PlanetSide 2 On PS4 Better Than PC Version On Ultra

HardOCP News

[H] News
If I am reading this quote right, either the "ultra" setting for this game is pretty tame or something is seriously wrong here.

With the impending release of the PS4 version, I wanted to know what sort of changes or additions players can expect. "The PS4 version will be nearly identical to the PC version, with the exception of the User Interface," Matt stated, which is sure to please console players. When asked about the game's graphical settings, Matt stated "If you turned up your PC version to Ultra, that's how it's going to look on PS4."

What is so confusing about a brand-new console being able to run a game that's already been out for a year on PC with high graphics settings?

"If you turned up your PC version to Ultra, that's how it's going to look on PS4," he added when prodded for a graphical comparison. So if you're like me and own an average PC rig, you might be better off going with the PS4 version.

Without any comparable specs, not to mention the age of the PC version, who cares?

And another thing: what I remember most about the first few months of Planetside on PC was how badly it chugged on SLI'd 6990s. It was not, shall we say, optimized. It's better now, but that took time. It might be ultra settings, but what kind of frame rate are we talking? 48 maybe?

Without any comparable specs, not to mention the age of the PC version, who cares?

Title is inaccurate.
PS4 runs 'Ultra' PC settings according to the quote. Ultra = Ultra.

HOWEVER, no Physx on PS4 so I would say that the PC version on ultra with Physx looks better.

Dem gravlifts & particle effects...
planetside2_physx2.jpg

Doable with fewer and lighter OS and software layers and easier to optimize to the metal on a single platform with faster memory system.

Nope. He said the version will run AT ultra quality, not ABOVE ultra quality. I don't find it that hard to believe either. Planetside 2 has good graphics but they aren't so amazing that a PS4 (which has about 50% more GPU power than a Xbone) couldn't run them. The main appeal of Planetside 2 is the gameplay and huge maps anyway, not the graphics

They also didn't mention framerates in that interview. Even a low-end graphics card can technically "run" games at high resolutions and ultra settings, it just wouldn't be playable.

Playing a FPS with a controller is painful too, so there is always that. :p

Title is inaccurate.
PS4 runs 'Ultra' PC settings according to the quote. Ultra = Ultra.

HOWEVER, no Physx on PS4 so I would say that the PC version on ultra with Physx looks better.

Dem gravlifts & particle effects...
planetside2_physx2.jpg
And dat resolution though.

Pretty sure the PS4 version will be limited to 1080p.

1) Devs have optimized the snot out of it.

2) Being a single fixed spec platform, they have optimized it even further.

3) :D:D:D:D:D PhysX oh man that's the best laugh I've had this entire year

What Higby didn't say was that just about any card can run ultra settings on the pc given sufficient cpu strength.

Read the quote, realize OP can't read, don't click link, ?????? , profit?

For the 1,000th time, you guys do realize we don't make or change the titles of these news items. They are copied from the source article directly or the e-mail news submissions directly from the author. In this case, the news item was submitted to us exactly the way you see it.

ALSO, we include quotes from the article so that you may read that and decide if that is a link worth clicking or not.

If that is too hard to comprehend, the news forum might no be for you. If so, please let me know, I will remedy the situation, you will never have to read another "shitty clickbait" headline.

This excludes the fact that a PC will support higher resolutions and higher levels of antialiasing.

Back