about Driveclub. You should try The Crew. I personally adored that game. If you have a friend to play it with then to me it's one of the best racing games i've ever played. It's super fun, huge open-world rpg-like racing game. Lots of different events, and car progression is satisfying. My buddy and I would at times just race across the country too b/c it's so fun and detailed. Going to Miami from Los Angeles was awesome. And from New York to San Francisco going through the Northern states and seeing how the scenery changes. Anyway... it was fun to me. If you're more of a simulator person (which I also love) Gran Turismo Sport is coming out next year.

Post one you say you hate ninja gaiden

Post 3 you say ninja gaiden II is better than gow3 ? I thought you hated it. Also, how did you play it, it's an Xbox exclusive no? You said you've never owned a console?

Let me guess, you played the entire thing at a friends house.

Ninja Gaiden II was eventually released on the PS3 and Vita as a deluxe version with extra content.
Even with the extra stuff, that game wasn't as good as the first one. Linear level design, mashy sequences, spammy bosses, etc.
It was an okay game, but the first was an all-time great.

I'm pretty sure everyone else already suggested everything possible in your description, but say, how is that Z9D TV? Was the $9K? worth the premium? Details!

I just recently "part-time" swapped to the PS4 and bought the KS8000 and thought that was spending a lot, I couldn't imagine spending $9K on a tv!

I'd love to have a 9K TV, but I couldn't justify it even if I had the $ and was prepared to spend it. Too many changing formats on the way and HDMI 2.1 looks to actually be a huge deal. Unlike consoles and video cards, it's pretty tough to move used televisions via Craigslist, too. Makes me miss the days of tube TV's working the same way for years and years.

I really like the PSVR a lot. There aren't a ton of killer apps at the moment, but Rush of Blood is a ton of fun for what it is. The VR Worlds disk has a bunch of demo'ish games that really show off what's possible.
Hopefully we see some real content that pushes it forward, too. Resident Evil 7 looks to be a game that could.

I'd love to have a 9K TV, but I couldn't justify it even if I had the $ and was prepared to spend it. Too many changing formats on the way and HDMI 2.1 looks to actually be a huge deal. Unlike consoles and video cards, it's pretty tough to move used televisions via Craigslist, too. Makes me miss the days of tube TV's working the same way for years and years.

I hear you. When I purchase something like a monitor or TV, I'm looking at the best viewing experience possible, while not going overboard. I'm sure most of us COULD blow 4-5K on a TV, but choose to instead spend only 1,500-2,000 max because the next best thing will be out in a few years. Sure would be great to have that 9K though!

I hear you. When I purchase something like a monitor or TV, I'm looking at the best viewing experience possible, while not going overboard. I'm sure most of us COULD blow 4-5K on a TV, but choose to instead spend only 1,500-2,000 max because the next best thing will be out in a few years. Sure would be great to have that 9K though!

Yup, that's my situation. Back when I was a college student I spent what would have been the equivalent of that much on a big 'ol Trinitron only to have HD (finally) catch on and kill it off 3 years later. Ever since it feels like I've been stuck getting new TV's every few years with something new and amazing always on the horizon. I miss having a TV for 10 years and not missing out on anything :p

Yup, that's my situation. Back when I was a college student I spent what would have been the equivalent of that much on a big 'ol Trinitron only to have HD (finally) catch on and kill it off 3 years later. Ever since it feels like I've been stuck getting new TV's every few years with something new and amazing always on the horizon. I miss having a TV for 10 years and not missing out on anything :p

Ahah, true story! I waited forever for the Samsung KS8000 to go from the high teens to 1,200'ish, glad I waited to be honest, as it's worth every penny. I'm sure in another two years I'll do the same (i.e. get a higher-end'ish TV for a lower price). It totally makes sense, unless you really, really just want to burn some cash.

Back