Planetside2 case mod

Flycatchr

n00b
Hi Guys

I am new here - but not so not so new to case modding.
I hail from South Africa and this is my first scratch build.

I play quite a bit of FPS games and I really enjoy the new MMO FPS from Sony called Planetside2.

I noticed a moding comp run by ECS motherboards and this is the result of 4/5 weeks of solid graft and although it isn't completely finished, It is a functioning PC and has been entered into the competition. - http://www.ecsmodmen.com/entries/58157679mbhG#.UTNJIDBBDoF

If you like mine or any of the other competitors, please vote, but i would love some crits/comments on mine.
Thanks

80topazcrop800.jpg

IMG_0651edit800.jpg

I still intend finishing off the front bumper, with LED headlights (one conected to the HDD header to flash as if broken).

If you know anything about the game, you will recognize the spawn beacon between the two lit tubes - it doubles as the on switch.

the front radiator is for the water cooling system (modified to fit the veihicle), - the block for the cpu wasnt available here in sa when I needed it, so I had to make my own -
flycatchrmotherboard.jpg

Sure did use an expensive RC to start from. The Tamiya Sand scorcher is a nice choice though.

Sure did use an expensive RC to start from. The Tamiya Sand scorcher is a nice choice though.

I was lucky half way through the build that a friend down the road had one he was about to throw away :) unfortunately he only had 4 wheels, so I am actually a few wheels short. I didnt realize it was a sand scorcher and that information might actually help me find another few wheels.

Lol wtf, what of that mod told you it was that AC car? I cant see anything in common with it after the mod:p

Very cool mod though. I do love a scratch build and not a cut a hole in a case and call it a mod.

thanks Kaizer

the only thing from the sand blaster/master/scorcher I used was the wheels. they do seem to be quite distinctive though. thanks for the part number Stat.

Hi Guys

As i understand the rules, tomorrow might be the last day to vote, so if you like mine or anyone else's mod, please vote.

thanks

Back